Chinese Sellers with UK addresses?

richardsuperstar
Conversationalist

how come there is at present so many Chinese sellers on here who are allowed to put their despatch location as here in the UK?

I've found loads of items which are undercutting most UK sellers and they all show their location as in the UK but then have their registered company address details as in Hong Kong.

its pretty clear that these sellers dont have offices in the uk and are just putting this to stop them being filtered out when someone clicks on show uk only.

surely there should be some check done by ebay to ensure that if a company claims to be in a country the address needs to be verified..

Message 1 of 535
See Most Recent
534 REPLIES 534

UK Sellers did used to sell chinese etc items in masses in the past on all platforms, they were purchased direct from China and sold to people in the UK but once the chinese etc onslaught happened not only here but on all other sites those sellers saw a rapid drop in sales fro obvious reasons but even though it hit many real UK sellers hard you simply can't blame the chinese etc for a flawed system that allows it and most UK people would do the same in reverse if we could

I think like many already know half the products we see,buy and sell are made in China - Its not all tat some of it is actually quality, the main issue is mass produced items of low quality seem to be on the increase but then thats due to people from other countries buying said items, so who's really the bad guy here? the ones that keep buying it but complaning while they keep buying? or the ones that have an ever increasing demand?

As for the Returns to China - You dont ever need to return those items if the seller has claimed in the item location as EG Liverpool,UK

If it says China as the item location then thats the risk you take 

Some chinese stuff actually can be sold if your a UK seller that they themselves cant sell cheaper, their country still has rules they have to abide by

Message 201 of 535
See Most Recent

That's the problem items taking 3 weeks to arrive are Not in uk
Message 203 of 535
See Most Recent

I think youve missed the point i bought from a uk seller but have to return item to china which was not stated. Bigotry is not the issue most items are made in china and are excellent quality but when you buy from a shop you know you can return it there. The issue is misleading buyers as to where the item is being posted from
Message 204 of 535
See Most Recent

You do not in anyway have to return the item to china - The seller listed the item as being in the UK so they can pay for the postage to china if they want it back. 

The seller is the one at fault here not you and to be honest im starting to get sick of all the posts on all social media's about this happening with nothing being done about it.

Why do Ebay not make the sellers who have sent the item from china not from the listed location of UK pay for the return postage or refund and let the buyer keep the item?

Ebay are the ones losing out here which is so confusing

Message 205 of 535
See Most Recent

@gilliakenned-8 wrote:

You do not in anyway have to return the item to china - The seller listed the item as being in the UK so they can pay for the postage to china if they want it back. 

The seller is the one at fault here not you and to be honest im starting to get sick of all the posts on all social media's about this happening with nothing being done about it.

Why do Ebay not make the sellers who have sent the item from china not from the listed location of UK pay for the return postage or refund and let the buyer keep the item?

Ebay are the ones losing out here which is so confusing

Such sellers should be reported to eBay under their item location misrepresentation policy. eBay have indicated they will take a hard line against such sellers but, obviously, they can only do so if the sellers are reported.

Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
Message 206 of 535
See Most Recent

Every one know the reality about Chinese Seller, how ethically trade they are doing, no matter how much you advocate.
it seems you are one of the amongst them..
if you think its my personal opinion then please read from start and you will know. what genuine uk seller saying about them.
some decent uk seller left ebay and i feel sorry for them...
But I assure Other Uk seller what i am selling they cant even reach my product dust. 100 percent i am producing with my own units.
I dare them and challenge them with Quality...
i am not leaving field clear for them...i am born to challenge and accept challenge...Will Expand more and if any genuine uk seller need my help and support. i am always here for them.
Message 207 of 535
See Most Recent

@best.buy.items.limited wrote:

But I assure Other Uk seller what i am selling they cant even reach my product dust. 100 percent i am producing with my own units.

Unfortunately, eBay doesn't have a "quality" filter. You can filter by price and/or item location, but not by quality.

Most people selling mass-produced items that are sourced from the far east or that can easily be copied will struggle on eBay. This is because most buyers only purchase via eBay because they want to purchase the item they are interested in as cheaply as possible.

I believe eBay should make it clear if the seller - rather than the item location - is based outside the UK. If a consumer purchases from a business seller registered in the UK they have consumer rights that are enshrined in law. These rights do not exist if they buy from a business seller registered outside the UK (or the EU whilst we are still part of it).

Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
Message 208 of 535
See Most Recent

@best.buy.items.limited wrote:
Every one know the reality about Chinese Seller, how ethically trade they are doing, no matter how much you advocate.
it seems you are one of the amongst them..
if you think its my personal opinion then please read from start and you will know. what genuine uk seller saying about them.
some decent uk seller left ebay and i feel sorry for them...
i am not leaving field clear for them...i am born to challenge and accept challenge...Will Expand more and if any genuine uk seller need my help and support. i am always here for them.

I'm not going to claim that I've understood what you've posted here, but let me make my own position clear:

Not all Chinese sellers are untrustworthy. They don't all lie about item location and they don't all seek to avoid the payment of VAT.

Conversely, not all UK based sellers are entirely honest.

I strive to avoid buying from any dishonest seller, regardless of where they are based.

Message 209 of 535
See Most Recent

I just wonder why Chinese sellers is such a long term topic on these boards because no matter what is said on the topic Ebay never has & clearly never will do anything about it. (as with most topics raised on these boards).

Message 210 of 535
See Most Recent

If every Chinese seller was banned from ebay, it wouldn't be long before another group took their place on these boards.

Message 211 of 535
See Most Recent

@elmo7676 wrote:

If every Chinese seller was banned from ebay, it wouldn't be long before another group took their place on these boards.

The problem with Chinese sales is the money leaves the UK for good.

If I sell on ebay then the money often goes partly back into ebay uk to pay for CD's, CD cases, jiffy bags etc.

Message 212 of 535
See Most Recent

Its down to ebay to stop unfair advertising i dont object ti buying direct from china or anywhere else thats my choice and risk but it needs to be advertised as such and ebay must be aware of it
Message 213 of 535
See Most Recent

@nigel_paul_wright7557 wrote:

If I sell on ebay then the money often goes partly back into ebay uk to pay for CD's, CD cases, jiffy bags etc.

Two points.

1. Where do you think those UK suppliers buy CDs, CD cases, jiffy bags etc?

2. You can't dictate that people must buy from UK suppliers. There's a good case for buying locally, but ultimately the decision rests with whoever is spending money.

Message 214 of 535
See Most Recent

Well the money actually mostly goes to america,  UK only get taxes etc 

As Elmo has ponted out this country has a very low count of suppliers for most things now and even when your buying from a UK supplier for anything chances are it was imported from places like China and that in no way means china is to blame they saw a market and jumped on it,  the greed of the companies that existed in the UK most of which are now gone are to blame

Message 215 of 535
See Most Recent

@elmo7676 wrote:

@nigel_paul_wright7557 wrote:

Two points.

1. Where do you think those UK suppliers buy CDs, CD cases, jiffy bags etc?

2. You can't dictate that people must buy from UK suppliers. There's a good case for buying locally, but ultimately the decision rests with whoever is spending money.

At least buying from the Uk puts money back into Uk pockets.

Who is dictating anything ? It up to the individuals conscience where they buy from.

I choose not to buy from China and that is my right.

However, this week I got conned once again into buying from China ! and guess what, its late again !

Its time a sto pwas put to it.

Message 216 of 535
See Most Recent

@gilliakenned-8 wrote:

Well the money actually mostly goes to america,

The US only have a loan of that money until China call in their debts 😄

Message 217 of 535
See Most Recent

well, according to a recent article on Tamely eBay are at least saying they're doing something about it.
Message 218 of 535
See Most Recent

I think they quality businesses should desert eBay.
Message 219 of 535
See Most Recent

If only they had the wisdom to read these boards.

Message 220 of 535
See Most Recent
Got business selling related questions? Start here: