LOUISE HAS HAD HER OPERATION

My wife had her operation today to repair her heart the op took a little longer than expected(7and a half hours) but went well  i have no further info as we are not allowed into to see her until they wake her up tomorrow she is in a induced coma and in ICU but looks like it all went too plan im so relieved and felt a large weight lifted off my shoulders now it will be the recovery period but thats all under hand:):):):):):):):):):)

KEEP THE BLUE FLAG FLYING
Message 1 of 21
See Most Recent
20 REPLIES 20

that must have been a tough 7.5 hours Sy, glad it all went to plan, bet you can't wait to see her, all the best mate

Message 2 of 21
See Most Recent

All the very best Sy..Hope Louise is home soon.

"He who Dares" in this game.
Message 3 of 21
See Most Recent

Great news and hope shes home soon, best wishes to you both

Rob
Message 4 of 21
See Most Recent

Gald everything went well with the op Sy. All the best to you and your wife. Hope she has a speedy recovery.

Message 5 of 21
See Most Recent

Good to hear it all went well Sy - hope Louise has a speedy recovery
Message 6 of 21
See Most Recent

Glad Louise finally had her operation, and hope she has a speedy recovery. Do you have any fingernails left Sy?

Message 7 of 21
See Most Recent

Im glad i do not bite my finger nails Nigel i would probably only have stumps left very stressful day yesterday.
They have not woken Louise up yet hopefully they will by the time her Mum gets up too the hospital at 10.30 am .I will not get back up until Saturday now as i have the children too look after and being the hospital is in London it is not a easy drive but the worst part for us over now just the recovery period for Louise now but we have great family support:)
Message 8 of 21
See Most Recent

Some minor delays in waking Louise mainly blood pressure dropping but at last this has sorted itself out and she is now breathing for herself so will be gradually woken up over the course of the day will keep you informed:)
Message 9 of 21
See Most Recent

That's wonderful news, Sy. It must be such a relief to you all. All good wishes to Louise.

Message 10 of 21
See Most Recent

Suzanne this has been a ordeal for over a year now it is a huge relief and all your comments are very welcome and i will pass on your thoughts too Louise .
She is now awake well sort of as she is very tired and of course drugged up but she was talking too her mum so things a good and the hospital are pleased at how she is doing:)
Message 11 of 21
See Most Recent

Fantastic news Sy. I am thrilled for you all. Well deserved good news.

Message 12 of 21
See Most Recent

best of luck to her and hope she is well soon
Message 13 of 21
See Most Recent

My sincere best wishes to Louise for a speedy recovery Sy, i am pleased to hear all has gone to plan. 

It has been a long and difficult time for you both, and you have my admiration for the strength you have shown throughout.

All my best wishes.

Paul.

Message 14 of 21
See Most Recent

Thanks for all your kind sentiments she has been moved from ICU and is now in HDU (high dependence unit) fingers crossed she is suppose too move onto another ward tomorrow if she keeps improving she has had a few hic ups her blood pressure was high again for a little while today and she has a small amount of fluid on her lungs but nothing too be alarmed about the doctors said its normal and should be fine tomorrow .Its still all a worry but too me but i have accept she is in good hands at The Royal Brompton .
Will keep you all posted on how things are going when i know more:)
Message 15 of 21
See Most Recent

Sounds good Sy, and the Royal Brompton is a great hospital.

Message 16 of 21
See Most Recent

Very happy to hear everything went well Sy .

Hail Hail
Message 17 of 21
See Most Recent

Louise is now out of all the high dependence related wards and now on the recovery ward finaly got the go ahead to go in and see her so went up this morning and she is doing well been only allowed one allocated visitor the first few days and now she is in a normal ward then we were allowed in too visit :)She has a lovely view of the Shard from her ward rather impressive building.
Anyway Doctors have said if she keeps up this rate of recovery then she can come home Wednesday (fingers crossed) then its the slow process of building back up her strength and let her rib cage heal back together so 3 too 6 months they reckon .
So that is that i suppose i will let you all know when she gets home.

Once again thank you all for your support and thoughts and words you are a great bunch of guys and girls(suzanne:))

Message 18 of 21
See Most Recent

glad to here this sy , onwards and upwards

Message 19 of 21
See Most Recent

nice to hear good news on your wife mate,hoping for a quick recoverySmiley Happy

Message 20 of 21
See Most Recent