No views of Listed items

I've noticed at least for the past month that most of the items i've been listing to sell have had no views.  I get no views for weeks and I notice Ebay ask me to promote my items in order to sell the item quicker. Some items I have to pay a fee for this. Why is this? I never used to get no views on my selling items before. Is this a new tactic Ebay have created to make more money? I would like to know this as I put some new items on and have had not one view. It seems funny. Have any one else noticed this?

Message 1 of 47
See Most Recent
46 REPLIES 46

Re: No views of Listed items

thanks sir

Message 41 of 47
See Most Recent

Amazon took a major chunk of Ebay's income stream over the years tbh and Ebay responded by trying to ape Amazon instead of doing what it was geared to do better. Rather than focussing almost exclusively (as it does now) on the big sellers for whom the "advanced promoted" BS can work in conjunction with high sales volumes. What they might not appreciate is that many smaller sellers they've been discouraging, would often spend their sales back on Ebay. Especially back in the Paypal days. 

Message 42 of 47
See Most Recent

There must be a issue I cannot even see a zero even though the legend is ticked. I have 4 watchers at present with no views visible. This is impossible 

Message 43 of 47
See Most Recent

Yes same for me I have near 5,000 feedbacks and have always had fairly decent views on items and sales, but as you stated NO VIEWS and not alot of sales ?? It seems fishy to me and then asked to pay whatever % to promote them ?. Evilbay get enough of our money already GREED I SUSPECT .. Not a Happy Ebay and I have been a ebay error for along time .. Dave UK 

Message 44 of 47
See Most Recent

That cannot be correct, an item I've had listed for 5 days has less views today than yesterday. It may be time to move to a better platform.

Message 45 of 47
See Most Recent

If people dont want your item it doesnt matter how much you promote it they still wont buy it.

I sell unpromoted and if it sells great and if not I dont care.

Message 46 of 47
See Most Recent

EBay manage views by some constipated new system 

not sure what their strategy is but willing to beyt it's for big sellers

like massive shops n the high street ..since when did they sell on eBay 

once upon a time you listed stuff and everyone could see it

now eBay chose who can view it by various algorithm sh it like things

Message 47 of 47
See Most Recent
Got Promoted Listings Related Questions? Start here: