Weekly Chat with the eBay Community Team- 27.03.24 @2pm

Hi everybody!

The Community Chat will open at 2pm and will remain open until 3pm on Wednesday. After that it will be closed for further questions. Of course, we will continue to take care of answering any questions that may still be unanswered—We’ll get to everything as quickly as possible. 

Please ask your questions in the thread below. In order to be able to answer your questions as quickly as possible, we ask you to have one question per post. Of course, you can make as many posts as you like in the Chat- the more the merrier!

Our eBay Community Team is made up of dave@ebay and anita@ebay. Between us, we have knowledge in Buying, Selling, Fulfilment, Payments, and the Community itself. Anything we aren’t sure on we’ll know the people who will be! Please ask us any questions you may have and we’ll do all we can to support. 

To ask your question, click Reply in the lower-right corner of this post, type your question, and click Reply between 2pm and 3pm. The community team will answer each incoming question in chronological order, and will quote the original question in each answer. 

Please note that any reply without a question to the community team or discussion replies may be removed from the chat. We want to keep on track to get through as many questions as possible. We welcome all discussion to be moved to the discussion boards. 

If you missed the weekly chat time, please ask your question in the community boards and tag us or we will be back next week with another chat! 

Many thanks,

Your eBay Community Team

Available via Email for Community-related inquiries:
contactcommunity@ebay.comeBay
Message 1 of 35
See Most Recent
34 REPLIES 34

anita@ebay wrote:

@bravergrace wrote:

Is there any news on the "monthly listing" length changing to "30 days listing"?

I see that this issue was fixed for American sellers a fortnight since, but those of us on the UK site who listed stuff on the 1st of the month are facing being charged for everything twice this month (and presumably every 31-day month in the future).

Hi @bravergrace , thanks for your post.

There are no updates regarding this at the moment. We'll make sure the site is updated if any changes regarding the listing duration happen.

Thanks,

Anita

So what is going to happen when we're all charged extra fees on 31st? Are these going to be refunded or are we faced with ending hundreds of listings and leaving them delisted for the whole of Easter Sunday?

Message 21 of 35
See Most Recent

@zoe_btn wrote:

Hello

I received an email to say that I was in line for the top rated seller plus rating, but when my account was reviewed on the 20th it hasn't updated. As far as I'm aware I've met all the conditions so I'd be really grateful for your help to identify anything I've missed so that I can try to make it right this month.

Thanks

Zoe

Hi @zoe_btn 

I had a quick look at your listings and t looks like you're missing an express delivery option that delivers within 2 days and costs no more than £10. 

Ill have a more detailed look after the chat to confirm. 

Thanks,

Dave

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
eBay
Message 22 of 35
See Most Recent

Good afternoon,

EDD's being shown to buyers are causing more an more INR's.  You can clearly see in the snip below that the EDD sent to the buyer is way before my dsipatch date.  That cannot be right or 'working as expected'.

In addition it seems the eBay software has calculated that the item could be with a buyer on either a Bank Holiday or Sunday?  This cannot be the case.

Please can you state when this will be addressed?

Thankyou

Chris

crybuyer_0-1711550450858.png

Message 23 of 35
See Most Recent

Any chance we can have a not helpful or more importantly 'This is wrong' button, there are threads with hundreds of replies and some are telling to exact opposite of what it actually needed or required, if somebody is just reading through said thread they may see a response and do as recommended which will cause more issues, or believe what somebody has said, but then its picked up 2 pages on but unless they read the full thread (people dont have time) its not actually pointed out. Not for opinions but when its factually incorrect and it can cause issues.

Message 24 of 35
See Most Recent

@messier44000 wrote:

Just curious after the last BH fiasco are eBay aware that Good Friday and 

the following Monday are bank holidays and have already factored these dates into the EDDs.

Not asking for you own personal assumption on this. But can you see anything in black & white 

from eBay with confirmation. For example no ones EDD will include the 29th March as there will be 

no deliveries that day.

Hi @messier44000, thanks for your post.

Yes, we are aware of it, all official UK public holidays will be recognised by eBay as holidays for shipping and EDD calculations.

Thanks,

Anita

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
Message 25 of 35
See Most Recent

Hi Dave, this is a different issue to what Marco was looking at. 

That was regarding being able to set up immediate holiday times and delivery times not updating when I changed my dispatch time.

Message 26 of 35
See Most Recent

Hi Anita, that shows me the ones that have current offers sent, but Im not sure if there are any other lisings set up to send automatically, 

Message 27 of 35
See Most Recent

@catmancatfish wrote:

Hi, 

I cannot obtain any search results when using the eBay app. Is this a widespread problem and if so is there a fix as customers cannot search for products on the app. This is affecting sales  as you get a reply 

Oops something went wrong. 

I cannot even get my own records up when searching on the app. 
it works if I use the website but loads of buyers only use the mobile app. 

Also is there any update on the Facebook issue as no one has updated recently other than to say it's ongoing - surely this should be fixable. 

On a positive note would add that the eBay roadshow was very worth while attending

Terry

Hi @catmancatfish 

I'm not aware of an issue with search in the app, I checked open issues and there is nothing active. 

There's a few steps you can try with the app if you haven't already:

Clear the Apps Cache

1. Open your device's Settings app.
  2. Find Apps or Application manager (depending on your device, this may be different, possibly under "more" settings).
  3. On the list, tap the eBay app. 
  4. Find  Storage.
  5. Tap Clear cache.

Clear the Apps Data

2. Tap Apps or Application manager (depending on your device, this may be different).
  3. On the list, tap the eBay app.
  4. Find Storage.
  5. Tap Clear data.

Force Stop the App

2. Find Apps or Application manager (depending on your device, this may be different, possibly under "more" settings).
  3. Select the eBay app from the list.
  4. Tap Force Stop.

Check for App Updates

1. Open the Play Store app.
  2. At the top left, tap Menu .
  3. Tap My apps & games.
  4. Apps with available updates are labelled "Update."
  5. If an update is available, tap the eBay app and then Update.

Uninstall/Reinstall the App

1. Tap the Apps button
  2. Touch & hold the eBay app.
  3. Drag the app to Uninstall at the top of the screen.
  4. Open the Play Store app.
  5. Tap Menu , then go to My Apps and games and tap All.
  6. Tap the eBay app.
  7. Tap Install or Enable.

If youre still seeing the issue after trying the above create a post in the tech issues forum and Ill have it looked into.

Unfortunately there isn't an update on the facebook issue, its still ongoing. It is one I've been following with tech, I understand how important it is. As soon as I have something I'll post ab update. 

Im glad you enjoyed the Roadshow, Ill pass your feedback on to the Team. 

Thanks,

Dave

eBay
Message 28 of 35
See Most Recent

@iceblue_uk wrote:

Thanks but unfortunately that's not going to solve the issue. The customer is asking us for an invoice of the amount they paid, which includes shipping and tax. By law we cannot invocie them for money we have not received, so my question is... how does the buyer obtain an invoice for the amount they paid for shipping & import tax?

@iceblue_uk,

The buyer can still see the amount they paid in their order details including shipping and tax. 

Thanks,
Anita

Message 29 of 35
See Most Recent

Hello all,

Sorry I'm late. Do you know all of the roadshow locations this year,or where I can find them?

Message 30 of 35
See Most Recent

@bravergrace wrote:

Anita

I'm not sure if you've understood the issue. 

My post isn't suggesting a CHANGE to eBay's system.  The eBay listing duration has been one calendar month for years now.  This new 30-day malarkey doesn't appear to be a new policy - otherwise we'd have had the normal 30 days' notice, and they wouldn't have sorted it out on the eBay.com site.

I think it's a probably a mistake by your programmers.

@bravergrace there haven't been any change regarding this, so this shouldn't be happening.

However, if you have any exmplaes where listings have relisted after 30 days instead of calendar month, can you please create a new thread and tag us, so we can look into this for you.

Thanks,

Anita

Message 31 of 35
See Most Recent

@louisianna wrote:

Hi Anita, that shows me the ones that have current offers sent, but Im not sure if there are any other lisings set up to send automatically, 

Thanks for your reply, @louisianna,

If you click this link, it should show you the active listings with automated offers.

Thanks,

Anita

Message 32 of 35
See Most Recent

@cobwebcottage wrote:

Hello all,

Sorry I'm late. Do you know all of the roadshow locations this year,or where I can find them?

Hi @cobwebcottage, thanks for your post.

We don't have the dates yet, however you can register and see more information here.

Thanks,

Anita

Message 33 of 35
See Most Recent

@crybuyer wrote:

Good afternoon,

EDD's being shown to buyers are causing more an more INR's.  You can clearly see in the snip below that the EDD sent to the buyer is way before my dsipatch date.  That cannot be right or 'working as expected'.

In addition it seems the eBay software has calculated that the item could be with a buyer on either a Bank Holiday or Sunday?  This cannot be the case.

Please can you state when this will be addressed?

Thankyou

Chris

crybuyer_0-1711550450858.png

Hi @crybuyer 

It looks like its showing the 30th which isn't a Bank Holiday as the earliest delivery date, depending on the option you've chosen Saturdays can be included as a delivery day.  As you know the calculation looks at the account performance history so it can take this into consideration when working out the EDDs. This is why the earliest date can show as it does but the bank holidays are included in the latest estimates. 

Thanks,

Dave

eBay
Message 34 of 35
See Most Recent

@pg_kicks wrote:

Any chance we can have a not helpful or more importantly 'This is wrong' button, there are threads with hundreds of replies and some are telling to exact opposite of what it actually needed or required, if somebody is just reading through said thread they may see a response and do as recommended which will cause more issues, or believe what somebody has said, but then its picked up 2 pages on but unless they read the full thread (people dont have time) its not actually pointed out. Not for opinions but when its factually incorrect and it can cause issues.

Hi @pg_kicks 

Thanks for the suggestion. We looked into something similar to this a while back and decided not to go with it. We found it could lead to a negative environment or even arguments when posters didn't agree with the  unhelpful. 

We have the option for the OP to mark a reply as a solution which should help others when looking for an answer which should help when looking for an answer in a thread.

Thanks,

Dave

eBay
Message 35 of 35
See Most Recent
About this Weekly Chat!

Welcome to the Weekly Chat with the eBay Community Team! Unless otherwise noted, chats occur every Wednesday from 2pm to 3pm.

Our Community Team will be in the Chats to help with the questions.

If you have multiple questions please open a post per question so we can get back to them individually. If it's something we can't answer right away we will get back to you after the chat has finished.