Authenticity Guarantee - authentication centre made shipping mistake

fueled-by-fire
Contributor

Hi guys,

I bought some trainers through eBay's "Authenticity Guarantee" and received a shipment this morning but they've sent me the wrong trainers. This is definitely an error from the authentication centre and NOT from the seller, as I have found the listing for the pair I've received, and it's from another buyer. In short, the Authentication Center have put the wrong shoes in the wrong outer boxes, or labeled them wrong.

Ebay's customer service are no help, ignoring the facts I'm presenting to them and telling me to "wait 3 days for a reply from the seller". The seller knows, the other seller knows, I contacted both, and neither of them can do ANYTHING because ebay won't give me a contact number for the authentication centre.

Has anyone else had an issue like this and how was it resolved? These trainers are rare and expensive and I want what I paid for!

Thanks,

SC

Message 1 of 48
See Most Recent
47 REPLIES 47

Hi all I have just found this thread, I have had a similar problem, 3 weeks ago I purchased some trainers which I needed for a gift this week. I received a notification that they were with the authenticator 2 weeks ago, and then that they had been dispatched, but no tracking was added.

I opened a 'Request' with eBay to find out where they are, as its now been 3 weeks since the purchase, I finally had a live chat with eBay tonight, and was advised that the trainers had been sent to the wrong address in a different part of the country, this was due to a manual ladbel being created by the authenticator?

It seems very odd to me that a situation like this can arise? Apparently I will get a refund and the seller won't be affected, however these were rare trainers which don't often appear and I needed them by Friday for a gift, so I am stuck and rather upset about it.

EBay have advised there is no way they can attempt to recover the trainers, so I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this? My situation is different to those above as I have not actually received any trainers at all? So I wondered if this is a common occurrence, as surely there should be safeguards to prevent this happening? 

Message 21 of 48
See Most Recent

Of course there should be safeguards, but it seems there are not, or they don't work properly. 

At least you are better off than another buyer on here recently who received the wrong trainers from the centre and ebay have washed their hands of the whole thing, denying him the not as described claim.  This seems madness and is not what those of us who have advised on this thread before expected to happen.

Message 22 of 48
See Most Recent

Maybe I am just terribly naive, but I was quite astonished that a system which in theory was implemented to protect customers is causing so much trouble and disappointment. 

If / when I receive a refund I will certainly count myself most fortunate, even though I am without a gift for Friday, yet I'm still baffled that the authenticity process can be so open to error, with customers receiving such poor communication from eBay, and are then subsequently required to spend hours chasing it up. 

Message 23 of 48
See Most Recent

We actually have no idea how many successful purchases go through the authenticity centre, or how many end in difficulties.  Like most things we only see the system failures on here. 

Message 24 of 48
See Most Recent

@angela_wals wrote:

yet I'm still baffled that the authenticity process can be so open to error, with customers receiving such poor communication from eBay, and are then subsequently required to spend hours chasing it up.

You can apply that to anything on eBay; just take your pick of topics, it fits all scenarios.

Condragulations, you are the winner of this week's challenge!
Message 25 of 48
See Most Recent

From my experiance sellers claiming to have Certifice of authenticaty means very little to nothing due to anyone can print off a medium to high quality fake certificate & then claim its a genuine certificate.

Message 26 of 48
See Most Recent

Just had the same experience. As a seller though. The authenticator had deemed my listing as incorrect and misleading. After a day of emails and cases opened through eBay. I have received some shocking photos of items that (Apparently were in the package received by myself) as dirty gamins and definitely not expensive trainers.

I have proof of postage, proof of divery and even a photo of the packaging it arrived in. How do I prove anymore than this. 

So in the next few days I'll be out of pocket by £150. If these trainers went straight to the buyer. I wouldn't of had this issue!. How do I claim? Or even challenge this decision through a third party when it's eBay that I sold the item through 🤷🏻‍♂️

Message 27 of 48
See Most Recent

@carlosfantango wrote:

Just had the same experience. As a seller though. The authenticator had deemed my listing as incorrect and misleading. After a day of emails and cases opened through eBay. I have received some shocking photos of items that (Apparently were in the package received by myself) as dirty gamins and definitely not expensive trainers.

I have proof of postage, proof of divery and even a photo of the packaging it arrived in. How do I prove anymore than this. 

So in the next few days I'll be out of pocket by £150. If these trainers went straight to the buyer. I wouldn't of had this issue!. How do I claim? Or even challenge this decision through a third party when it's eBay that I sold the item through 🤷🏻‍♂️

Unfortunetly there's nothing to stop buyers opening up a not as described case and the only saving grace that ebay offers is that if a buyer were to open too many INA, SNAD & returns cases they soon get banned or a temp or perminant black put on them by ebay to prevent them from opening up cases again.

Message 28 of 48
See Most Recent

@purveyor_of_tat wrote:

@bobandcharlies wrote:

Hopefully common sense will prevail -

eBay + common sense = oxymoron

😂😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣- You never fail to make me laugh purveyor_of_tat 😋😎

Truth hurts. Maybe not as much as jumping on a bicycle with a seat missing, but it hurts.

You may think you have pushed ALL my buttons, but you still haven't found the mute!
Message 29 of 48
See Most Recent

I'd have more chance herding cats than having a positive outcome from the game of pass the buck tennis that eBay, authenticator and packlink are playing with me. 

Sick as a cowboys horse trying to sort this **bleep** out. 

According to packlink. An investigation is in hand, but if all of the personnel, who have handled my parcel and have no knowledge of the trainer's where abouts. The case will be a negative outcome.............. Yeah because thieves love admitting that they have sticky fingers and are thieving little B******S

Message 30 of 48
See Most Recent

Your issue is nothing like the OP's issue as at all; best to start a new thread in those circumstances.

However, you state "If these trainers went straight to the buyer. I wouldn't of had this issue!." - how so? If there was a problem with the courier, perhaps a switcheroo on the parcel/ the contents of, whether it went to the authenticators or direct to the buyer, the same would have occurred.

The authenticators will send whatever they received back to you, the buyer will be refunded and you then claim through Packedlunch Link.

You've got zero evidence the issue arose at the authenticators after delivery.

Message 31 of 48
See Most Recent

Do you know this is the third post regarding this new  'Authenticity Quarantee' middle-man in less than a week.

2 buyers have so far received the wrong item and another received a supposidly brand new pair of trainers that had clearly been worn...............

Check the Authenticity, yes, but also tripple check the item description in relation to the condition / state of the Authentic Trainers you have in your hands and are about to send out!

Between this and the new eBay front page Banner Add of get 50% of REJECTS Seconds at Outfitters, buyers are wasting their money on yet more items that are going to end up in landfill after 6 months, if that!

Oh, I forgot those who are (anally retentive) partiular about their 'brand new with tags' items.............🙄🙄🤐.

Go find a nice reliable & reputable seller who has quality pre-loved second-hand items and everyone wins all round.

Oh no, I forgot eBay has sliced most of those type of sellers in favour of the NEW

Why do my fingers keep typing? 😂

Truth hurts. Maybe not as much as jumping on a bicycle with a seat missing, but it hurts.

You may think you have pushed ALL my buttons, but you still haven't found the mute!
Message 32 of 48
See Most Recent

Just giving my story as it's developed through the week. The story is very similar to the thread I've commented on. 

I don't really care who's fault or at what point my parcel has been ransacked. I just would like a positive outcome as many other ebayers who have endured this problem. 

I'm not looking for sympathy. Just want to bring this to the attention of eBay, that sellers and buyers who are following the new system are left at risk of being out of pocket. 

Granted, that it's totally irrelevant if the the package went directly to the buyer or to the third party. I'm just stating that I'm following eBay's new procedure of goinh to a third party and many other ebayers will have previously or will do the same. I hope that they don't, but they may end up having the same horrid experience as myself. 

So please just now wind your neck tat, because the adults are talking. You sad individual

Message 33 of 48
See Most Recent

@carlosfantango wrote:

....So please just now wind your neck tat, because the adults are talking. You sad individual

I'm very happy, ta. My washing has been on the line, it is now bone dry and smells fresh as a daisy. 😁

I did advise of what to do and also what the most likely outcome will be.

There isn't any more or less risk, on balance, with the AG process. I have seen numerous posts about it and fully appreciate it isn't perfect; but then, what is?

Your issue seems to be your courier. Without anything else in terms of evidence, you don't have much to go on, here.

Did the courier photo the delivery? If so, can you see if the parcel had been tampered with?

Message 34 of 48
See Most Recent

Touche!

Yeah ive had photos from the authenticator, Hermes (EVRI) and even had the same packaging returned with items of Garmons within. That the dog wouldn't sleep on. 

eBay passesd the buck to Hermes, Hermes then passed the buck back and then eBay passesd it to packlink. 

I just find it frustrating that I've used the delivery process that eBay supply. So hence now I have x2 delivery services to deal with, along with the authenticator. 

I've been a eBay customer for 20 years and never had a rigmarole like this before. 

Message 35 of 48
See Most Recent

Well, the advice is always to never use Packedlunch Link; an unneeded middle man and a devil to claim from, as this thread shows (1,870 posts...!)

You won't be able to claim from Evri; you'll need to go through PL.

I honestly highly doubt this happened at the authentication centre. These things are reported very often on these boards - parcels delivered, seemingly (though, frequently are) tampered with en route.

eBay themselves maybe of some use. Call them up, see what evidence they can muster to use in your claim with Evri. Speak to the authentication team.

Message 36 of 48
See Most Recent

@carlosfantango wrote:

Just giving my story as it's developed through the week. The story is very similar to the thread I've commented on. 

I don't really care who's fault or at what point my parcel has been ransacked. I just would like a positive outcome as many other ebayers who have endured this problem. 

I'm not looking for sympathy. Just want to bring this to the attention of eBay, that sellers and buyers who are following the new system are left at risk of being out of pocket. 

Granted, that it's totally irrelevant if the the package went directly to the buyer or to the third party. I'm just stating that I'm following eBay's new procedure of goinh to a third party and many other ebayers will have previously or will do the same. I hope that they don't, but they may end up having the same horrid experience as myself. 

So please just now wind your neck tat, because the adults are talking. You sad individual

Yes, I agree that buyers are having a hard time with the service and some have already expressed difficulty with wrong items arriving and a brand new pair of trainers clearly having been worn.

The bottom line is that the Authenticator should be checking everything including the condition - matching it against the listing. If it says NEW and arrives clearly worn, then don't go blaming the courier who delivered it to the middleman, blame the original sender.

I'm trying to be as positive about this subject as I can, but from the so called 'Authenticated' Retailers of trainers, most are clearly using stock pictures. That's an absolute no, no for me, and if I don't see an original picture, I move on fast.

It so very easy for sellers to use stock photos using incorrect MP's and hence buyers end up with something completely different or nothing like the prestine item of the apparent Brand New item.

This again is something eBay lacked foresight in and it is unfortunately going to cost buyers money as the argument goes around who is to blame. The seller? The Middle-man? The Courier Service they send the item out through? Too many people involved and far too many opportunities for errors.

There are Authenticating Services that can be used who request digital pictures of the actual item that a seller has for sale. If eBay used that service leaving it down to the 'Authenticated' seller to send the item out, then a buyer would know exactly where the dispute lies.............

Direct to the seller:  Item Not As Described / Wrong item Sent.

BTW purveyor_of_tat is a golden oldie and highly respected member of the eBay community who is frank with the truth, very wise, and very experienced...........

** That reminds me. I must put my lovely clean, fresh. bone dry washing away................😉😉😉😇.

Message 37 of 48
See Most Recent

Hasn't Ebay bought SneakerCon ?

Another thought I had is that it wouldn't take long for word to get around that parcels addressed to the authenticator are going to have some very desirable, expensive, easy-to-get rid-of-quickly items...hmmmm

Message 38 of 48
See Most Recent

Ebay has lost my yeezys recently, sent it to be authenticated, but it failed due to "UNKNOWN REASON" and sent back 1 pair of random shoe. And apparently they didn't receive the yeezys. Hopefully the courier can help me, and prove that it was ebay who lost it or someone stole it.

Message 40 of 48
See Most Recent
Got buying related questions? Start here: