Apparantly we are going to experience a weather bomb!

Anyone ever heard of this before, it's a new one on me,  Very big waves and high winds, that's a storm isn't it.

Message 1 of 25
See Most Recent
24 REPLIES 24

sounds like one

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take a breath, then count to ten, then breatheeeeeeeeeeeee out
Message 2 of 25
See Most Recent

Its a new buzz word by the press to make them think they look good.

Might even be so all the computers at the NSA who are spying on us spend their time looking into the keyword LOL

Call the President,there is a weather bomb alert.

Message 3 of 25
See Most Recent

Whatever will they think of next?  It is wet here at the moment but we have a yellow weather warning for strong winds from in the early hours of tomorrow morning until early on Thursday.  It doesn't sound good.

Message 4 of 25
See Most Recent

Our local weatherman has just christened the low pressure Bob.  I think our friends in Scotland will get the brunt of it.

Message 5 of 25
See Most Recent

I think that you're right ed.  I live in north west England and I've just watched our local weather on BBC1 and on the coast, there will be gusts of wind from 60 to 70 mph.  Inland, we'll have gusts of wind from 50 to 60 mph.  This will be accompanied by heavy rain and all this will start around midnight and carry on until around 6am on Thursday.  I've just looked on the met office website and we've got thunder on Friday and snow on Saturday.  Hopefully, they'll change their minds.

Message 6 of 25
See Most Recent

we live in the north of Scotland and it looks like we are in for a rough time. One thing that scares the life out of me is strong wind - I always think the roof is going to blow off or the chimneys come down - so am in for a pretty scary time I think. Having had 4 trees come down in a recent gale doesn't make me feel any better about the storms. Will post if we have any damage when it is all over.

Message 7 of 25
See Most Recent

Hope that you don't have any damage Myra.  Fingers crossed for you.

Message 8 of 25
See Most Recent

thank you that is so kind, just concentrate on keeping yourself safe though. I expect to lose internet connection for a day or so but will be back when it is all over. Stay safe everybody

Message 9 of 25
See Most Recent

Hope that you stay safe as well Myra.  Fingers crossed for you.

Message 10 of 25
See Most Recent

It certainly does sound like a storm as a 'weather bomb' Ed. Not that I have heard that phrase before too. 

Look out of your window books_and_bits as I am waving to you. Not the nicest of weather is it in the North West.  Hopefully no damage for you there Myraandjim, or for anyone.

Message 11 of 25
See Most Recent

0000000000000000.,..jpg

......................................................................................................................................................................................................... .................Im a 76 year old Nutcase.. TOMMY LOVES YOU ALL. .. I'm a committed atheist.
Message 12 of 25
See Most Recent

Whereabouts are you Burpy?  I live in St Helens.  We've got the wind and rain already and it's not nice.

Message 13 of 25
See Most Recent

Not nice at all is it books_and_bits, blowing a lot my side in Bolton. A fence panel has come out, it was a bit loose anyway. Smiley Frustrated

Message 14 of 25
See Most Recent

Sorry about your fence panel Burpy.  You're not too far away from me then.  We went for a day out to Bolton earlier on this year.  We had our lunch at a lovely fish and chip restaurant.  We then had a spot of retail therapy and we went back to the fish and chip restaurant for a cream tea before heading home.  There were about 40 of us went altogether.  It was good.

Message 15 of 25
See Most Recent

Such a lovely day out for you all, and tucking in to the fish and chips too. Best part of the day. Smiley Very Happy

Although, retail therapy is a must. Smiley LOL

Message 16 of 25
See Most Recent

Phew!. Gail has been eating a lot of spinach Tommy.irene. Smiley LOL

Message 17 of 25
See Most Recent

Blowing a hooley here and we aren't going to get the bad weather!
Message 18 of 25
See Most Recent

The sun is shining at the moment, but some grey sky is creeping in. The wind is getting up a bit now. On the radio it said to expect gusts of wind around 70mph this afternoon. I am weighting my boots down that's for sure. Smiley Very Happy

Message 19 of 25
See Most Recent

My leccie's going on & off, so sporadic internet...

sooooo windy & snowy here...

I'll say cheerio for now peeps...see you the other side of this storm Woman Happy

********************************************************************************
Be not inhospitable to strangers, lest they be Angels in disguise.

Message 20 of 25
See Most Recent