A hypothetical accommodation question for you all.

If someone from this forum was visiting in your area or contemplating a holiday or would like to visit your area and money was tight and you had a spare bedroom, would you invite them to come and stay with you ?

Purely a hypothetical question to try and generate some more debating or conversation in the forum.

Message 1 of 12
See Most Recent
11 REPLIES 11

It would depend - if it was some-one that I have chatted to a lot, then yes but only for a couple of nights.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Some days I pray for silence
Some days I pray for soul
Some days I just pray to the god of sex and drums and rock 'n' roll
Message 2 of 12
See Most Recent

I am a member of forums on other sites (not social media) and there are a few people who I have talked to a lot and I now consider to be friends. One in the US, three in Australia and one in New Zealand.

Of the Auzzies I have met two. I caught up with one of them when I went to Australia and another when He came to England to visit relatives here. He and his wife had rented a flat for a fairly long stay and they invited us to stay, which was so nice because although we had talked a lot on the forum, we were still really complete stangers, and they had no idea if we were honest, clean,drunks, or anything else. We went,and had a really good time with them. The third Auzzie is coming to England on holiday next summer and I have offered him and his wife to stay. I wouldn't offer accomodation to just any one on that site, but for those five yes - any time.

I don't feel particularly close to any one on this forum, but there are a few  regular posters here who seem really nice and appear to have similar interests to mine - so probably yes.

..........................................................................................................

crooksnanny ~ maz
Message 3 of 12
See Most Recent

Yes I would, & have done.

********************************************************************************
Be not inhospitable to strangers, lest they be Angels in disguise.

Message 4 of 12
See Most Recent

yes, i have been here for several years tho i rarely respond on the threads i do read them every day.

there are several people here whom i know a lot about 🙂  even tho of course i have never met them. f

from the highlands to wales, from london to dorset - our members are everywhere 🙂 and if one was passing / needed a bed in torquay then they are welcome ( hope they like pets a lot ! as i foster dogs so currently have 7 ( yes seven ) and i have cats too 🙂

as long as i don't have to entertain them all day and all evening. i can only do small talk for a little while 🙂

Message 5 of 12
See Most Recent

Yes I would because most people on here seem really nice but if someone came and they were awful you could always ask them to leave again! It's always risky inviting a stranger into your home but I have done it several times and ended up getting along well with them, we had a couple of lads a few years ago knocked on the door and asked if there was anywhere near here where they could camp for the night, they were doing a charity cycle ride, we offered them a bed, a meal, and most importantly a shower, spent a good few hours chatting with them that evening and over breakfast the next morning before waving them off on their next part of their ride. They still drop us the odd email and have become friends.

Message 6 of 12
See Most Recent

I used to host on couch surfing when I lived in Newcastle - the people were always fine, and some of them were lovely.  I don't do it any more because now I live alone (so wouldn't be comfortable inviting total and utter strangers into my home -you just get an email from someone on couhcsurfing to say they want to stay - purely from a safety aspect) and also, I work such long hours most of the time it would be very hard for me to arrange to meet to hand over keys etc.  Plus, my spare bedroom is always a total shambles 😄

But I've certainly hosted comparative strangers here - friends of friends etc so wouldn't rule out any FHGers passing through Toxteth: I'd even let you have my bed, as I do for honoured guests!

Message 7 of 12
See Most Recent

If it was someone off FHG then yes I would but there's a problem.  We only have two bedrooms - my mum has one and I have the other so where someone else would sleep is anyone's guess.

Message 8 of 12
See Most Recent

Yes & I have done it to people & 'know' on line. I have made some good friends along the way.:)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I am made entirely of flaws stitched together with good intentions"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 9 of 12
See Most Recent

If it was man, books, you and your mum would just have to fight over him, unless he could bring a brother or a dad or someone!  😉

Message 10 of 12
See Most Recent

You've got a lovely garden, from the pictures I've seen on here: they could always bring a tent!

Message 11 of 12
See Most Recent

Yes i would ,   but only if it was someone ive talked to a lot online or have met in RL