Ebay refuse to investigate and take down fake item

I've reported the same item twice to ebay and they say it doesn't violate their policies. It's a fake Dell mouse. I'll post a link if I'm told it's ok to do it. The seller has sold over 1500 so maybe ebay see it as good business.

When I got the mouse I put in a request to return based on the reason that I didn't like it. I was about to be charged over £3 to send it back so I cancelled the request. The reason I didn't like it was because the quality is so bad for something that claimed to be branded. I have a real Dell mouse so I have something to compare it to.

I then became curious and did a bit of research before I decided it was fake. It was then too late to request a "not as described" return. After arguing with ebay about it they said they would refund me but I'm yet to receive it.

Message 1 of 6
See Most Recent
5 REPLIES 5

Yeah, i would take the promise of a refund from Ebay with a pinch of salt, they tend to say what they think you want to hear. Reporting items is a waste of time if you ask me and why i don't even bothdr anymore. Your best bet, if your happy to do it, is drop an email to them with the details and a link to the listing/s, as Ebay tend to sit up when companies complain 🙂

If you believe it's fake, you needed to go not as described. If you paid useing a credit/debit card, then try a chargeback with your payment provider or if you used paypal, open a case there.

Message 2 of 6
See Most Recent

Because you said "you did not like it" that qualifies as a "return" so you would be charged postage. 

You should have used the reason "not as described" and the seller would have paid. 

The advice to send it [and/or a complaint] to Dell is an excellent one.  It might get the seller banned!

@jak8893 

Message 3 of 6
See Most Recent

An email address for Dell is unsurprisingly hard to find. I came to a dead end trying to use their online chat. I tried to post something to their forum but it said I wasn't allowed to post. The only possible avenue I've found is a customer services phone number that I will try tommorrow.

This is really bad as far as I'm concerned. I've been ripped off by ebay itself who are knowingly selling me fake stuff. The item I bought is such cheap quality that it's almost worthless. I could have easily bought a mouse for less money and probably would have got something of better quality.

It's hard to know how widespread this is. There are a few other people selling Dell mice for about the same price.  It's a concern that ebay would knowingly allow fake stuff to be sold.

Message 4 of 6
See Most Recent

Dell Corporation Limited
1st & 2nd Floor
One Creechurch Place
London
EC3A 5AF

You could even send them a letter!   Send them a copy of the seller's listing!

@jak8893 

Message 5 of 6
See Most Recent

I've spoke to Dell on the phone and they say that they're not willing to confirm whether the mouse is fake unless I have a Dell order number which I obviously don't have.

Message 6 of 6
See Most Recent
Got buying related questions? Start here: