Can i return an item without a return label

In the age of COVID Lockdowns, businesses that offer printers are shut down, so would i still be able to send an item back to a seller for a refund without including the two labels that ebay wants me to print out.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

As to whether a seller "can" issue a refund without tracking the difficulty is that if you open a case it will never show as delivered.  Clearly a seller can simply issue a refund through the case but it will not be monitored by eBay and you would "risk" that the seller does not do so

@ad3cool 

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

If you have opened a case then the seller should send a label through the case.   The difficulty is that even if it is not used the tracking number gets pre-entered into the case.  You "can" simply pay for tracked postage to return but you will probably not get that postage back from the seller. 

You cannot override the tracking in the case.  It may be possible to contact eBay Customer Service ["Help and Contact" above] and get them to input the new tracking details but it is far better to use the supplied label

@ad3cool 

You can buy your own label but you'd have to contact ebay and ask them to change the tracking number on the return, otherwise they cannot enforce the refund.   For that you can use live chat at the bottom of this:

https://ocsnext.ebay.co.uk/ocs/cusr?query=1455

Ignore the subject heading. They will still help you.   An althernative would be to ask a friend with a printer to print out the label for you.   They'd have to log in as you so you'd need to change your password aftewards.

I hear ebay sell printers ?

There are some very cheap ones which would be ideal for printing out returns labels.