Double VAT refund - Ebay Team always wasting time with delays

I'm a long time member (since 2005) and honestly this is my first time posting.

I'm dealing with Ebay refund Team for 3 orders.

Two of them are from last year and another is from April 2023.

Basically i paid the VAT in the checkout and as usual i had to pay the VAT again once arrived at Portugal.

So i paid all, claimed to Ebay and uploaded the proofs of payment and that's it.

Several messages to Ebay, chat's etc always saying that i will received the refund in 10 business days, well there are two orders that already passed almost 1 YEAR ! and the other i'm claiming since 20 April.

This isn't the Ebay that i meet years ago. The customer service is a shame and the respect for the members are simply losted with this kind of issues.

Anyone with simmilar problems? How do you fix them?

Best regards,

Miguel

Message 1 of 6
See Most Recent
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

It sounds like the eBay seller, and eBay, did everything right and there was a mistake by your customs.  Ebay will have sent the VAT they collected to your government, I doubt they can get that back so won't refund you.

You need to get your refund from your Customs authority, but it's probably too late now.  

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6
See Most Recent
5 REPLIES 5

papso22
Experienced Mentor

I think eBay may be fobbing you off.

A lot depends on who got it wrong when you were double charged, if it wasn't eBay, they won't refund you. 

Message 2 of 6
See Most Recent

Thank you for your reply but if Ebay collected automatically the VAT for the orders, Ebay or the seller has the duty to declare that. 

I fact all the IOSS codes were wroten in the packages but it wasn't enough for the customs fees. 

Ebay asked for the double payment proofs but don't want to refund so many same answers are always sent with clearly stupid escuses. 

What's wrong with the people nowadays? Even Ebay don't work good.

Better they close the doors for this kind of treatment. 

Message 3 of 6
See Most Recent

It sounds like the eBay seller, and eBay, did everything right and there was a mistake by your customs.  Ebay will have sent the VAT they collected to your government, I doubt they can get that back so won't refund you.

You need to get your refund from your Customs authority, but it's probably too late now.  

Message 4 of 6
See Most Recent

Do you have an update? I am still waiting since 11 february 2023 and have contacted ebay so many times and no one seems to help, their customer service is terrible.

With two previous orders I was refunded very quick but with another order I finally got my money back (last april) after a year and a half (!) of waiting and a looot of emails. With another order I simply gave up (the person refunding the double paid vat mistook a refund from the seller as vat refund so I didn't get all my double paid vat back). I don't order from outside Europe anymore eversince because this is horrible to deal with, my post office doesn't refund and refers to ebay.

Message 5 of 6
See Most Recent

Hi, 

They never refunded me for this situations. 

Message 6 of 6
See Most Recent
Got buying related questions? Start here: