Message 2 of 19
See Most Recent

fabulous video of the sun chucking off a filament of magnetism thread

smile_cat

Message 3 of 19
See Most Recent

Stunning photo isn't it. Amazing what goes on up there in space we are not aware of. 

Message 5 of 19
See Most Recent

It is 🙂 apparently this is part of why astrology sometimes doesn't reflect real life :s

Message 6 of 19
See Most Recent

I can always remember my Dad had some very powerful Binoculars, amazing what could be seen looking through them, up to the sky and beyond. 

Message 7 of 19
See Most Recent

My dad had some too, but he never seemed to look through them or let anyone else. He also had a little telescope which I was unable to resist!

Message 8 of 19
See Most Recent

I think the Binoculars my dad had were what he used when he worked in the Merchant Navy. Sure that was where they came from. 

Shhhh, don't tell will you not Woman Wink But I am just thinking though surely he would have had to hand those in when he left working at sea. - (He left only due to the fact as a toddler I hid behind my mum's skirt, saying ''Who is that man'', when he was on home leave) - He said ''The time my little girl doesn't even recognise me is the time to pack in going to sea''.

He did the one last voyage that he had signed up for, then that was it. 

Message 9 of 19
See Most Recent

Not a word shall pass my lips!! What a good dad then 🙂

My dad wasn't a talker really, he worked in a shipyard but we were only sure of that because we saw his car there most weekdays

Any carried over items like that were imho paid for when the gov't flogged our post office, water, phones etc.

Message 10 of 19
See Most Recent

Thank you about not telling anyone. Woman Very Happy

Yes such a great dad I had. Never will be forgotten, and oh so much missed. 

Eventually my dad worked as a bus driver, in his own cab, singing away I expect in there. Woman LOL At times when I was older he took me with him for a few rides out, then into the bus wash, that was scary at first, then such fun. Woman Very Happy

Did you maybe spend some time there at the shipyard?. Sure if so it would have been fun. 

Message 11 of 19
See Most Recent

Yes 🙂 I did once or twice have a look round & sometimes went there on Sundays, by getting him to give me a lift home we could get him to take an afternoon off haha

There might be a psychic thing happening here, did you go out a short distance on a ship with him when you were tiny? Thoughts of black tea with no milk....

Message 12 of 19
See Most Recent

I did go out fishing with my dad on some odd weekends. We went Mackerel fishing. I felt sorry for two of them, so I put them back into the water. My Dad was well surprised with me doing that. More so as they were the biggest. Woman Surprised Woman LOL

I like tea strong, just a touch of milk, if that is anything to go by. Woman LOL

Message 13 of 19
See Most Recent

Well done, you're not a stargazy pie person then 🙂

'twas a sailors thing, black tea contains something that cures seasickness 🙂

Message 14 of 19
See Most Recent

Strangely enough I was fine in a boat, but get me into a car for a drive and I had travel sickness badly. Woman Frustrated I remember it was the smell of petrol that turned my tum. Cars now don't seem to give off that smell. I am okay these days. Woman Very Happy

Message 15 of 19
See Most Recent

My daughter used to get car sick in buses, she always loudly pointed out that she was NOT car sick, she was in fact BUS sick, a different thing altogether of course Man Surprised

Message 16 of 19
See Most Recent

Woman LOL Oh yes a big difference there. Woman Very Happy

Message 17 of 19
See Most Recent

Most certainly there is, I must be stupid! rainbow

Message 18 of 19
See Most Recent

Stunning