Reporting seller for counterfeit items

I bought recently a bunch of CD's from seller who (according to the user info page is located in US), ships items (according to listings) from Romania but actual shipping comes from Moscow , Russia. He (or She) lists several hard to find items at rediculously low price.I took a risk and made the purchase.When I got the package with music I've been looking for many-many years unsuccessfully my suspicion of those being fake came true with very first one I took out of the otherwise pretty well packed box.

I couldn't believe how low quality was the cover artwork and overall look of that CD.Quick check of runouts and other identifiers on Discogs proved it to be true.Disappointing as it is I dont understand how anyone else haven't noticed anything before? According to feedback left for seller everything looks legit. So long story short. One of E-Bay policies is forbidding to sell counterfeit products.

This is direct violation of every possible copyright law. I tried to report this to E-Bay but instead of allowing me to file a complaint I got lost in all that "contact seller first" BS. I've been buying and bidding here for a long time and besides some small and cheap gadgets I got from China which ended up just junk, this is my first time I have encountered anything like that. I'm not crying about the money I have spent here but the plain ignorance on the part of E-Bay. What if some big world class rock or pop star sues you? You are on the way down! 

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Are the items still under copyright. 

The copyright law differs for different items, for example one item may have copyright for only 28 yrs unless it's renewed wheras another item may have 95yrs.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

I found a seller named STRZE-KAROL selling fake designer Balenciaga trainers way over what they’re worth!
You can clearly see they are fake from the pictures (if you know the differences and what to look out for) but they are listed as being from the brand balenciaga and product item also states balenciaga but they aren’t! I hate people who try to deceive other people, it’s totally wrong and uncalled for, especially on this site, As we can’t rely on eBay to fish out the fakes, we need to do it ourselves!
So again sellers name is STRZE-KAROL!
Avoid buying from them!
What would be a great tool is if there was an option to report a seller who was selling fake products, then have them investigated by eBay!

You are in Estonia, and this is the UK site. The Help pages here relate purely to UK buying and selling, so any advice you are given here may not be relevant. You need to log out and into your home site (which will be ebay.com if there isn't one dedicated to Estonia) and use the forums over there to get accurate advice.

@blackinsect 

As already suggested use the Money Back Guarantee.

Ebay's answer to complaints about fakes is that buyers are protected by the Money Back Guarantee, and don't take much notice of reports of fakes unless made under VERO (see foot of the page.)

I doubt that ebay are worried about being sued, they sell nothing, they just provide the facility for members to list and sell. In any case that is what VERO is for, the Companies etc. involved can do their own Monitoring and ask ebay to remove any offending items.

plpmr
Experienced Mentor

Just in case it has a bearing on matters -

these are the UK boards your seller is in the Russian Federation seemingly holding stock in Romania and you are in Estonia

*vyolla*
Experienced Mentor

Leave appropriate feedback to warn other potential buyers.

I'm presuming that you have some kind of eBay or PayPal buyer protection for your purchase in Estonia, use that to get a full refund.