💬 Weekly Chat with the eBay Community Team- 19.07.23 @2pm

Hi everybody!

The Community Chat will open at 2pm and will remain open until 3pm on Wednesday. After that it will be closed for further questions. Of course, we will continue to take care of answering any questions that may still be unanswered—We’ll get to everything as quickly as possible. 

Please ask your questions in the thread below. In order to be able to answer your questions as quickly as possible, we ask you to have one question per post. Of course, you can make as many posts as you like in the Chat- the more the merrier!

Our eBay Community Team is made up of marco@ebay , dave@ebay , and katie@ebay . Between us, we have knowledge in Buying, Selling, ProTrader, Fulfilment, Parts & Accessories, Payments, and the Community itself. Anything we aren’t sure on we’ll know the people who will be! Please ask us any questions you may have and we’ll do all we can to support. 

To ask your question, click Reply in the lower-right corner of this post, type your question, and click Reply between 2pm and 3pm. The community team will answer each incoming question in chronological order, and will quote the original question in each answer. 

Please note that any reply without a question to the community team or discussion replies may be removed from the chat. We want to keep on track to get through as many questions as possible. We welcome all discussion to be moved to the discussion boards. 

If you missed the weekly chat time, please ask your question in the community boards and tag us or we will be back next week with another chat! 

Many thanks,

Your eBay Community Team

Available via Email for Community-related inquiries:
contactcommunity@ebay.comeBay
Message 1 of 74
See Most Recent
73 REPLIES 73

Impressions appear to be down for a number of sellers in the business community.  Which is then also correlating directly with sales. One member has even been told by a rep they have a soft block on their account.  Can someone please have a look at the thread and respond? 

Message 2 of 74
See Most Recent

Is there going to be a way of sending offers to buyers for multivariation listings? 

Message 3 of 74
See Most Recent

Regarding this thread (post 96) https://community.ebay.co.uk/t5/Business-Seller-Board/Impressions-broken-again/td-p/7442399/page/6

Quote I called and spoke with someone at eBay who said we had a 'soft block' on our account, to stop us going over the VAT limit - but we're VAT registered?! He said eBay was 'thinking of us' and didn't want us to have to pay more VAT so they limited our sales each day.

Can you confirm that eBay do this please? And if they don't, why are CS saying that eBay have 'soft blocks'?

Many of us experience similar where sales seem to be 'capped' and when we reach a certain level they stop. I know it's been denied but this needs to be addressed, either it's true or the CS agent in question needs to be educated.

Message 4 of 74
See Most Recent

Hi,

I recicved an email regarding a coupon, replied back to him and since then its been radio silence, just wondering if you have any information or if it was just a mistake from ebay? I've tried emailing since and again no answer, just wondering if you can confirm if this person is real and any reason behind the silence towards a cusomter of the company he represents?

Message 5 of 74
See Most Recent

The server down message keeps popping up frequently and I haven't been able to ammend variations from the active listing page all morning. I have cleared cache and cookies. What is the issue? 

Message 6 of 74
See Most Recent

When trying to filter purchases to UK only, why are sellers who have registered in other countries still showing up? 

Message 7 of 74
See Most Recent

my sales have stopped, impressions/page views/watch count all down / stopped.

what is going on ? I list popular items, been using ebay 20 yrs so know how to drive it, but sales slowed in June, stopped in July. 

same as everybody else, please explain what ebay have done, why no* sales for me this month

* ok, £46 of sales in a month is a sale but it's not the £500+ on a slow month...

Message 8 of 74
See Most Recent

When a buyer returns an item under a false reason, we can report them but how can we follow the case to see the return label fees are credited? 

Also will there be a way to block buyers that open x amount of cases, similar to those that don't pay? 

Message 9 of 74
See Most Recent

It seems the community is split in two. Ine half thriving, and the other half seemingly switched off. I cannot understand it as those that are thriving appear to  be doing nothing different the those that are seemingly switched off.

The divide is so clear  i don't blame all of those thriving, saying that the others are peddling conspiracy theories.

What are ebay going to do to deal with this divide?

Message 10 of 74
See Most Recent

@keelinge wrote:

Is there going to be a way of sending offers to buyers for multivariation listings? 

Hi keelinge, thanks for your message.

We wouldn't have information on this at the moment, but I will double check this for you and update you later. In case this is not possible at the moment, I will make sure to pass your feedback on, so this can be taken into consideration for future updates. 

Thank you,

Marco

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
eBay
Message 11 of 74
See Most Recent

Hi, I had a request by a customer for a bespoke custom order. So i created a listing for this and i send them the direct link to that particular listing taking them directly to it. They made a purchase but yet i had a promoted listing charge on the ppurchase? Now to me a promoted listing is when someone searches for an item genrally and then my item is "promoted" higher up the list, if they purchase then i am charged. Also if my item appears in a ad somewhere like google and is purchased then i am charged a promoted listing fee.

I do not expect me to be charged a promoted listing fee when the item has not been promoted in anyway shape or form by yoursleves and is purchased directly from a link i sent them.

Please can this be explained?

Message 12 of 74
See Most Recent

@keelinge wrote:

The server down message keeps popping up frequently and I haven't been able to ammend variations from the active listing page all morning. I have cleared cache and cookies. What is the issue? 

Was going to post something along the same lines, there are a lot of problems that are quite frankly ridiculous for a platform of this size...

Can someone check why the feedback doesn't load when you click the link on your eBay seller hub to see your own feedback.
There is a lot of mention in other threads about there being a lot of technical hiccups in the technical difficulties section on here and this seems to be another one.
Can eBay test stuff when they roll it out or is there another issue, as it usually tells me "it is us, not you, our server is down" blah blah blah

Look at how many threads there are in this section syaing the same things

https://community.ebay.co.uk/t5/Technical-Issues/bd-p/TechnicalDifficulties

When sellers are held to such a high accord, it is a shame the platform barely works and no one seems to care?

Thanks
Russ

We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.
- Albert Einstein
Message 13 of 74
See Most Recent

The variations link isn't working today.

I went to alter a stock number on the variation and guess what... It's not me, it's you!!

lord_and_lady_m_1-1689772374545.png

click that and the page has a second of struggle then goes to the server down page

Message 14 of 74
See Most Recent

@keelinge wrote:

Thanks for your question, keelinge

If you PM a screenshot of this issue, I can report this to IT, so this can be reviewed.

Thank you,

Marco

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
eBay
Message 15 of 74
See Most Recent

Private sellers appear to have frequent 70-80% off fvf promotions. Could businesses sellers be offered some incentives as well as a lot of 'private' sellers are just businesses that are trading at an advantage to those who abide by the rules.

Message 16 of 74
See Most Recent

@keelinge wrote:

Impressions appear to be down for a number of sellers in the business community.  Which is then also correlating directly with sales. One member has even been told by a rep they have a soft block on their account.  Can someone please have a look at the thread and respond? 

Hi @keelinge 

I cant comment on anything that may be happening on another account but I did speak to the Tech Team about the reports on that thread. There was no tech issue causing a drop in impressions but it I am looking into the impressions report to see if there are any issues with the report itself. I'm waiting on the team that deals with the report to come back to me. 

I'll update the thread once I have more information.

Thanks,

Dave

eBay
Message 17 of 74
See Most Recent

Can someone look and see why I cannot reply to threads in the member to member support section?
As talented as I am, I'm yet to find a way to help people without actually being able to talk or write to them.

Thanks
Russ

We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.
- Albert Einstein
Message 18 of 74
See Most Recent

I was given  a turn on selling last week. I hadn't changed anything to warrant being switched on, but I was please.

Then my turn was over. You can probably guess when the turn stopped.  What is happening?

lord_and_lady_m_2-1689772582237.png

Message 19 of 74
See Most Recent

Could a function be added so that sellers can see the number of images on listings from the active seller page, rather than having to go into each individually?

Message 20 of 74
See Most Recent
About this Weekly Chat!

Welcome to the Weekly Chat with the eBay Community Team! Unless otherwise noted, chats occur every Wednesday from 2pm to 3pm.

Our Community Team will be in the Chats to help with the questions.

If you have multiple questions please open a post per question so we can get back to them individually. If it's something we can't answer right away we will get back to you after the chat has finished.