Probs with eBay uk app since Android update

I'm having problems with the ebay UK application on my Galaxy s2 since carrying out the latest Android  update 4.1.2 .I can search for items but when I tap on an item to view more details the item will not display I see the message ”We're sorry, the item can't be displayed and a blue "Retry" box . If I retry it then displays "sorry network lost".I had no problems before update. I have uninstalled updates...still the same. Installed the updates...still the same.My phone arrived with the ebay application already loaded and I am not able to uninstall /re install the application.Can someone please help cos it's driving me crazy. Thanks
Message 1 of 25
See Most Recent
24 REPLIES 24

Don't think you're being ignored. This is a relatively quiet board, and by and large we tend to concentrate more on general computing (and other technical) stuff than on eBay - specific software. This is often better dealt with on the general boards, if only because queries receive more views, and there's a better chance of finding someone who has experienced the same problem and resolved it.

That said, a bit of  a search suggests that problems with eBay apps tend to result, in the words of the song, in more questions than answers.

A couple of thoughts.

Perhaps your eBay app is not compatible with the updates applied to your Android operating system. Have you tried installing the latest version of the app itself? It might just work better with the updated system.

I see it was updated recently (26th July). More information here and a download available here:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ebay.mobile&hl=en

Is it essential to use an "app," or could you list via a supported browser just as you would on a conventional computer? Firefox for Android seems to available here:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.mozilla.firefox&hl=en

Hope you find a solution. If you do, perhaps you might take a couple of minutes to post back and say what you did. This could be of great assistance to others.

Best of luck!

Message 2 of 25
See Most Recent

OE - in this case, the android Ebay app is vastly superior to simply browsing to Ebay on a phone.

I'm running the S3 version of the phone with the same android version and all is well but I'm on a 4G network so its hard to tell if the OPs problem is an older phone, an older app version, a 3G network or something else.

I suspect if it was the network or a real issue with this android version, we'd have read more about problems.

OP - you might want to ask about this on an android forum since I imagine quite a few people there will use the Ebay app.

Message 3 of 25
See Most Recent

Found the items can't be displayed on my s4 mini running kaspersky but intermittent. It works oK on network connection o2 but go to wifi and it stops working
Message 4 of 25
See Most Recent

I am having the same problem and have logged this with Ebay.  The app worked perfectly on my Galaxy S2 worked (even with latest updates) but does not work on my new S4 mini. I get the same issue of not being able to view an item. Only happens on wi-fi connection, works Ok with O2 mobile data.  As it is pre-loaded, i am unable to un-install and re-install.

Please fix this as I am missing using my app.

Message 5 of 25
See Most Recent

I have the same problem I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Ebay app so many times and it just WILL NOT work. Dont know what to do, I have two Samsung galaxy notes 10.1 and a 8 and the app will not perform on either.

@v-twincn64 wrote:
I'm having problems with the ebay UK application on my Galaxy s2 since carrying out the latest Android  update 4.1.2 .I can search for items but when I tap on an item to view more details the item will not display I see the message ”We're sorry, the item can't be displayed and a blue "Retry" box . If I retry it then displays "sorry network lost".I had no problems before update. I have uninstalled updates...still the same. Installed the updates...still the same.My phone arrived with the ebay application already loaded and I am not able to uninstall /re install the application.Can someone please help cos it's driving me crazy. Thanks

Message 6 of 25
See Most Recent

Galaxy Note 2 - eBay app never before installed.  The phone updated itself to Android 4.3 today, then I saw this post so I installed the eBay app to test it.  Works fine.

Message 7 of 25
See Most Recent

I've seen several recent topics about this problem.  One person reports that turning the phone off, waiting a few seconds, and turning it back on cleared the problem.  Another reports that turning off, removing the simm card, replacing the card, and turning the phone back on did the trick.

Message 8 of 25
See Most Recent

none of this worked. I still get the error messge on Galaxy note 3, kit kat :o(

Message 9 of 25
See Most Recent

natty, it's ten months since angler posted that. I'd imagine much has changed in both eBay's and Android's worlds in that time.

No matter how hard the marketing world is pushing people into mobile devices, they do still seem to fall short of conventional computers much of the time. Why not just use an ordinary desktop or laptop?

Having said that, I tend to look out for listings "posted with eBay mobile" or whatever it is. They seem to attract lower winning bids, as far as I can make out - probably because so many of them are so poor compared with listings posted from conventional kit.

I might be totally wrong about that. Again.

Message 10 of 25
See Most Recent

Trying to view items in my eBay app today. It says "sorry the item cannot be displayed" please fix this ebay. Am using galaxy s4
Message 11 of 25
See Most Recent

Images are still broken in the android app version 2.8.2

Fix this, incompetent **bleep**s
Message 12 of 25
See Most Recent

EBay app registering "lost wifi connection" galaxy s5 latest app and android versions whilst being able to brows web version at ease! Tried reinstalling with no effect.......
Message 13 of 25
See Most Recent

My HTC updated at the weekend and ever since I keep getting lost connection error on my eBay app I can search for things but won't let me view them once they appear tried to reinstall a few times but still pants
Message 14 of 25
See Most Recent

Im the same as the last 2 posts lost connection ive uninstalled the ebay app reinstaled it and still the same
Message 15 of 25
See Most Recent

Hi Ive uninstalled ebay app and down loaded the new android app and its still the same, itermitent, slow, cannot check out infact the app has serious problems and it is costing sellers a lot of lost sales.

Ebay does not seem to care I have phoned them and a lady who I could bearly understand says that it is not their problem and blames mytablet and phone, **bleep** off!!

Message 16 of 25
See Most Recent

I have a galaxy note and it is not working on it so ive uninstalled the app.I have then googled ebay uk and added it to my homepage and now it works great.The updated app is useless but you can still enjoy ebay doing it this way.☺☺
Message 17 of 25
See Most Recent

I have a Kobo Arc 7" tablet.
It now says no longer compatable with it.
If aaI try going through Google or other search engines it just breaks down.
Message 18 of 25
See Most Recent

I have same problem on samsung tablet it also says its no
no longer compatible hope they sort it out as I use it loads
Message 19 of 25
See Most Recent

Open play store and load full screen eBay.it seems to work OK on non compatible tablet.
Message 20 of 25
See Most Recent