O/T Let's talk Footy.

Accy Staney were still 2-0 up the 88th minute against the League leaders Chesterfield earlier this afternoon...a goal in the 88th minute and an equalizer in the 90+4th minute cost up dearly...we need to play to the final whistle..switched off with 15 mins to go and cost us 2 valuable points.

"He who Dares" in this game.
Message 1 of 564
See Most Recent
563 REPLIES 563

O/T Let's talk Footy.

Catch you tomorrow Alan 😄

Message 61 of 564
See Most Recent

O/T Let's talk Footy.

Port Vale manager Jim Gannon refused to speak to the media after his side dropped out of the League Two play-off places following a 3-0 defeat at Accrington. Gannon was led inside the Crown Ground stand for his own safety while fans protested against him. There was also a scene at the end of the game where Vale defender Exodus Geohaghon and Valiants fans had a confrontation as the players left the pitch. Vale skipper Marc Richards said: "Obviously there is a lot of frustration in the camp. The fans pay their money and have every right to express their opinion. "I think it is a bit harsh. We are trying hard and we have got to stick together. There was a scene at the end where there was some criticism coming Ex's (Geohaghon) way and he didn't take it so well and had a pop back at them so we had to restrain him. "He is one of our team-mates and we will back him all the way. We let the manager down as we didn't play well today. It wasn't good enough but we are behind the manager. If we weren't we would be in free fall."

Message 62 of 564
See Most Recent

O/T Let's talk Footy.

YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

RANGERS 2 CELTIC 1 AND WE RETAIN THE CUP YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

CHELSEA 2 MAN CITY 0 ANOTHER WIN WE ARE ON THE MARCH

MAN UTD WERE LUCKY YESTERDAY AND WILL DROP POINTS BEFORE THE END OF THE SEASON SO THEY BETTER BEWARE:)

KEEP THE BLUE FLAG FLYING
Message 63 of 564
See Most Recent

O/T Let's talk Footy.

Well done to The Rangers Sy..And Chelski.

Message 64 of 564
See Most Recent

O/T Let's talk Footy.

a great days for us blues B-)

Message 65 of 564
See Most Recent

O/T Let's talk Footy.

Well done Sy we didn't deserve it today :_|

Hail Hail
Message 66 of 564
See Most Recent

O/T Let's talk Footy.

Anybody watch the Sunderland / Liverpool game yesterday - the ref was awful, never I have seen a game where the ref gave nearly all the decisions to the away  side. What made me laugh was he played an advantage and Liverpool had a shot at goal - they missed - so he blew up and took the ball back, having been at the Stadium of Light yesterday this just showed me the need to use a video ref or some other source to get the decisions correct.

Too much money in the game now to have four rate ref's. 

No wonder Steve Bruce went mad !!!   

Message 67 of 564
See Most Recent

O/T Let's talk Footy.

Sorry fourth rate refs

And well done the Gers

Message 68 of 564
See Most Recent

O/T Let's talk Footy.

Crewe 0 Accy Stanley 0

Good point away from home for us tonight, Another clean sheet and nice not to loose away from home...keeps us in he chasing pack for the last play-off spot. Come on you Reds!!!!!!!!!!

Message 69 of 564
See Most Recent

O/T Let's talk Footy.

Come on Stanley!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1-0 down after 22 mins away at Macclesfield. Now 2-1 up with goals from Captain Andy procter from all of 20 yards and a penalty from Phil Edwards. Now in the last minute of time added on...Oh No Macclesfeld score with all but the last kick of the game Now 2-2.

Message 70 of 564
See Most Recent

O/T Let's talk Footy.

The good news is that only Gillingham from outside the playoff zone can currently level with Accy if they win their game in hand, and Accy are currently 2 goals better off. Fingers crossed Accy keep on getting the results.

Message 71 of 564
See Most Recent

O/T Let's talk Footy.

Gutted :(But Man utd deserved the win but im still completly gutted :(:(:_|

KEEP THE BLUE FLAG FLYING
Message 72 of 564
See Most Recent

O/T Let's talk Footy.

Well Sy...Will the manager be looking for another job sometime soon?

Accy at home to Oxford on Saturday...Oxford's No 1 fan..Mr. Timmy Mallet will be there...more chance of him asking for my autograph....Lol.

Message 73 of 564
See Most Recent

O/T Let's talk Footy.

He does do that great mallett doodle signature though Alex. 🙂

Message 74 of 564
See Most Recent

O/T Let's talk Footy.

:-x

I'll be asking for one no doubt Nigel.

Message 75 of 564
See Most Recent

O/T Let's talk Footy.

That must have been so frustrating for you today Alex. It looks like it is going to the wire for Accy. Fingers crossed.

Watford's season ended two/three weeks ago, so I cannot complain about two 2-2 draws on the spin against promotion seeking opposition. Credit to them for not rolling over.

Message 76 of 564
See Most Recent

O/T Let's talk Footy.

Tough day at the office today mate..didn't really get going at all, looks like the extra games played over the last few weeks is catching up with the lads but we didn't conciede and again are unbeaten in our last 9 home games...results went with us today so nothing lost or gained...At home to Bradford next Saturday then a trip to high flying Shrewsbury on Easter Monday.

COME ON YOU REDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 77 of 564
See Most Recent

O/T Let's talk Footy.

First half goals from Luke Joyce, Captain Andy Procter and Sean McConville move Stanley into 5th place in league two. Tough away game on Monday at Shrewsbury...would be happy with a point to be honest.

Brian Flynn, Wales No 2 along side Garry Speed was there today...could have been watching Stanley's Joe Jacobson.

Results went our way on Friday and today some come on lads keep it going...two more games after Mondays trip at home next Saturday to Barnet who are next to the bottom of the league and then away to Burton Albion who were one place above them. It's gonna go down to the wire.

Message 78 of 564
See Most Recent

O/T Let's talk Footy.

Great result for Accy Alex, fingers crossed you stay in that top six.

I met Bryan Flynn back in 1999 at the Isle of Man football festival. He's a really nice guy.

Had a good time myself at footy today. Enjoyed being there again after a long time away. Hopefully not another 3 years before my next game. Things have not changed much - the old main stand with wooden seats is no more so the view looks strange, and the tunstiles are automated, and it is brilliant having the club shop back in Occupation Road. 1-0 up after a minute and they could have sent everyone home. It was a very poor game, typical of end of season with nowt to play for.

One thing I found awkward afterwards while waiting for Watford players to come out - I now struggle to recognise players as I have not been for so long. That is never a problem when you are a regular, and it did not cross my mind I would have that problem.

Message 79 of 564
See Most Recent

O/T Let's talk Footy.

That's why it's easier graphing after the game..at least this way you have the 90 mins of football to recognise the players in your mind..imagine if you had graphed before the match..it would have been a lot more difficult i'm sure. Pleased you added some graphs to that awesome looking shirt..

Message 80 of 564
See Most Recent