Item arrived too late

Hi I've had rather a distressing dilemma, I'm hoping you can please help, many thanks. I ordered which sadly arrived too late. There had been alot occurring and I have sent a number of emails to the seller. Below is a message copied and pasted  following a message this morning, as the seller said they didn't understand the issue. Thank you

Morning, thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately there are a number of issues, I know my goods were stated as dispatched on time but it has been at an extreme cost and inconvenience to myself and distress to my customer.

Firstly with me not recieving the goods on time I had to cancel an order which had been paid for as I was to make a baby's name memorial for a funeral.
So this was at cost of my main materials (£29+ for roses from yourself, a refund of £57 to the customer as they were informed I was unable to fulfill their order, cost of other materials to make it up.

Following informing the customer I was unable to fulfill their order this caused a great deal of upset to myself, not to mention to those affected as at such short notice they were unable to find a replacement meaning they would have a funeral and no flowers.

After contacting yourself I then spent half an hour trying to contact royal mail customer service (0345) to chase where my own was and is they were local to me. After no response that way I then got a taxi (another cost) to my local depot. I was told they head been in Birmingham depot since feb15th, this was now the 18th. I was praying they were there as this was the Thursday(should have said Friday)and the funeral was being held at 3pm on Saturday feb 20th.

Sadly, they weren't available to be collected from my local depot, from there I then got another taxi to my local Range store and had to purchase acrylic paints, brushes(receipt attached to previous email). Then another taxi home (so that's the cost of 3 taxis ). On arriving home after spending 1.5 hours trying to solve this mishap I then along with my daughter had to handpaint coloured roses to the colour required.

There was no way I could sleep with the thought of those poor parents having their babies funeral with no memorial flowers, just wasn't going to happen. So at a cost to myself again, their memorial was made up, not as they'd asked but with painted flowers so I couldn't ask. for any money in return.
So I have also had to replace the roses painted.

Myself and my daughter had to paint through the night due to other commitments, we did not stop until morning as it was being collected at lunch time as the funeral was at 3pm that day

(Apologies I stated it was Thursday, this was actually the Friday that I had to call down to the depot, buy more materials etc.)

My daughter was due to start a 9 hours shift that morning but with having no sleep throughout the night due to trying her best to help me she was then unable to go into work which was a loss if earnings.

As you can see this ordeal has been extremely distressing to myself & the baby's parents not to mention the huge cost & inconvenience.

The goods were delivered after collection, the seller suggested if I wanted a refund I was to refuse delivery. I would still like a refund for the sheer inconvenience & cost.

Initial ordering of roses £29.97
Lettering £8
Taxis X3
Acrylics and brushes £7+
Roses I had to paint & have since had to pay to replace £20+
Full refund to customer £57
Daughter's earnings, 9 hours shift(£10+ an hour)

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

On ebay you are only entitled to a full refund of what you paid the seller.  No consequential losses can be covered. 

You would have to go to the small claims court and if your seller is outside ther UK that would not be possible.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

On thing missing from your long post.

On the original listing you purchased from can you confirm the estimated arrival date..

If it is the Seller you left Neutral Feedback for they are Registered in Hong Kong. If you had bought from a UK Business Seller you could have taken some legal action.

The Hong Kong Seller is offering a 14 day Returns Policy. Your Purchase was supposedly Shipped from London? You would only have to Return to that Address. I take it that the Item has now be used and is not in the same Condition you Received it in?