abusive buyer

Hi i hope some one can help, i have recently started a ebay business and has good sales this week,one of my first sales i'm havind issues with the buyer, , this person bought a item off me paid straight away and i posted straight away, on the delivery due date i noticed that the tracking had not up dated so i messaged her to see if  the package had been delivered, she said no, so the next day i phoned the postal sevice to see what the issue was,i print my own labels which include the package weight which i printed off, i took it to the post office for them to send, they ask me to put on the scales which i did they printed me a recite and i left, On tyhe due delivery day i messaged the buyer   

asking to keep me updated if the package had arrived, that evening she message me saying not arrived theis was the 25th october, i messaged her saying ill contact the courier.

first thing on 26th i phoned the courier (Royal Mail) regarding the package not being delivered they told me that the package was at the local sorting centre on hold due to the wrong posage weight on the reciet , The issue is i print me own labels and put the correct weight of 1.3kg however the ost office where i dropped it off told me to put the package on the scales which i did then they took it for mail collection.

it turns out the post office only put a weight of 500g when they scanned the label so it looked like i had under paid.

I messaged the buyer explaining there was a post office issue thats why the package had not been delivered, i refunded the seller £5 to cover the cost, I mesaged the seller with the information and explained what she needed to do, she would receive a card basicily sayying to pay the extra which i refunded, after me contacting her i got a load of abuse her telling me to sort o-it out and not to message her until i did saying its ll my fault and i need to sort it ECT ECT.

Even though i sent her proof of posting and the error the post office made, i sent her the label which clearly says pweight 1.3kg i also sent the post office reciete saying 500g which proves the post office mistake.

the last message she sent said  dont message me GAIN TO YOU HAVE SORTED IT AND ILLLET EBAY KNOW.

i'm a new ebay business ND I'M A HONEST PERSON, she even called me a conman even though i had sent all the proof of posting, i also sent the reciet the post office put the wrong weight in.

I've took it on mysely to redfund this horrible buyer hopefully i can get my package i sold back so i'm not at a loss

Message 1 of 5
See Most Recent
4 REPLIES 4

abusive buyer

I can understand that you are trying to be an exceptional seller but 2 things spring to mind from your post ,please don't think i'm having a dig !!!.

Firstly ,if you were taking it to the P.O. anyway it would have been better if you had just printed the address label and let P.O. price it.

Or ,if you plan to continue doing things the way you have been just double check the receipt.If you are buying postage online some posties take offence at your doing so.

I sold constantly for 17 years odd and never used a printer.I always put a hand written thankyou note in the parcel and hand wrote the address clearly.

The second thing is to not contact the buyer too much.All i ever did was message them a thanks for purchase and advise item was on it's way and give them any tracking number.

Too many messages can upset some buyers.If there is a problem they will be quick to let you know.

Message 2 of 5
See Most Recent

abusive buyer

Hi thanks for your reply.
I have been on eBay 15 years mainly as a buyer with not a single negative feedback.
I only set up my business last week and this was one of my first sales, all my other sales have arrived on time, yes your right it’s a learning curve for me to check the receipt, I’d already paid the postage for the weight of the package it’s the post office that’s made the error, I’m a honest person, when I posted the package it was cheaper than what she paid so straight away I refunded the difference to the buyer, the package was only due yesterday, I ask Royal Mail while on the phone can I pay the difference they said no as the card with the reference number has gone to the buyer, my issue here is I’ve wasted most of today trying to sort the issue out for her to tell me to sort it and called me a Conman.

Iv put a complaint in regarding what she said about me in the messages.

I am new to this and I’m not going to have negative feedback for something I’ve not done wrong

Ste

Sent from Outlook for iOS<>
Message 3 of 5
See Most Recent

abusive buyer

Buyers can't get negative feedback - alas! But good luck with your new business.

Message 4 of 5
See Most Recent

abusive buyer

I wasn’t planning on giving her negative feedback, I was concerned that she would leave me negative.

Sorted now , she can’t be bothered contacting the sorting office so she has decided she wants to cancel the order, know I will have to find out how I can get the package back to me

Ste

Sent from Outlook for iOS<>
Message 5 of 5
See Most Recent