No sales

What is going on at eBay?

No sales, no offers no response to offers, last sale 15 hours ago and counting. I sell worldwide, all listings promoted, TRS, eBay premium service, fast and free, NO SALES. 

Everything's collapsed since mid march/early April. 
Something changed at eBay during this time that has collapsed my sales and views prior to that time I had regular sales,  and offers throughout the day and night, from all over the world.

Suddenly nobody wants to buy what they were calmouring to buy previously. 

This is nothing to do with the economy so please don't wheel out that lazy excuse. 

Message 1 of 1,311
See Most Recent
1,310 REPLIES 1,310

No sales

Same on my other business account. I am about to add a post about search function not working, it's probably the same culprit!

Message 41 of 1,311
See Most Recent

No sales

Same as me no sales and tell you what i am thinking about closing my ebay shop down at the end of this year if it carrys on like this as no point in listing items for sale if no one is buying and move on to another website and just sell to my friends of friends etc.

Message 42 of 1,311
See Most Recent

No sales

Only 1 sale over the weekend and ebay has the bare face cheek to email me and say it's taking money from my bank!

Message 43 of 1,311
See Most Recent

No sales

Last week I increased 5 items by £5 (from £15-20) and put promos up on those few items from 2% to 8% - Weirdly for 3 days after my sales increase up on everything else  (didnt sell the ones I increased infact not even any more views) but after a few days everythings went back to (insert expletive!) Im sorry Ebay but I CAN NOT afford to pay you 8% ONTOP of the 12% FVF AND shop fees and still attract buyers - Im lucky if I make 10% profit on some of my items nevermind pay 20% AND still make a profit - Just sheer greed with Ebay now - Sellers will put their prices up to pay for promos but buyer wont pay the prices when there are other platforms to choose from.  Of course if I was getting a mix of promo and organic again it equals out but all those increaased sales were on promo so its ridiculous.  I buy from my regular sellers now for stock stuff but honestly dont bother with searching for anything else - its pointless 99p clogged searches and loads of tat or very pricey items 

Message 44 of 1,311
See Most Recent

No sales

Zero on all fronts again. Worldwide all day long.  Zero.  Bull*bleep*. 

Message 45 of 1,311
See Most Recent

No sales

Ebay seems to ignore the very obvious logic that higher fees results in higher asking prices resulting in less sales, you don't need to go to Harvard to realise that.

Years ago Ebay was an attractive proposition for a small business, you paid realistic fees in return for a massive worldwide market.

You now pay 20% - 40% in fees for a massively reduced market.

It isn't working.

Message 46 of 1,311
See Most Recent

No sales

Spot on... funny thing was back in the day Ebay had the monopoly but now theres other options for buyers and sellers so you would think this would mean lower fees. I remember if you sold your item under £10 Ebay charged lower FVF now sellers are having to charge more to pay for the stupid promo (or we will hide your listing) logic

Message 47 of 1,311
See Most Recent

No sales

Search for peen hammer, you get 2700+ results for penn hammern none for peen. Such a thing  as a hammer penn might exist, but when you search for penn hammer 50 results return.

A peen hammer is also called a pein hammer, searching for pein brings 3700+ returns.

How can you get 2700+ returns for penn when there  are in fact only 50, (  only a couple mentioning penn). Incidentally I have never heard of a penn hammer apart from listings  by  sellers that can't spell the name of their item properly.

At times searches return items that have absolutely nothing to do with the item in question at all, not even in their title or description.

If this is AI it's already attacking mankind.

Message 48 of 1,311
See Most Recent

No sales

I agree fully, how can ebay employees not see this, realise it's a complete farce and do something about it...?

Message 49 of 1,311
See Most Recent

No sales

might be the sunny weather but i am also getting very little sales.

Message 50 of 1,311
See Most Recent

No sales

@exponential_developments wrote:

I agree fully, how can ebay employees not see this, realise it's a complete farce and do something about it...?

Could it be that they do see it ,but either there's nothing they can do about it ,or it's part of some strategy.

I amassed loads of vintage audio equipment ,and through the years I have seen more and more sellers of vintage audio here. In the beginning it was a friendly place to buy and sell and meet others involved in the hobby, I have made some good friends here, then it turned into a free for all where it was driven by greed.

Nowadays I would fear sending a £200 turntable, never mind a £500 one. Years ago I sent many worth more and bought plenty without any issues at all.

It's not the same place and it's geared toward big sellers.

Message 51 of 1,311
See Most Recent

No sales

eBay sales have dropped by approx 80-90% 3rd weekend on a row with either zero sales i or just 1  *bleep* .. totall earnings after fees and cost for items approx £20.. eBay have done something in my opinion . Economy is not the reason when you see £1000+ hones for example selling is is down to Ebay in my opinion.

it got worse and wasn't happy at agents lying to me and now I'm lucky g is i feel anything and earning less than £20 a week .  It's not a blip it's been all year for me.. constant take down and swell similar items to try and get exposure but it's just a waste of time exercise..i beehive eBay at hiding my listing because i tikka then what i think paranoia or just coincidence 🤔

Message 52 of 1,311
See Most Recent

No sales

@bicole wrote:

i beehive eBay at hiding my listing because i tikka then what i think paranoia or just coincidence 🤔

Do you promote your listings using the fairly new dynamic standard promotions?  I've found if I don't I do not sell, if I do I sell.  Horrible being forced into giving eBay even more money for lets face it a terrible service but that seems to be the only option.  Short n curlies.. 😡

Message 53 of 1,311
See Most Recent

No sales

Hey, my sales have dropped by over 90% yeah so because I have found out.
Because i used profane language ????
I hair this agent on the other side of the world would feel when they
subjected to the consistent less by eBay agents.. not incompetence it
happens easy to often for incompetence.. It's just lies so i used organs
language after surgery event lies and buyer steals from me.. So i get a66
month ban and my listings aren't visible ??? But no one tells me this.. Hey
an agent on the other side of the world putting me out on the street. I
rubber how line it will Be before someone takes they item life because of
the Contemo and lies they freely
Message 54 of 1,311
See Most Recent

No sales

24 hours without a single sale........................First time that's happened in 14 years.

Message 55 of 1,311
See Most Recent

No sales

No.  You are meant to keep your asking prices the same (in spite of the rising fees AND inflation!) and swallow all the extra costs, offer free shipping, pay for promoted and be grateful for the crumbs you're left with at the end. 

For a lot of things you're better off taking to a boot sale, table sale or trading in at a second hand shop.  Instant cash, no posting required, no returns, no negative feedback!!   Especially if you are a private seller. It's not just other online marketplaces.  

In nature, everything takes the path of least resistance.  

Message 56 of 1,311
See Most Recent

No sales

I earn maybe 10% from sales. eBay used to be happy with the 13% but now
they want more . It is not economical for the tiny non significant eBay
user like me and eBay are doing all they can to get us out the door and
just let the big businesses be the only ones who can't survive on the ice
great eBay... while the fat cats sit in their ivory towers smoking their
Cubans and divining their fine wines they are smoking and drinking and
eating.. and I'll be begging on the streets because i can't afford to pay
their fees
Message 57 of 1,311
See Most Recent

No sales

@litp*records wrote:

For a lot of things you're better off taking to a boot sale, table sale or trading in at a second hand shop.  Instant cash, no posting required, no returns, no negative feedback!!   Especially if you are a private seller. It's not just other online marketplaces.  

For some large electronic items I've used Cash Converter's. Taking into account all the above I reckon I ended up with more money plus no stress. Larger items also seem to be susceptible to "minor damage" that require a partial refund. The higher post return cost of larger items seem to make them targets of partial refund requests.

Despite those saying hard times doom and gloom are responsible for low eBay sales, high street shops like Cash Converter's are busy doing a roaring trade.

Message 58 of 1,311
See Most Recent

No sales

Sometimes I wonder if ebay know themselves what they are any more - they go down the "preloved" route and sponser Love Island but dont seem to champion the "reseller" who is selling the preloved items - They encourage 99p Multi listing tat from China or ppl trying to manipulate the searches adding 99p "samples" to coax the buyer in (but gets flipping annoyed like I do and gives up)  Searched today for "relaxing massage oil" (which I sell) and a Candle was at the top of the best match - Im just baffled at the moment and hoping to ride this out and fingers crossed Ebay sort their act out and decide what they want to be and who they want to support but fees are a joke Greed, greed and more greed.

Message 59 of 1,311
See Most Recent

No sales

I get the impression lately that they want to be a cross between a designer boutique and Kwik Fit.  Trying to be "all things to all people" usually doesn't work.  Ebay should remember where it's soul lies - collectible Pez dispensers!  It should be the go-to place for everything you can't buy anywhere else - out of print books, cds, dvds, vintage things, antiques, collectibles, etc.. that was Ebay's heyday when everyone knew what the brand represented.  It used to be 99% auctions and most things managed to find their price.    

No offence to anyone selling car parts for a living here but, if I had a car I'd take it to a garage/mechanic, and not take my chances buying parts online.  I think most people would do the same.  But this is what Ebay have decided to push this year for some reason.  (Yes my account is fairly new for anyone wondering, my main account was registered in 2004).

Message 60 of 1,311
See Most Recent
Got business selling related questions? Start here: