Problems with ebay summary page

I can't get past page 1 of my summary to look at subsequant pages. It look like an advert is trying to load, and is stuck in a continuous loop. Any ideas?

Message 1 of 6
See Most Recent
5 REPLIES 5

Ebay UK is at the moment a hopeless mess and a number of features are not working ,which has caused me to stop buying until they sort it. Log out of the uk site go into ebay.com (America) and log on, you will then be able to access all areas as normal. Not ideal I know but who knows how long it is going to take Ebay to sort out this mess as the are not acknowledging that there are any problems.

I use Chrome so it is not that, I have cleared cookies and cache and even re-loaded Java and nothing makes any difference. If it was me why am I able to use the USA site without any problems? The issue is with Ebay and they are ignoring the problems.

Message 2 of 6
See Most Recent

It seems to have started when the 'FREELOTTO' pop ups began to appear. There's also a lot of junk being displayed and emails are getting corrupted. I've just had problems accessing order details to send something. It displays the page for about 20 secs then goes into gibberish.  

I'd say someone has done a pretty good job of hacking into ebay,co.uk and nobody wants to admit it.  

Message 3 of 6
See Most Recent

A quick look through the forums suggests that eBay UK might not be having one of its better moments.

Having said that - if it looks as if unwanted stuff such as "Freelotto" ads (the mind boggles) is interfering with the functioning of the site, it might be worth checking that your computer has not been infected with adware, or worse.

I'm probably wrong again, but there seems to be at least one strain of adware which targets users of online selling sites. This thread offers an example:

http://community.ebay.co.uk/t5/Computing-Advice-Technology-Chat/what-is-inject-ttinline-com/m-p/2606...

If you're using a Windows computer, you might like, at the very least, to consider running scans with AdwCleaner and Malwarebytes - see the thread referenced above for more gen.

As far as the usual eBay woes are concerned, it's probably worth doing a little computer maintenance. Check you're using a current browser (but if you're using Internet Explorer 11, you might need to use Compatibility View), ensure your operating system is fully updated, make sure that Flash player is fully updated (likewise Java, if you have it installed - not to be confused with Javascript, which your browser needs and uses), clear cookies and cache (don't forget flash cookies if problems persist), and after all that, restart the browser. Or the whole computer - which seems to solve things for some folk.

But don't rule out the possibility of adware/malware if you're seeing odd things happening.

Message 4 of 6
See Most Recent

Something's terribly wrong here, then, cos eBay's one site I'm NOT having problems with 😮  (Famous last words.)

Message 5 of 6
See Most Recent

Anonymous
Not applicable

Your not on your own with bug bay it got worse over the years, and I'm selling on amazon now and will close this ebay account in time. The ebay AKA bug bay has lost its appeal to me, eventually it will only be big companies that can sell on bug bay due to their strict return policies and lack of support for a small seller.

Message 6 of 6
See Most Recent