COUNTRY MUSIC FANS

BBC4 is featuring a biography/history of Nashville, hub of country music since 1925, on Friday 7th November.

Contributions from Kris Kristofferson **mwah** and Dolly Parton (no dumb blonde) amongst others, should be good.  BBC4 do a lot of great music programmes.  Some programmes on Radio 2 as well.

Nobody told me there'd be days like these,
Strange days indeed, strange days indeed,
Most peculiar Mamma.....................................
Message 1 of 5
See Most Recent
4 REPLIES 4

COUNTRY MUSIC FANS

You are obviously a Bob Dylan fan rainy.  Me too!!!   I knew there had to be another one out there.

..........................................................................................................

crooksnanny ~ maz
Message 2 of 5
See Most Recent

COUNTRY MUSIC FANS

Hiya mjc, yes I am indeed a huge Dylan fan.  What about you - are you into the old stuff or do you keep up with him?  Have you seen him perform?  Although mostly you can hardly see him Woman Very Happy  old rogue that he is.

Message 3 of 5
See Most Recent

COUNTRY MUSIC FANS

No, regretfully I've never seen him perform. I don't keep up with his later stuff - any  music really, but I do love the 60's stuff that he did.

My favourite lines from Dylan songs:

You don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now.

It aint me babe.........................and so many more.

..........................................................................................................

crooksnanny ~ maz
Message 4 of 5
See Most Recent

COUNTRY MUSIC FANS

I have been very lucky and seen him a few times.  He is famed for standing right at the back of the band in his hat and his gambler trousers and jacket, playing the keyboard.  He doesn't speak, no intros, no 'Hello Glasgow', nothing.  Sings out of tune, forgets lyrics, finishes with Like a Rolling Stone and then just walks off stage.

BUT in 2011 he was on tour with Mark Knopfler and he must have thought, have to make a bit of an effort here, don't want to be shown up by this young upstart - and there he was - at the back initially - and then up front at the mike, guitar and harmonica, talking and introducing the band, the place went wild.  Knopfler played first and then Dylan came on and completely upstaged him, even sang in tune - old rogue - he was even dancing on his skinny wee legs - His Bobness boogieing Woman Happy - then he sang 'Tangled Up In Blue' and my night was complete.

If you need a pressie for Christmas try - Oh Mercy 1989, Modern Times 2006 and Tempest 2012 - great albums - the last 2 very Americana and back to his roots, I love them.  Look them up on Yout*be.  I'll shurrup now.

Message 5 of 5
See Most Recent