addiction warning..start with one house and end up with a village !!

Now and again I stop and look at the dolls houses I have and wonder where they all came from

They have even spread into the garden where they are occupied by the local hedghog population.

P

Message 1 of 6
See Most Recent
5 REPLIES 5

Talk about addiction.  I have a large basement room and I am considering setting up a doll house museum and hospital.  I had a gift shop and started a small section for the doll house afficianados and when I retired and sold on the shop, two new great grand  daughters were born. I thought, no one is going to believe Granny had a doll house shop unless I at least get one really nice one.  Well, that was 6 houses ago.  I have even started a miniatures group and I call myself a doll house restorer now.  Truth is I just can't stand this retirement lark.  I have to keep busy and this is better than eating biscuits and drinking tea all day or driving my poor husband crazy with refurbing the house.  I just love to find artisan items and antique doll house furniture and I spend much too much money on them usually!  Pamela, I hadn't thought about letting the hedgehogs use them.. That's a brilliant idea!!  

Message 2 of 6
See Most Recent

hellloo ...does anyone come in here at all ?????

Message 3 of 6
See Most Recent

Hi I have just. Brought a whole set of 100 D. I.Y step by step “build a dolls” I am looking forward to making a start tomorrow . Has anyone got experience In this as i would love to hear of any tips ,ideas 🤔😉
Message 4 of 6
See Most Recent

My daughter and me always make some furniture for her doll's house. It's so fascinating. Agree, if you start doing it, you can't stop))

Message 5 of 6
See Most Recent

Not sure how you are finding these 10 - 20 + year old threads, but I would imagine the original OP has either now acquired a hedgehog zoo in her garden with her excellent use of used dolls houses or found another collection / hobby!

Though it is a great vision, one which we sadly can never have in our garden,  hedgehogs that is,   as we feed a large family of badgers ,  they and their descendants, have been coming to us for decades.

Apparently gardens with badgers =  No Hedgehogs !

@mazal-84 

Message 6 of 6
See Most Recent