How long shall I wait for seller to send the iem?

Hey, recently I won an action on  8th Feb at 8pm. I paid immidiately and waited until the 11th to ask if it'd been sent out yet as it was still marked as paid. No response. I paid for 48 hours shipping too which was a bummer.

I gave the seller the benefit of the doubt but on the 14th I opened up a request with ebay to ask the seller to send it. 

I've messaged the seller since this asking about when it's gonna be posted or for tracking numbers but STILL haven't got any reply whatsoever. The request hasn't even been resolved.

I left a negative review stating that the seller has had 0 communication and has not sent out the item, noting that I'd change the review upon further info being given to me.

It is now the 16th, am I being too sensitive or am I right to be worried about the item's arrival? What shall I do next?

Message 1 of 9
See Most Recent
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi these are my thoughts.

On your order details you will always have an estimated delivery date which is set by Ebay and often rather optimistic.  

Ebay cannot force a seller to send an item.    All you can do is what I think you already have done.....if the estimated delivery date has passed open a not received case and escalate it a few days later for Ebay to step in with a refund. Use Ebays Money Back Guarantee.

Saying the above your seller appears to be a new one.   In these circumstances they will have their payment held for 2 or 3 weeks before its released to them.    Some new sellers do not realise that they cannot make their buyer wait the 2 or 3 weeks  for their money to be released before they post the item.    This may be why they have not posted the item to you 😞

So far as your feedback is concerned.     There are rules when leaving feedback.   You are not supposed to say you had to get Ebay involved or mention a refund.  You should also not make removal of negative feedback conditional.    The seller MAY be able to get it removed.

Yes i understand its very frustrating for you but i fear you have a new seller who is not aware that they should post the item BEFORE they get paid by Ebay for it 😞     As i said above Ebay cannot force a seller to ship an item to you......only refund you.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 9
See Most Recent
8 REPLIES 8

On the case details, it will give you a date when you can ask Ebay to step in and refund you. Do this on the date shown as it doesn't look as though you are going to get the item.

Message 2 of 9
See Most Recent

Hi these are my thoughts.

On your order details you will always have an estimated delivery date which is set by Ebay and often rather optimistic.  

Ebay cannot force a seller to send an item.    All you can do is what I think you already have done.....if the estimated delivery date has passed open a not received case and escalate it a few days later for Ebay to step in with a refund. Use Ebays Money Back Guarantee.

Saying the above your seller appears to be a new one.   In these circumstances they will have their payment held for 2 or 3 weeks before its released to them.    Some new sellers do not realise that they cannot make their buyer wait the 2 or 3 weeks  for their money to be released before they post the item.    This may be why they have not posted the item to you 😞

So far as your feedback is concerned.     There are rules when leaving feedback.   You are not supposed to say you had to get Ebay involved or mention a refund.  You should also not make removal of negative feedback conditional.    The seller MAY be able to get it removed.

Yes i understand its very frustrating for you but i fear you have a new seller who is not aware that they should post the item BEFORE they get paid by Ebay for it 😞     As i said above Ebay cannot force a seller to ship an item to you......only refund you.

Message 3 of 9
See Most Recent

thanks, what shall I do about the feedback then? I was unaware that I shouldn't say

Message 4 of 9
See Most Recent

Unfortunately there is not a lot you can do about it as you cannot remove it yourself.

The way to get it removed is for the seller to send you a Feedback Revision Request but that probably wont happen if they are not replying to you.  Also as its their first sale they may not have that option.

Message 5 of 9
See Most Recent

@ykab4005 wrote:

thanks, what shall I do about the feedback then? I was unaware that I shouldn't say.

All you can do is to either ask the seller to send a Feedback Revision Request so that you can change your feedback, but if seller will not/cannot do this then the next best thing that you could do would be to leave a follow-up comment to your original feedback explaining that the problem has since been resolved.  However, the latter of the two options has no effect with regards to reversing neutral/negative feedback left intially by a buyer, and in this kind of scenario the seller would still be stuck with the associated defect left by a buyer's negative comment unless they could persuade eBay to remove the negative comment that the buyer had left for them in the first place.  If eBay to remove the buyer's negative feedback then the associated defect would be removed as well; however, if eBay chose not to remove it then the seller is stuck with it, even if he/she feels that it is completely unjustified.

At the end of the day be mindful of a few things.  The first is that if a transaction does not go to plan try to resolve the matter amicably with the seller via eBay Messages before escalating the matter to an eBay case and leaving negative feedback for the seller.  You only get one chance to leave feedback, and once you have left it you cannot subsequently revoke your own feedback and replace it with something else if you end up changing your mind as to what kind of feedback you actually want to leave for the seller.

Message 6 of 9
See Most Recent

Similar problem..I received  My first negative Feedback ..from Buyer who did NOT read listing or Ebay Order details. ( for delivery time )..I often send large fragile items, that need special packing ,.I explained this to Buyer, but They still left negative f/back. well before Item was due to be delivered...

.EBAY  WILL NOT REMOVE  THIS NEGATIVE COMMENT ,,VERY UNFAIR...It has spoilt My reputation. after 15 years & several hundred very positve comments

.. I am considering selling My Items elsewhere....I am in My seventies..& am getting fed up with the demands of some Buyers, & the stress it causes

Message 7 of 9
See Most Recent

Unfortunately some members use  feedback as a ' messaging system',  and especially as they are prompted to leave that feedback with eBay messages.

eBay won't remove it because it doesn't break feedback rules.  

However,  when the item is delivered,  you can send the buyer a message asking them if they would kindly complete a feedback revision as the feedback left is now not the case,  as item is received,  and it's damaging to your account.

You are obviously a conscientious seller , so this unworthy feedback of course hurts.  Ride it out, send that revision when the item is safely with the buyer,  hopefully they'll comply.  If they don't, you left a good follow up it certainly would not put me off from buying from you.

@knightman57 

Message 8 of 9
See Most Recent

THANK YOU !..For Your response . this matter has really depressed Me..It is nice too know I have friends out there,  supporting Me & giving helpful advice..As You can see previously I have received very good positive feedback for many years 

Message 9 of 9
See Most Recent
Got buying related questions? Start here: