Seller closes Refund Request - Cannot progress Case??

**edit**

If you are only in with one chance to raise a case with eBay and that the seller then just closes it without explanation then I don't hold out much hope of a refund especially as you can't speak to anyone at eBay about it.

**Original Question Below**

Hi to everyone that reads this

I have recently purchased a second hand electrical item (ipod) that I have subsequently discovered is not working correctly or as it should.  It was described as in 'working order/condition' and upon initial receipt everything seemed okay .  Having spent more time with it there are issues I have discovered with it so I requested for a refund with the seller.  I have just discovered that the seller has closed the return status without an expanantion or human response etc.  My question as the delivery status fall approx a week or so outside eBay's policy do I have any chance of a refund ultimately?  I cannot progress the case through my account (as its closed) nor are eBay available to speak to in any way due to Covid-19 and their staffing situation.

Can anyone give me any advice or have a similar experience to draw from?

Thanks for your time

John

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Although you are probably out of time, it sounds as though you tried to open the wrong case. If buyer does not accept returns then it would close unless you opened a Not As Described Case which if within time the seller HAS TO ACCEPT.

As you only get one chance with ebay there is no harm in trying a NOT AS DESCRIBED CASE with Paypal, they may allow it, the only difference is that you have to pay the return postage unless you can use the offer they have to pay the postage. Look in Offers before doing anything.

Answers (0)