Text from Evri scam doing the rounds again.

Had a message today from a buyer asking for help/refund for a parcel due. They had received this text from 'Evri'. It's an old scam but hopefully, may help someone by raising awareness again.

The parcel arrived as planned a few hours later without any issues.

'EVRI mail package in the process of transportation, due to damage to the outer package, address information is lost, can not be delivered. Please be sure to update the delivery address information in the link within 12 hours. (inserted fake website) . (Please reply Y, then exit the SMS, re-open the SMS activation link, or copy the link to open in Safari)
The EVRI team wishes you a great day!'

Message 1 of 13
See Most Recent
12 REPLIES 12

They also go out for RM saying that theres a admin charge (instead of the postcard) and as its only £1.50 ppl think its genuine, they dont stop to think how on earth has RM got their email address but being only £1.50 they believe it. The odds are someones expecting a RM or Evri parcel so easy pickings.

Message 2 of 13
See Most Recent

... and of course, a few days or weeks later, when their next Evri or RM parcel arrives, the victim think this confirms the message was genuine - "because if I hadn't given my details/paid the admin fee, I'd never have got this parcel".  

Cesario, the Count's gentleman
Message 3 of 13
See Most Recent

My first reply to the buyer was to confirm I would check the status of the parcel. Then it dawned on me that they had text him on his mobile and Evri wouldn't have his number.

Just pleased that he had communicated with me and we ignored it and the parcel arrived as scheduled.

Message 4 of 13
See Most Recent

Yes I got a "parking fine" through on Email once - looked genuine as they re private companies then I stopped and thought "how would you have my email?" then looked at it more closely and of course no mention of my name or address - I trashed it then my neighbour got one and was 100% convinced it was genuine and was going to pay it - she needed some convincing it wasnt real and how on earth would this private company have her email address. Sometimes people dont see the obvious.

Message 5 of 13
See Most Recent

yes i have just received a very similar text today from a random email to my iphone messages, is this a scam yes?

Message 6 of 13
See Most Recent

Yes that's a scam. Always follow the tracking on Ebay or the couriers own website.

Message 7 of 13
See Most Recent

Had exactly this this morning

Message 8 of 13
See Most Recent

I got 1 just a few minutes ago and nealry fell for it - Thankfully i checked online and saw all these message - Absolute god send - Thanks guys 🙂 

Message 9 of 13
See Most Recent

Just recievdd this txt so thought id check as I haven't ordered anything lol..... sure enough its a scam, ghere should be a report button on txts so they can be traced

Message 10 of 13
See Most Recent

Fake EVRI text message received this morning, first time I've seen/heard about it.  Went into Purchases , checked who I've dealt with lately as info looked slightly familiar, but absolutely nothing there matched.  While I don't deal so much with eBay these days, so glad I was able to check online and found out about it!  Always take care, and never assume !   Simply sent it to junk/reported it, and thought I'd add my comments here too.  Cheers to you all, from Elaine

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of Arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
Message 11 of 13
See Most Recent

What happened if you fall victim to the scam? 

Message 12 of 13
See Most Recent

@cobwebcottage i jusr recieved one of tose txt today! I just googled seem like a legit site but thats how these muppets they can get away with it.

1, I've not ordered anything!

2, they managed to get my phone number to txt , but not company details who sent it 😜 x

Message 13 of 13
See Most Recent
Got business selling related questions? Start here: