HOW CAN I CHANGE THE REASON FOR MY RETURN , AS THE SELLER IS ASKING ME TO DO

I HAVE RECEIVED MY ORDER OF PRINTER INKS WHICH ARE NEARLY 2 YEARS OUT OF DATE.  I REQUESTED A RETURN WHICH DIDN'T HAVE THE RIGHT REASON FOR ME SO I PUT NOT AUTHENTIC.  HOWEVER THEY SAID COULD I CHANGE THE REASON TO NO LONGER WANTED AND THEY COULD THEN ACCEPT THE RETURN AND ISSUE A REFUND OTHERWISE I WOULD HAVE TO PAY THE RETURN POSTAGE.  THIS SEEMS RATHER ODD TO ME.  COULD I SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME.

View Entire Topic

It's possible that you've misunderstood, and that the seller has no clue how Ebay works. I say this because no seller would want to pay return postage to get back out of date inks.  I suspect that what he wants to do is refund you without the need for return, but thinks he has to do it through PayPal. Which he's found he can't do, because your payment was put on hold the second you opened the return request.  Just tell him that if he doesn't want the inks back, he has to action the refund through the Ebay return request. That will release the payment back to you, and credit the Ebay selling fee back to his Ebay account.

If he does bizarrely want the inks back, he will have to agree to refund on return within the return request, which will trigger a tracked returns label at his expense. If he fails to do that by the shown date, just escalate to Ebay on day 9. They will either supply a tracked postage label at the seller's expense, or (more likely) refund you in full without the need for return.

(In future, please switch off your CAPS LOCK if possible. On the internet it's seen as SHOUTING. It's also quite difficult to read.)

@sallpratle-0