How to see feedback for a specific item?

Before buying an item from a seller, I wish to see what others have said about that particular product.  Is this possible without manually reading through hundreds of entries for everything else they sell?  I can do this on pretty much every other site for selling things, but I cannot find it on Ebay.  I want to know the quality of the product, not the seller.

Spelling errors above are the fault of the forum since it deliberately disables my browser's spellcheck. No I will not bother remembering to use their own superfluous spellchecker.
Message 1 of 9
See Most Recent
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I recently noticed that was a default on some items already and when I brought it up was told it had been that way for a while now.

So when you see an item with several sales you press the feedback button then the "see all feedback" and it should show you all the feedback for that item.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 9
See Most Recent
8 REPLIES 8

I recently noticed that was a default on some items already and when I brought it up was told it had been that way for a while now.

So when you see an item with several sales you press the feedback button then the "see all feedback" and it should show you all the feedback for that item.

Message 2 of 9
See Most Recent

Some items have product reviews a bit like Amazon.

For an item to be reviewable the seller has to add specifics like mpn or ean number plus the item has to be on what eBay call their "product catalogue".

If they have reviews it will say at the top of the listing when using a browser.

Here's eBay's page about it.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/selling/listings/product-reviews?id=5186 

Message 3 of 9
See Most Recent

Ahh!  If you click the username to get feedback, like I was doing, you get feedback for that user.  But if you click the feedback score next to his username, it concentrates on that item.  I wasn't aware those two links did anything different.

Not sure what you meant by "the feedback button".

Spelling errors above are the fault of the forum since it deliberately disables my browser's spellcheck. No I will not bother remembering to use their own superfluous spellchecker.
Message 4 of 9
See Most Recent

Yes the feedback score next to the user name. Or just go straight to the bottom of the page and "see all feedback" there. Every link is a button to me.

A few weeks back like you I wanted to see the feedback just for a particular item and was expecting to use the browser search to find them. It was a pleasant surprise to find this.

But I guess eBay had to do something as they killed the sold link next to the quantity box. That was handy to see how prices may have varied and I'm sure there was a feedback link there as well.

eBay really could do with an up to date help manual.

Message 5 of 9
See Most Recent

Link:

toomanyparrots4_0-1689442281134.png

Button:

toomanyparrots4_1-1689442295553.png

Not the same thing.

Why did they remove the sold link?  (Hey you called that a link!)  Maybe sellers didn't like you seeing it had changed in price, not sure why they'd care.  A buyer buys what's cheapest right now.

They'd need to employ several more staff to rewrite the manual every 5 minutes when they pointlessly change things.

Message 6 of 9
See Most Recent

Except that it literally doesn't and this isn't true in the slightest. It shows feedback for ALL the items in their store, and this lack of a simple review feature is the reason that barely anyone uses Ebay these days.

Message 7 of 9
See Most Recent

"barely anyone uses Ebay these days" - ROTFPMSL!

Ebay, Amazon (more expensive), AliExpress (from China, takes ages to get here), busiest places on the internet.

Some idiot of an admin will be along in a minute to delete this post because I mentioned a competitor.  Or because I called them an idiot.

Message 8 of 9
See Most Recent

@dnominic you're right, it doesn't any more. Those posts were from July when it did. To find feedback for a particular item you just search it by either item number or title (or part of title) in the search box that's on every user's feedback page directly above the feedback comments. It's labelled "Search Feedback received as seller with an item title or ID".

Message 9 of 9
See Most Recent
Got buying related questions? Start here: