CHAMPAGNE FOR A SHARPER MEMORY

The boffins have now concluded that phenloic compounds - chemicals found in plants and champagne - can alter proteins in the brain for storing memories.  Just one or two glasses a week might be all you need to reap the benefits.

So that's me down to L*dl in the morning, if I give him 1 or 3 glasses a night I'm on a winner.

1. cos he'll fall asleep, oh bliss.

2. I'll be helping his memory.

We're having a new bed delivered and he has asked me at least twice a day for the past week 'is your new bed coming on Thursday?'.  Told again, NO IT IS BEING DELIVERED TO THE COURIER ON THURSDAY AND THEN THEY WILL CONTACT ME, he asked me last night whilst I was preparing dinner, the rash though to bop him on the head with the greasy wooden spoon I was holding was dispelled only because of my preaching to my son that 'violence solves nothing'.  Wouldn't want to spoil my spotless record.

So I have now stuck up 2 A4 sheets in marker pen - one above the bed, the other on the cooker hood, informing him of this fact.

I over react don't IWoman LOL  but between that and the 'I'm not deaf' syndrome we are currently locked in I am going round the bend.

Just saying.  So champers it is Woman Happy

Nobody told me there'd be days like these,
Strange days indeed, strange days indeed,
Most peculiar Mamma.....................................
Message 1 of 16
See Most Recent
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Champagne did nothing for my memory the last time I got a bit wobbly on it.

It was one of those evenings where your glass gets constantly topped up and I was just about to get a kebab (as you do) on the way home when I remembered I'd only just eaten a meal. Smiley Happy

15 REPLIES 15

Ah bless we all know that feeling Rainy.
Message 2 of 16
See Most Recent

Champagne did nothing for my memory the last time I got a bit wobbly on it.

It was one of those evenings where your glass gets constantly topped up and I was just about to get a kebab (as you do) on the way home when I remembered I'd only just eaten a meal. Smiley Happy

Sorry Bankhaunter, pressed the wrong button.

My ex husband used to say (when I was a young woman) that I had 'champagne legs.  **coff**.  He always knew he was on a promise.  Don't touch it at all now!

I don't understand about the elephant Woman Frustrated

Message 4 of 16
See Most Recent

The elephant is an apparently very funny advertising slogan found on carrier bags from the Port Brasta megamarket, Alpha Centuri but you have to know Alpha Centurian to get the joke. Smiley Happy

OK so now I am none the wiser.  I hate it when i feel thick.  Is Google my friend?

Or do I have to email brainy PhD brother? 

Message 6 of 16
See Most Recent

I used to think there was no such thing as a bad champagne until I bought a bottle from Kwik Save.  Blimey.  Like metal polish strained through an old balaclava helmet.

And I still can't remember.

Message 7 of 16
See Most Recent

It's from The Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy, it was printed on a carrier bag that Arthur Dent used to carry his bits in when hitching back to the Earth which had mysteriously reappeared after having been destroyed by the Vogons.

Aaaah, thank you Bankhaunter.  I don't read Scy Fy (as it has been re christened by Sky), but my brother would have known.

Metal polish strained through an old balaclava helmet - oh Mouse you are priceless Woman LOL  that is wonderful.

I once spent a night (on a date) drinking Southern Comfort with my beau, trying to be all sophisticated.  Apparently I puked all over his suit and he had to take me home in a taxi, including helping me up 3 flights of stairs (we lived in a tenement).  I remember nothing of that night at all.

Message 9 of 16
See Most Recent

Aaaah, thank you Bankhaunter.  I don't read Scy Fy (as it has been re christened by Sky), but my brother would have known.

Metal polish strained through an old balaclava helmet - oh Mouse you are priceless Woman LOL  that is wonderful.

I once spent a night (on a date) drinking Southern Comfort with my beau, trying to be all sophisticated.  Apparently I puked all over his suit and he had to take me home in a taxi, including helping me up 3 flights of stairs (we lived in a tenement).  I remember nothing of that night at all. Woman Embarassed

Message 10 of 16
See Most Recent

You can say that again, Rainy

Message 11 of 16
See Most Recent

Do you think that champagne truffles would work?

Oooopps, forgot that I'm not allowed to eat chocolate.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Some days I pray for silence
Some days I pray for soul
Some days I just pray to the god of sex and drums and rock 'n' roll
Message 12 of 16
See Most Recent

Send some to me, I'm willing to do the testing. Smiley Happy

I don't like champers - or it doesn't like me - either way, it's mutual.

So I'd rather have the veggies wot got that stuff in them.

Interesting note - did you know that champagne (as the stuff is) was invented by an English chappie?

So, although one is now only allowed to call it champagne 'cos it's from that named region, 'tis an English invention wot got nicked.

********************************************************************************
My body is an old warehouse full of declining storage, my mind is a dusty old reference library, strictly for members and archaeologists only
Message 14 of 16
See Most Recent

Love champagne, I am in agreement with Madame Bollinger (if only I could afford it!)

“I drink it when I’m happy and when I’m sad.
Sometimes I drink it when I’m alone.
When I have company I consider it obligatory.
I trifle with it if I’m not hungry and drink it when I am.
Otherwise, I never touch it – unless I’m thirsty.”

Doesn't seem to do much good for Mrs WSKs memory though. It is worryingly bad.

Message 15 of 16
See Most Recent

Always get hiccups. Obviously not meant for the high life.
Message 16 of 16
See Most Recent