Private Seller Returns

So my daughter bought a Samsung Galaxy S10 from a private seller. It was posted as in excellent condition and unlocked to all networks. It came. Was locked to EE. Informed seller who said it was definitely unlocked. Anyway, sent a screenshot from EE website saying the IMEI is locked to EE. It was free to unlock. Now the screen is flickering when touched intermittently. Externally the phone is perfect. Seller accepted the return today but I'm worried she won't refund. Is there any way of sending video to Ebay customer service please? 

Message 1 of 7
See Most Recent
6 REPLIES 6

Private Seller Returns

Before you go any further read this:

https://pages.ebay.co.uk/ebay-money-back-guarantee/

Follow the instructions carefully. You need to open an item not as described, if the phone is faulty. (this is assuming you are still within the 30 days) The seller provides label. You return the phone using said label and then after three days the seller has to refund you in full. You don't need to keep communicating with the seller, and ebay wont be interested in videos. They haven't seen the item so wont care. 

What is important is you follow the procedures which protect you as a buyer.

My business was a finalist in the ebay business awards 2023.
Message 2 of 7
See Most Recent

Private Seller Returns

Thank you. I think private sellers are different to business sellers though. I am within 2 weeks of receiving it. It was only unlocked and tried out yesterday. I was don't want to be accused of doing the damage. A phone repair shop said the panel inside is mostly damaged which can't be seen externally. 

Message 3 of 7
See Most Recent

Private Seller Returns

You obviously have not read the link i sent you.

PRIVATE AND BUSINESS sellers must accept items in not as described cases which yours is. A private seller must accept NAD cases. There is no choice in the matter, so if the seller is saying they don't accept returns they are being less than truthful.

A private seller can decline change of mind cases, that is all.

My business was a finalist in the ebay business awards 2023.
Message 4 of 7
See Most Recent

Private Seller Returns

When it comes to returns where the item is not working, the rules are the same for Business and Private sellers. 

Just open a case for Item Not As Described and don't waste time trying to contact Ebay or the seller. 

Message 5 of 7
See Most Recent

Private Seller Returns

Thanks for the advice. I will read it for sure! 

Message 6 of 7
See Most Recent

Private Seller Returns

If you have unlocked the phone and opened up the phone, you have altered it and you cannot return it in the condition it was sent in

This is grounds for removal of any Buyer Protection you had

If the seller knows his stuff he can refuse to refund as you have altered the phone 

Message 7 of 7
See Most Recent
Got buying related questions? Start here: