Is there any way I can permanently set my purchase preference is to UK only.

Hi all, Is there any way I can set my purchase preference "Permanently' to UK only?

I'm tired of getting caught out.

If we need to be in lockdown due to the virus, I can't wait for over a month for something to come from far away. I want it to be uk only.

I did a search on this topic and there seems to be numerous queries regarding this and no proper resolution.

I really don't want to cause a bother and problems to the people at the other end. But so far this week I've cancelled two orders. I try to always tick UK only. But then I get distracted by other bits and pieces that are similar. And before I know it I've bought something that will take 30+ days to arrive.

Due to the virus lock down, at the moment I don't even want to see products that are not in the UK.

So due to the difficulty we find ourselves in, is there not some way that eBay can facilitate a fix to be permanent (unless otherwise decided by the purchaser)

look forward to hearing from you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Just wondered how as a Buyer you managed to "Cancel 2 Orders" ?  Buyers can't Cancel anything, only Sellers can, Business Sellers, you just need to ask.

you cannot make UK only your default as overseas sellers pay to have their items shown on the site

to avoid being caught out you need to get into the habit of going to a sellers feedback page (click on the number in brackets next to their ID)

once on that page you can see where the seller is based and how good their feedback is