💬 Weekly Chat with the eBay Community Team- 06.09.23 @2pm

Hi everybody!

The Community Chat will open at 2pm and will remain open until 3pm on Wednesday. After that it will be closed for further questions. Of course, we will continue to take care of answering any questions that may still be unanswered—We’ll get to everything as quickly as possible. 

Please ask your questions in the thread below. In order to be able to answer your questions as quickly as possible, we ask you to have one question per post. Of course, you can make as many posts as you like in the Chat- the more the merrier!

Our eBay Community Team is made up of marco@ebay , dave@ebay , and katie@ebay . Between us, we have knowledge in Buying, Selling, ProTrader, Fulfilment, Parts & Accessories, Payments, and the Community itself. Anything we aren’t sure on we’ll know the people who will be! Please ask us any questions you may have and we’ll do all we can to support. 

To ask your question, click Reply in the lower-right corner of this post, type your question, and click Reply between 2pm and 3pm. The community team will answer each incoming question in chronological order, and will quote the original question in each answer. 

Please note that any reply without a question to the community team or discussion replies may be removed from the chat. We want to keep on track to get through as many questions as possible. We welcome all discussion to be moved to the discussion boards. 

If you missed the weekly chat time, please ask your question in the community boards and tag us or we will be back next week with another chat! 

Many thanks,

Your eBay Community Team

Available via Email for Community-related inquiries:
contactcommunity@ebay.comeBay
Message 1 of 54
See Most Recent
53 REPLIES 53

hi good afternoon can I ask you?

Message 2 of 54
See Most Recent

Hi can ebay explain how a large number of ebayers have not received the fvf promos some get every fortnight without fail? Since February a large number of accounts have experienced this and CS has an assortment of excuses.

Message 3 of 54
See Most Recent

@jolly.exprees99 wrote:

hi good afternoon can I ask you?

Hi there, thanks for your post.

Yes of course, go ahead.

Thank you,

Marco

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
eBay
Message 4 of 54
See Most Recent

hi good afternon
i sending all proof 
all decoument submited 
my payout on hold 
now my account  permanently restricted

Message 5 of 54
See Most Recent

Dave@ebay and Katie@ebay

Please tell me what to do ? I have a 99% drop in sales again this month. 

I ask for help, and only rarely get automated responses that are useless, not relavent at all.

I have seen my impressions drop from 4 million a month to 30 thousand !! so no wonder I have "no sales" down from £2k a month to £35.

WHY are my items not visible, and not selling ? only thing I am not doing is the pay-per-click promotion, as there is no way I'm wasting £1 a day on a £7 item, only to find it doesn;t sell after a month.

Please Please Please don;t fob me off, I have bee using ebay for 21 years, know it well, know the marketplace ( indeed have been using alternative outlets, this summer, always outperformed ebay with same stock, so...it;s NOT the stock, NOT the economy, it is  one thing. ebay. 

so please tell me what to do to get my ebay sales "turned on"

Message 6 of 54
See Most Recent

Here is the proof that you ve asked for.
Firstly is the Invoice of the items that I ve bought that I then am selling through my Jollyexpress Ebay account.

And secondly I ve attached my UK Provisional Drivers licence that s got my Name and Address on it.
please i want open my account jolly.exprees99
thank you so much

Message 7 of 54
See Most Recent

Some time ago on the weekly chat I suggested having a tick box for craft patterns (knitting/crochet) to show if it was original or a photocopy.

I was told the usual - no plans currently, pass it back to team for future review - but it was suggested that I could add my own item specific (not very helpful if I'm a buyer, rather than a seller!).

Out of interest I ran a search for 'original knitting patterns' the other day ... and found a load of photocopies in the return, simply because some sellers are using the IS to put 'This is a copy of my original pattern'.

How is this allowed? If it's a copy, it's a copy, using the word 'original' is keyword spamming (no point reporting, because there is no option to say what the spamming is).

Can I list a replica football shirt, as long as I put 'This is a copy of my original shirt' in the IS?
Or a bootleg DVD/CD? Or work of art?

Message 8 of 54
See Most Recent

@jolly.exprees99 wrote:

hi good afternon
i sending all proof 
all decoument submited 
my payout on hold 
now my account  permanently restricted

Thanks for your question, jolly.exprees99.

We wouldn't be able to review restrictions over this channel, you can conctat our customer service team, so they can review that for you, and assist you further. 

Thank you,

Marco

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
eBay
Message 9 of 54
See Most Recent

Also as many ebayers only list when a fvf offer due to low value items they are storing listings in unsold or drafts. After waiting 6 months for an offer there is a risk listings can be deleted by ebay. Sometimes people can misacalculate and fall foul of the 90 day inactive listings and have them deleted. Is it not possible to store deleted listings for just a few days so accidental deletion can be retrieved? I lost 200 listings and a day later no chance of retrieval so those will no longer get listed on ebay in 'hope' of some fvf offer.

Message 10 of 54
See Most Recent

Hi, I usually buy my postage through EBay, Tracked48 parcels and drop at post office, this morning I noticed you had changed the prices to £3.29 for collection and drop off, however if buying through Royal Mail they charge £3.45 for drop off, can you confirm the new price displayed for drop off is correct? And that this service can still be dropped off at post office? 
many thanks 

Nicola 

Message 11 of 54
See Most Recent

Hi 🙂

Royal Mail allow 10 business days for delivery, they will not consider an item as lost until the 10 days is up - so if an item doesn't arrive within the 2 days being estimated by eBay, its still within Royal Mails delivery estimate; their 'delivery aim' might be 1 / 2 business days, depending on the service used but its 10 business days for delivery by Royal Mails timescales.

It states the following in eBays Feedback Removal Policy:

What are the guidelines?

Automatically removed

We automatically remove defects, adjust your late delivery rate, and remove Feedback when:

• The delivery estimate shown in the listing was shortened and tracking shows the item was delivered by the carrier's longest delivery estimate

Does this mean that negative / neutral feedback will be removed if the item arrives within 10 business days of being posted, if the buyer leaves negative / neutral feedback stating the item hasn't arrived by eBays estimated delivery date?

Message 12 of 54
See Most Recent

Hi,

I have to raise this again and again along with other users but the estimated delvery dates shown to buyers are unrealistic and leading to confrontation and me losing money.

Why are you showing a 2nd class item arriving on the same day as a 1st class item and also the same as a special delivery item? 

Royal mail advise 2nd class is a 2-3 working day service but you are showing 1-2 working day this is the same esimated delivery date as both 1st class and special delivery.

It is extremely unrealistic to advise buyers that a 2nd class item will arrive the next day not even Royal Mail themselves advise this so why do eBay feel the need to lie to buyers?

Do not fob me off again with this dynamic delivery rubbish as it is not a true reflection of the post, how can eBay say how another organisation is working and going to work in the next 3-4 days?

Please just put realistic delivery dates on items it makes it fairer for both the buyer and seller

Message 13 of 54
See Most Recent

@sumnites wrote:

Hi can ebay explain how a large number of ebayers have not received the fvf promos some get every fortnight without fail? Since February a large number of accounts have experienced this and CS has an assortment of excuses.

Hi @sumnites 

The fvf promos are usually automated. When a promo is set up the account requirements are entered by the team responsible for the promotion. The system will then find any accounts that are eligible and mail them. 

Unfortunately there isn't a definitive answer I can give because it depends on the requirements set out by the promotions team. 

Thanks,

Dave.

eBay
Message 14 of 54
See Most Recent

@eco-green-chicken wrote:

Dave@ebay and Katie@ebay

Please tell me what to do ? I have a 99% drop in sales again this month. 

I ask for help, and only rarely get automated responses that are useless, not relavent at all.

I have seen my impressions drop from 4 million a month to 30 thousand !! so no wonder I have "no sales" down from £2k a month to £35.

WHY are my items not visible, and not selling ? only thing I am not doing is the pay-per-click promotion, as there is no way I'm wasting £1 a day on a £7 item, only to find it doesn;t sell after a month.

Please Please Please don;t fob me off, I have bee using ebay for 21 years, know it well, know the marketplace ( indeed have been using alternative outlets, this summer, always outperformed ebay with same stock, so...it;s NOT the stock, NOT the economy, it is  one thing. ebay. 

so please tell me what to do to get my ebay sales "turned on"

Hello eco-green-chicken, thanks for your post.

In this scenario I would suggest contacting our customer service team, so they can review your account in full. While we would love to help, we wouldn't be able to review your account over this channel. However, they will be able to review that for you to see if there is anything wrong, if there is nothing wrong with your account, they can also suggest what would be the best thing do from there.

Thank you,

Marco

eBay
Message 15 of 54
See Most Recent

Good Afternoon 

ebay says it's committed to small business sellers, and that would be appreciated if it was more visible. 
The phrase on private sellers listings stating consumer rights is all very well. How about telling buyers who they are buying from ?
Other marketplaces promote their small business sellers with logos and the like. The 'registered as a business seller' is quite insignificant, although I understand a legality. 
I don't expect you guys to have the answer to this, I just like to ask for a more positive approach to advertising your small business sellers.

Thanks in advance.

Jo

Message 16 of 54
See Most Recent

@ dave@ebay  ok, how do us sellers qualify for the promotions then ? equality has to be deomnstrated to be trusted...

Message 17 of 54
See Most Recent

Hello,

I submitted applications to sell in new categories for both of my accounts, 'sweetmeme' and 'camelmocha,' over a month ago, but I haven't received any updates.

Can you assist please? Thanks!

Message 18 of 54
See Most Recent

@nicme_9294 wrote:

Hi, I usually buy my postage through EBay, Tracked48 parcels and drop at post office, this morning I noticed you had changed the prices to £3.29 for collection and drop off, however if buying through Royal Mail they charge £3.45 for drop off, can you confirm the new price displayed for drop off is correct? And that this service can still be dropped off at post office? 
many thanks 

Nicola 

Hi nicme_9294, thanks for you post.

For some of the services, Royal Mail would offer a discount when buying through eBay, so that would be the difference you see there.

Thank you,

Marco

eBay
Message 19 of 54
See Most Recent

@sumnites wrote:

Also as many ebayers only list when a fvf offer due to low value items they are storing listings in unsold or drafts. After waiting 6 months for an offer there is a risk listings can be deleted by ebay. Sometimes people can misacalculate and fall foul of the 90 day inactive listings and have them deleted. Is it not possible to store deleted listings for just a few days so accidental deletion can be retrieved? I lost 200 listings and a day later no chance of retrieval so those will no longer get listed on ebay in 'hope' of some fvf offer.

Hi @sumnites,

If a listing has ended or has been ended by the system it will move to your Listings > Ended section in your seller hub. They will remain here for up to 30 days in case you would like to list.

Thanks,

Katie 

eBay
Message 20 of 54
See Most Recent
About this Weekly Chat!

Welcome to the Weekly Chat with the eBay Community Team! Unless otherwise noted, chats occur every Wednesday from 2pm to 3pm.

Our Community Team will be in the Chats to help with the questions.

If you have multiple questions please open a post per question so we can get back to them individually. If it's something we can't answer right away we will get back to you after the chat has finished.