ABSURD SALES FEES

I hope that one day the British government will introduce a usury law to address this practice. The Bay charges such huge fees for sold items, but it's nothing compared to how much money they can take for promoting an item. For example, I was selling Apple pencils with a price set at £63 per piece. After they deducted their fees, I was left with only £44, and I still need to pay for shipping .They stole  £19 from  £63 !  

These are thieving practices because there's no other way to describe them. I hope that they will be stopped one day. Perhaps it's time to move on and start selling through Amazon

Message 1 of 6
See Most Recent
5 REPLIES 5

ABSURD SALES FEES

So lets get this straight.  You are running a business on a private account, breaking Ebay policy and the law and yet state they are stealing from you? And you decided to press the button and promote your item, agreeing to the T's  & C's and then you are not happy with the fees?

It might be better for everyone if you did move to Amazon.

Message 3 of 6
See Most Recent

ABSURD SALES FEES

plpmr
Experienced Mentor

adding to the advice already given -

"usury" so you are claiming that eBay are lending you money?

Message 4 of 6
See Most Recent

ABSURD SALES FEES

You have to allow for ebays fee's when you decide on the price of your item.

I sold an item on Etsy and was charged 33% !

Message 5 of 6
See Most Recent

ABSURD SALES FEES

Amazon fees are high. You also have a lot more hurdles to jump over to get ungated to sell a brand / product. It isn't like eBay where you can just set up an account and list fast as a new seller. 

Message 6 of 6
See Most Recent
Got Promoted Listings Related Questions? Start here: