đź’¬Weekly Chat with the eBay Community Team- 12.10.22 @2pm

Hi everybody!

The Community Chat will open at 2pm and will remain open until 3pm on Wednesday. After that it will be closed for further questions. Of course, we will continue to take care of answering any questions that may still be unanswered—We’ll get to everything as quickly as possible. 

Please ask your questions in the thread below. In order to be able to answer your questions as quickly as possible, we ask you to have one question per post. Of course, you can make as many posts as you like in the Chat- the more the merrier!

Our eBay Community Team is made up of kat@ebay , dave@ebay  and katie@ebay . Between us, we have knowledge in Buying, Selling, ProTrader, Fulfilment, Parts & Accessories, Payments, and the Community itself. Anything we aren’t sure on we’ll know the people who will be! Please ask us any questions you may have and we’ll do all we can to support. 

To ask your question, click Reply in the lower-right corner of this post, type your question, and click Reply between 2pm and 3pm. The community team will answer each incoming question in chronological order, and will quote the original question in each answer. Please refrain from opening discussions here, any posts without questions may be removed.

If you missed the weekly chat time, please ask your question in the community boards and tag us or we will be back next week with another chat! 

Many thanks,

Your eBay Community Team

Available via Email for Community-related inquiries:
contactcommunity@ebay.comeBay
Message 1 of 28
See Most Recent
27 REPLIES 27

@oakley_home_and_gifts wrote:

I get ebay can't share the outcome of an investigation. But if sellers like myself and many others are reporting private sellers over and over again for accounts which clearly trade as a business. Which is in breach of ebay's own terms and conditions as well as distance selling regulations. Why is ebay not doing more to either remove these accounts or make them registers as a business acount and supply the correct information for buyers. 

The outcome can be seen quite clearly on the account that they are still trading as a private account with no return policy and no business information which is required for any business trading online. Some of these have been doing it for years and continue to get away with it. 

Hi @oakley_home_and_gifts ,

I have mentioned in my last reply on this to kempseykate that we will link in on our side with the risk teams to follow up on processes that are in place and share the feedback from these boards with them.

Thank you,

Kat

I am currently away on maternity leave. Please reach out to the community team for support
Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.

eBay
Message 21 of 28
See Most Recent

Good afternoon everyone, this is my first time posting in the weekly chat with eBay

I am seeing a lot or problems with the search not work correctly and the predicitive search tries to prefill something pointless.

When you search for "Ducati" it auto fills "Ducati Monster" and then shows you only 60 results, due to eBay streamlining results for you...

When you work around it, there are actually 570,000+ results for what I actually want to search for, with no interference.

Was wondering why it has been so quiet the last few weeks, a search that is totally broken and not fit for use doesn't help sellers much does it?
I have tried calling eBay CS, well having them call me as you don't let us call you. They are zero use, always tell you this is the first time they have heard on an issue, no one else has mentioned it. Then they just want to to you that we need to edit our listings, add more item specifics, lower our prices, do sponsored listings, etc to get more sales.
If they do not show in search results and the vehicle comptibility tool does not work properly either, added to the staggering amount of sellers that list bonkers amount of duplicate items in our categories (that eBay do nothing about for 5 years of asking), then maybe it is no wonder sales are dire...

We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.
- Albert Einstein
Message 22 of 28
See Most Recent

@wifi wrote:

Good afternoon boys and girlsi hope you all are well.

My question is, if I enrolled in global shipping programme and I got overseas sales, do I still receive postage fee say ÂŁ3  that normally charge to UK address?  And when involved overseas returns request do I have to pay for the international returns postage ? 

Thank you.

Hi @wifi,

Thank you for your question. 

If you have domestic postage listed on your item you will still receive this and it can be used to send the parcel to the UK based GSP hub.

In regard to returns, if a return is opened that was a GSP sale and is overseas the seller would be responsible for the cost of the return postage if it is not as described case.

You can see more on selling with GSP here

Many thanks,

Katie 

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
eBay
Message 23 of 28
See Most Recent

Had problems with Business Policies for months

When the new 'Policies' were introduced I had hundreds system created. Cleaned up created new policies.

I constantly weekly/daily get new policies created and listing moved to these system created policies, as many as 1400 listing moved from my created policies to system created policies, some days just one listing.  

My concern is that when editing I am told these listing have invalid policies? with red warning triangles. Are these 'invalid' listing excluded in the algorythm?

Have raised with CS no communication back

Message 24 of 28
See Most Recent

What is the idea of the topic pin badges in the community forum chat room ?

Message 25 of 28
See Most Recent

@williabaxte7 wrote:

What is the idea of the topic pin badges in the community forum chat room ?

Hi @williabaxte7,

We have badges on the community to reward and encourage members to get involved and interact on the community. The topic badge is rewarded when you start a thread/topic on the boards and get a conversation going.  On your profile you can view badges that are yet to be earned. If you click on them, it will show you a description of what they are for.

Over the next few weeks we will be adding other badges to join our existing badges like anniversary badges.

Thanks,

Katie 

eBay
Message 26 of 28
See Most Recent

@fatbobfan wrote:

Had problems with Business Policies for months

When the new 'Policies' were introduced I had hundreds system created. Cleaned up created new policies.

I constantly weekly/daily get new policies created and listing moved to these system created policies, as many as 1400 listing moved from my created policies to system created policies, some days just one listing.  

My concern is that when editing I am told these listing have invalid policies? with red warning triangles. Are these 'invalid' listing excluded in the algorythm?

Have raised with CS no communication back

Hi @fatbobfan,

Sorry to hear you're having issues there. Was going to take a look but don't see any business policies on the account you are writing from here.

The red error sign should be clickable so you can get more information on this. I've seen this in the past when it may be not complete, has a return policy issue etc.

The chat will be ending but if you have an account you want us to check please reach out and let us know.

Thanks,

Katie 

eBay
Message 27 of 28
See Most Recent

@ducatimondo wrote:

Good afternoon everyone, this is my first time posting in the weekly chat with eBay

I am seeing a lot or problems with the search not work correctly and the predicitive search tries to prefill something pointless.

When you search for "Ducati" it auto fills "Ducati Monster" and then shows you only 60 results, due to eBay streamlining results for you...

When you work around it, there are actually 570,000+ results for what I actually want to search for, with no interference.

Was wondering why it has been so quiet the last few weeks, a search that is totally broken and not fit for use doesn't help sellers much does it?
I have tried calling eBay CS, well having them call me as you don't let us call you. They are zero use, always tell you this is the first time they have heard on an issue, no one else has mentioned it. Then they just want to to you that we need to edit our listings, add more item specifics, lower our prices, do sponsored listings, etc to get more sales.
If they do not show in search results and the vehicle comptibility tool does not work properly either, added to the staggering amount of sellers that list bonkers amount of duplicate items in our categories (that eBay do nothing about for 5 years of asking), then maybe it is no wonder sales are dire...

Hi @ducatimondo ,

Doing a search for " ducati" on my side it does give one of the options to alter it to ducati monster but I can just leave it as ducati and it gives me 1600 listings.

katebay_0-1665583545960.png

With regards to issues with the compatibility tool I'll have that looked into as we haven't had reports on this here and I will share the feedback for the search results.

Thank you,

Kat

I am currently away on maternity leave. Please reach out to the community team for support

eBay
Message 28 of 28
See Most Recent
About this Weekly Chat!

Welcome to the Weekly Chat with the eBay Community Team! Unless otherwise noted, chats occur every Wednesday from 2pm to 3pm.

Our Community Team will be in the Chats to help with the questions.

If you have multiple questions please open a post per question so we can get back to them individually. If it's something we can't answer right away we will get back to you after the chat has finished.