Bread Pudding recipe

Anyone got a really old fashioned bread pudding recipe from yonks ago!

Have googled it but they are all new recipes even though some have got my grans old recipe! TUT cos they aint like the old taste.

We are looking for one thats made in an oven tin, dark brown stodge that would hold a house up!

Dont want any nuts or oats in it, and not bread and butter pudding either, thankyee very much so type awaywow

Message 1 of 23
See Most Recent
22 REPLIES 22

Bread Pudding recipe

CB mr T's bakers used to make it out of the leftover bread. In the good old days and then sell it the next day and we never had any left over.
Message 21 of 23
See Most Recent

Bread Pudding recipe

My Mum used to put marmalade in hers, it was the only bread pudding I have ever been able to eat. Dark brown, sticky and delicious.

Unfortunately, she can't now remember her recipe, because I really want to make it

MIL makes one which she thinks is lovely, (but it's actually revolting - pale and stodgy) Of course, we all say "thank you very much" very politely, but it usually ends up on the bird table. The birds love it Smiley Very Happy

Photobucket

Message 22 of 23
See Most Recent

Bread Pudding recipe

our store never made it Ed, I've been there15yrs. Mind you, when I arrived they had just stopped the staff sales. Do you still have freebees? we very rarely get them....they'd rather waste stuff and sell it cheap to us or even give it away!

Photobucket

Message 23 of 23
See Most Recent