Are CD's out of fashion?

Have I missed something???  Robot Sad

I have noticed that people no longer appear interested in buying either music CD's or Audio Book CD's - Even when the price is very low.

Is it only a minority like me, who still enjoy CD's? 

Thanks to anyone who replies,

amethyst (confused)!

Message 1 of 24
See Most Recent
23 REPLIES 23

Are CD's out of fashion?

mouse4702
Conversationalist

Nah, I'm with you.  Still buying them.  Keep this download stuff, it's beyond me - give me a silver disc every time!

Message 2 of 24
See Most Recent

Are CD's out of fashion?

I think people are now Dowloading onto discs and making them themselves hun!!!. I still got some CDs,, dont play them anymore. I listen to music on MTV or music channels on t.v and they have the video playing with them!!!. Thats good enough for me!!.heart. Waste of money buying them i think.

Message 3 of 24
See Most Recent

Are CD's out of fashion?

Even downloads are declining as people are now just streaming music through their computers, tablets and phones. Millions of tracks available for little or no money. I just wonder what people will have to look back on. I still have all my vinyl, and a few boxes of cassettes as well as CDs and downloaded music on my laptop.. There is still something satisfying about finding an album I might not have listened to in years, sticking it on the turntable and letting the memories flood back.

My sister in law opened a record shop last year ( yup real records!) and it is doing well  so there is still a market for real life physical recordings

Message 4 of 24
See Most Recent

Are CD's out of fashion?

I see that our local HMV has gone back to stocking some vinyl!  Best of luck to your SIL - she's not in Wales is she?

Message 5 of 24
See Most Recent

Are CD's out of fashion?

No--you are not alone !! and this is from someone who thought when he purchased his first cd that it was a sort of condensed record and tried to play it on an ordinary record player--doh !!

Message 6 of 24
See Most Recent

Are CD's out of fashion?

Delighted to hear it--wish her the best of luck !!

Message 7 of 24
See Most Recent

Are CD's out of fashion?

No Mouse she is in Chesterfield.( If you are on FB search Tallbird Record Shop) There seem to be a few more independent record shops popping up these days. There is growing demand for vinyl and more new stuff is now being issued ( often with a free digital download for those that want to have it on their ipod etc) . One problem being that there is no one making new record pressing equipment and so the plants are having to hunt round for second hand stuff to refurbish to increase capacity.

Message 8 of 24
See Most Recent

Are CD's out of fashion?

I love CDs

**********Sam**********
Message 9 of 24
See Most Recent

Are CD's out of fashion?

I still buy some cds, I usually only listen in the car though, I have the radio on in the house normally.  OH and son buy loads of them on ebay.

Message 10 of 24
See Most Recent

Are CD's out of fashion?

I prefer CDs even though I do only listen to them in the car.

Message 11 of 24
See Most Recent

Are CD's out of fashion?

OMG Silvermalc you didn't did you?  Bless you!

Message 12 of 24
See Most Recent

Are CD's out of fashion?

CD's what are they.i still use cassettes9.gif

.................................................................................................................
Running away from your problems is a race you will never win.
Message 13 of 24
See Most Recent

Are CD's out of fashion?

I'm still on CDs too

Message 14 of 24
See Most Recent

Are CD's out of fashion?

I threw all my cassettes in the bin a couple of months ago .......... still have quiet a few vinyls though, mainly 70s & 80s plus a fair few Royal Marine Band ones that belonged to my Dad ...... cos he played on some of them     🙂

" I do love knitting patterns.”
-- Dumbledore, The Half-Blood Prince (2005)
Message 15 of 24
See Most Recent

Are CD's out of fashion?

I still buy cd's. Bought the new Elbow one a few weeks ago.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I am made entirely of flaws stitched together with good intentions"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 16 of 24
See Most Recent

Are CD's out of fashion?

YES !! Honest--it was stage soundtrack of Kiss of the Spiderwoman--but it did have happy ending as when I went to get a replacement several of the stars were signing albums so got one ( including Chita Riviera !! )

Message 17 of 24
See Most Recent

Are CD's out of fashion?

I passed a shop that sells stereos and suchforth this morning and they had a new notice saying Vinyl Records for sale. Wish i had kep my ones i had i had hundreds literally. I could have got a lot more money now than when i sold them all. I think i was Fleeced!!!!. DAMNWoman Frustrated

Message 18 of 24
See Most Recent

Are CD's out of fashion?

Still got a few !!

Message 19 of 24
See Most Recent

Are CD's out of fashion?

Yes I think they are out of fashion. I still play CD's but like others only in the car. I have lord knows how many gigs of digital music on my pc and if I dont have a particular song I just search Youtube and play it from there. I still have loads of vinyl albums and 45's and quite a few 78rpm but no turntable to play them on yet.

Message 20 of 24
See Most Recent