Community Update Thread Closed . ! ! !

So according to Katie .............."We were able to implement some of the feedback given and we are not finished yet! I am continuing to work on the feedback given on this thread and appreciate all your input."

And the thread is locked .

So we just go away.

And pretend nothing has changed .

Well one thing certainly hasnt changed , and thats ebay's contemp for us . !

Message 1 of 10
See Most Recent
9 REPLIES 9

Like I said on the now closed thread,  a few token pre-arranged concessions rolled out and that's all you're going to get.  Management is done with pretending that it listens, they are where they wanted to be from the beginning. 

They're even copying PP's tactic of locking the thread, on PP when they've "listened" enough, they just give the thread a big green tick and declare the problem "Solved".

Message 2 of 10
See Most Recent

Did anyone seriouly expect more than cosmetic changes to something that was planned long ago when the great god of blank white space first came on board.

The only option is the normal take it or leave it, we (they) don't care which.

Rest In Peace eBay Discussion Forum, it was an experience while it was there.

I will miss being able to disagree with the previous two respondents, mainly because there will not be an easy way to find a thread if you miss the initial post.

Who's the one with the grin on his face. Says he's gonna save the human race
He laughs a lot as he climbs to fame. What's his name?
Guru Banana
Message 3 of 10
See Most Recent

According to Tamebay ....................The boards are not only much more aesthetically pleasing, bright and welcoming, but also are technically better on the back end. The mobile experience has been enhanced, load times have been reduced and navigation through the site has been tweaked to make it quicker to get to where you want to go.

Mr Dawson goes on to say ........Complaints from users are ‘interesting’ with the one that caught my eye as perhaps most amusing being that Avatar images are now circular rather than square.

Not once does he see that any of our complaints are valid . Although he does list suggested improvements from us .

Message 4 of 10
See Most Recent

Where was that said? I'd like to see all of what was said, can you post a link please?

Reading between the lines of what was said in italics, it's saying that he's brushing off any moans and groans with a "This is how it is, get used to it".

I mentioned the avatar pics had been changed and were now circles. Why was that amusing?

As IFMDT said "Well one thing certainly hasn't changed, and that's ebay's contemp for us . !"

It's life Jim, but not as WE know it.
Live long and prosper.

Message 5 of 10
See Most Recent

tamebay.com/2021/03/ebay-community-pages-update-for-better-mobile-faster-load-times.html

It has often been said that Tamebay is an unpaid PR outlet for ebay .

Message 6 of 10
See Most Recent

Oh, so that lot isn't actually words directly from ebay?

Most of that was a load of rubbish as regards discussion boards. It might be the bees-knees for short attention span users who only want to ask a question (that's probably been answered 50 times before?).

It's life Jim, but not as WE know it.
Live long and prosper.

Message 7 of 10
See Most Recent

"The boards are not only much more aesthetically pleasing, bright and welcoming, but also are technically better on the back end".

Probably a quote from who designed the new forum. 🙄

"Mr Dawson goes on to say ........Complaints from users are ‘interesting’ with the one that caught my eye as perhaps most amusing being that Avatar images are now circular rather than square".

Mr Dawson seems to be contemptuous and patronising.  😐

Message 8 of 10
See Most Recent

@*wild*rose wrote:

🙄

"Mr Dawson goes on to say ........Complaints from users are ‘interesting’ with the one that caught my eye as perhaps most amusing being that Avatar images are now circular rather than square".

Mr Dawson seems to be contemptuous and patronising.  😐

=========================================================

That is a condition caused by spending to much time in fine dining rooms with ebay managers .

I wonder what they thought about the drug dealer who was advertising his product on their nice new user friendy board yesterday .

Message 9 of 10
See Most Recent

😬

Message 10 of 10
See Most Recent