Ebay refusing refund

Hi 

I bought used Nintendo switch ,as per listing there suppose to be x amount of game included 

Upon receipt I discovered the digital games were not included 

Then I realised that default accessories that come with switch are not there either ( joycons grips and joycons pad)

In all fairness seller offered other replacement games but its not what I want or is near the value of games that should be included

I requested refund which was outright rejected by e bay.

I assume it to do no refund policy on digital content? 

I'm appealing but unsure how that goes 

I'm wondering what are my options as if ebay won't help im planning to get refund via PayPal instead who has no such restitution as far digital content goes .I wonder can I do that ,how would that work 

Thanks for help in advance 

Dawid

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

red_magpie
Experienced Mentor

It's a pity you used the term digital content, which is specifically excluded from eBay's money back guarantee.

In fact, I don't think this is what eBay intended. What's prohibited on eBay is digital delivery, e.g items sold for downloading, like software keys or music or movies.

I'm sure it isn't meant to include digital content contained in a tangible device. Otherwise, anything from DVDs that don't play properly to non-working electronic devices like ipads and laptops would be excluded.

If you had simply said that games included in the description were not supplied you may have won. Keep this in mind when you open a Paypal case. Remember that unlike eBay, PayPal requires the buyer to pay for the return postage, unless you first register for their (free) "Return shipping on us" service, see: https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/refunded-returns

Hello, 

Yes PayPal dispute would be the best option. 

Other options - 

1. Check with your bank if they can help you with payment reversal.
  2. You can contact the free Government advice line Consumer Direct on 03 454 04 05 06. You'll also find lots of useful information at eBay's Safety Centre: 

http://pages.ebay.co.uk/safetycentre/rights.html