Weekly Chat with the eBay Community Team- 18.10.23 @2pm

Hi everybody!

The Community Chat will open at 2pm and will remain open until 3pm on Wednesday. After that it will be closed for further questions. Of course, we will continue to take care of answering any questions that may still be unanswered—We’ll get to everything as quickly as possible. 

Please ask your questions in the thread below. In order to be able to answer your questions as quickly as possible, we ask you to have one question per post. Of course, you can make as many posts as you like in the Chat- the more the merrier!

Our eBay Community Team is made up of marco@ebay, katie@ebay and anita@ebay. Between us, we have knowledge in Buying, Selling, Fulfilment, Payments, and the Community itself. Anything we aren’t sure on we’ll know the people who will be! Please ask us any questions you may have and we’ll do all we can to support. 

To ask your question, click Reply in the lower-right corner of this post, type your question, and click Reply between 2pm and 3pm. The community team will answer each incoming question in chronological order, and will quote the original question in each answer. 

Please note that any reply without a question to the community team or discussion replies may be removed from the chat. We want to keep on track to get through as many questions as possible. We welcome all discussion to be moved to the discussion boards. 

If you missed the weekly chat time, please ask your question in the community boards and tag us or we will be back next week with another chat! 

Many thanks,

Your eBay Community Team

Available via Email for Community-related inquiries:
contactcommunity@ebay.comeBay
Message 1 of 56
See Most Recent
55 REPLIES 55

Good afternoon,

Can you advise what has happened to sending things via Global shipping.  I use to sell alot of items overseas to USA, Germany, Norway etc, and now my sales are dead to those places.  I had a customer last week wanting to buy something from Norway, but it stated they could not.  I checked and I had enable the send via global shipping, but he still could not.

I spoke to ebay and they claim that changes have been made by the new Global shipping company and they are more restrictive on what items to send. They also confirm the item was on to enable global shipping.

Is that correct? 

Thanks 

Message 2 of 56
See Most Recent

My Purchase history for all purchases shows items that have been delivered but are still being recorded as despatched etc this from 2021. How can I delete these items to tidy up my purchase history?

Nigel

Message 3 of 56
See Most Recent

Hi I ordered as a guest. Order no.10-10646-22519. I have not received an email so cannot track my order. I have went through all the motions of the advice when ordering as a guest and it is just taking me round in circles. Please help

Message 4 of 56
See Most Recent

@lincolnshiremarine wrote:

Good afternoon,

Can you advise what has happened to sending things via Global shipping.  I use to sell alot of items overseas to USA, Germany, Norway etc, and now my sales are dead to those places.  I had a customer last week wanting to buy something from Norway, but it stated they could not.  I checked and I had enable the send via global shipping, but he still could not.

I spoke to ebay and they claim that changes have been made by the new Global shipping company and they are more restrictive on what items to send. They also confirm the item was on to enable global shipping.

Is that correct? 

Thanks 

Hi lincolnshiremarine, thanks for your post.

Norway is definitely listed within the eligible countries, if you click here you can see all eligible countries. If that item wasn't eligible it probably was due to the item exceeding the package size and/or weight limits imposed by our program.

Thank you,

Marco.

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
eBay
Message 5 of 56
See Most Recent

What is an epid?

Cheers

Russ

We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.
- Albert Einstein
Message 6 of 56
See Most Recent

@angied19753 wrote:

Hi I ordered as a guest. Order no.10-10646-22519. I have not received an email so cannot track my order. I have went through all the motions of the advice when ordering as a guest and it is just taking me round in circles. Please help

Hi angied19753, thanks for your post.

We've just re-send this to you, you should receive this shortly. Please allow enough time for it to arrive, and if you don't receive it, let us know.

Thank you,

Marco

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
eBay
Message 7 of 56
See Most Recent

About 2 weeks ago, I asked for the contact details of your VAT department in the weekly chat.

I instead got a link to the generic "help your self" contact us page.

Can I have the contact information for your VAT department please.

Thanks 

Russ

We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.
- Albert Einstein
Message 8 of 56
See Most Recent

marco@ebay In response your message re my delivery times working as they are supposed to - please can you help me to understand the point of having cut off times if the delivery time does not change when this time has passed. I just dont understand the point of having them.

Thank you.

Message 9 of 56
See Most Recent

Are eBay planning on joining in with Black Friday this year?

Cheers

Russ

- Albert Einstein
Message 10 of 56
See Most Recent

Hi marco@ebay

It was a small plastic part they wanted to buy for an outboard engine (Marine trade) I double checked this on was global shipping. 

The ebay advisor told me via on line chat, the new company is getting more restrictive sending items overseas.  I find it very strange that I am getting customers message me about items they cannot buy via Global shipping when they use to.  

Please confirm if the shipping company has changed the policy.

Is it the description listing they are under now, since you changed them, that is the issue?

Thanks 

Message 11 of 56
See Most Recent

@gutt048 wrote:

My Purchase history for all purchases shows items that have been delivered but are still being recorded as despatched etc this from 2021. How can I delete these items to tidy up my purchase history?

Nigel

Hi @gutt048, thanks for your post. 

Can you clarify if these orders were showing as delivered before and have only recently come up in the purchase history?

Thanks,

Anita

Message 12 of 56
See Most Recent

The link thats been sent to my email address does not work.

AD

Message 13 of 56
See Most Recent

@ducatimondo wrote:

What is an epid?

Cheers

Russ

Hi ducatimondo, thanks for your post.

That would be a product ID number, esentially speaking. It means eBay product ID.

Thank you,

Marco

eBay
Message 14 of 56
See Most Recent

Good afternoon.

I've asked the question here https://community.ebay.co.uk/t5/Business-Seller-Board/eBay-Search/m-p/7496734#M301958 and got a reply from Anita, thank you.  However this reply unfortunately is not accurate, or in theory may be accurate but the evidence is telling a different story.

So again may I ask is the search function as it is (or has been recently) working as designed or is it broken and glitchy? 

The main reason I ask as if it's the former, i.e. working as eBay want it to then it's pointless trying to grow a business on eBay or even have one as the above thread proves time after time eBay are currently hiding up to 96% of possible listings for search queries.  A lot of this is down to the lowest price cut off appearing to be at the £40 mark.  So if you are selling items less than £40 you are at a huge disadvantage.  Like I said many detailed experiments have been conducted and the conclusive proof is clear - eBay are hiding massive amounts of PAID FOR listings.

So please for the sake of mine and many other's mental health, wellbeing and businesses can we have a truthful answer because me for one am rather exhausted banging my head against the eBay wall trying to find out why my business is failing again.  Like I've said, I've watched all the videos, done all the hoop jumping and done it all again.  It does not work.  My sales are dropping week on week and now next to nothing.  These are NOT market forces at play here, this is eBay doing 'something' to stop my listings being seen or caps placed on my account.  Like I said I respect the sentiment but the evidence totally contradicts it.  

Many thanks.

Message 15 of 56
See Most Recent

Hi,

Im sorry to bring this up again and again along with a large number of sellers but the estimated delivery dates on orders are highly innaccurate and give buyers false promises. You keep saying that the EDD dynamic system is working but it is not working at all, you also say it is working as designed if this is the case the design is flawed and giving sellers a bad reputation.

A recent expample of this is an order that was placed on my store at 19:27hrs on the 12th October (thursday) the purchase was for some personalised ribbon and i have this set to a 2 working day dispatch time (not a 1-2 working day but 2 working days as per the drop down box you allow)

So this meant this order was to be dispatched on the 16th October, this is showing as correct on this order. However the estimated deliery dates you have shown to the buyer is 16th - 19th October, How on earth is this possible to show the 1st delivery date as the same day dispatch. The postage is set to 2nd class which Royal Mail say is a 2-3 working day service so the 16th and 17th should not have been included. ( please see screenshot provided)

You have basically told the buyer they could get the ribbon the same day as dispatched now this would only be possible using a same day courier something which you do not even offer on a drop down box for postage service.

Now please stop denying that the EDD system is broke and just admit you messed up and fix it, you will get alot more people coming back to selling and buying if realistic dates are given.

Message 16 of 56
See Most Recent

marco@ebay wrote:

@ducatimondo wrote:

What is an epid?

Cheers

Russ

Hi ducatimondo, thanks for your post.

That would be a product ID number, esentially speaking. It means eBay product ID.

Thank you,

Marco

Welcome back Marco,

Thank you for your reply.

Is that like a product identifier then, so if 2 items have the same epid, then eBay consider them to be the same item?

Thanks

Russ

- Albert Einstein
Message 17 of 56
See Most Recent

@ducatimondo wrote:

Are eBay planning on joining in with Black Friday this year?

Cheers

Russ

Hi Russ,

Over that weekend, from Black Friday to Cyber Monday there will be offers across the site. 

I don't have the specifics and there will be a wide range for both buyers and sellers.

The best thing to do here is to ensure your communication preferences are set up to allow emails of this kind.

Thanks,

Katie 

eBay
Message 18 of 56
See Most Recent

I have managed to get it to work on another server.

Thank you

Message 19 of 56
See Most Recent

@louisianna wrote:

marco@ebay In response your message re my delivery times working as they are supposed to - please can you help me to understand the point of having cut off times if the delivery time does not change when this time has passed. I just dont understand the point of having them.

Thank you.

Hi louisianna, thanks for your post.

We've addressed this for you at different times, at this time I wouldn't have a reply that'd be different. For further information, you can click here to see how EDD's/cut off times are calculated.

Thank you,

Marco

eBay
Message 20 of 56
See Most Recent
About this Weekly Chat!

Welcome to the Weekly Chat with the eBay Community Team! Unless otherwise noted, chats occur every Wednesday from 2pm to 3pm.

Our Community Team will be in the Chats to help with the questions.

If you have multiple questions please open a post per question so we can get back to them individually. If it's something we can't answer right away we will get back to you after the chat has finished.