💬 Weekly Chat with the eBay Community Team- 19.07.23 @2pm

Hi everybody!

The Community Chat will open at 2pm and will remain open until 3pm on Wednesday. After that it will be closed for further questions. Of course, we will continue to take care of answering any questions that may still be unanswered—We’ll get to everything as quickly as possible. 

Please ask your questions in the thread below. In order to be able to answer your questions as quickly as possible, we ask you to have one question per post. Of course, you can make as many posts as you like in the Chat- the more the merrier!

Our eBay Community Team is made up of marco@ebay , dave@ebay , and katie@ebay . Between us, we have knowledge in Buying, Selling, ProTrader, Fulfilment, Parts & Accessories, Payments, and the Community itself. Anything we aren’t sure on we’ll know the people who will be! Please ask us any questions you may have and we’ll do all we can to support. 

To ask your question, click Reply in the lower-right corner of this post, type your question, and click Reply between 2pm and 3pm. The community team will answer each incoming question in chronological order, and will quote the original question in each answer. 

Please note that any reply without a question to the community team or discussion replies may be removed from the chat. We want to keep on track to get through as many questions as possible. We welcome all discussion to be moved to the discussion boards. 

If you missed the weekly chat time, please ask your question in the community boards and tag us or we will be back next week with another chat! 

Many thanks,

Your eBay Community Team

Available via Email for Community-related inquiries:
contactcommunity@ebay.comeBay
Message 1 of 74
See Most Recent
73 REPLIES 73

Re: 💬 Weekly Chat with the eBay Community Team- 19.07.23 @2pm

@petals-and-paws wrote:

Hi dave@ebay - I'm the member who was told that I had a soft block on my account, I can assure you that I was told that it was so 'I didn't make too many sales' due to the VAT threshold and that there were no other issues with my account. If you'd like to send me a message I'd be happy to provide more details.

Hi @petals-and-paws,

I'll reach out to you after the chat, that's definitely not something that we would do. I'll reach out to the guys in Customer Support to have the call listened to.

Leave it with me for a little bit and I'll get this actioned. 

Thanks,

Dave

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
eBay
Message 61 of 74
See Most Recent

@ducatimondo wrote:

Why is there a limit of up to 5,000 members that you can add the blocked bidders list?

The conduct of buyers lately, abusing policies, making bogus return requests, claiming items have't arrived that show delivered, using or braking items and then wanting a return, retuning items damaged or missing packaging and general being nastly to sellers when we have done nothing wrong all mean that limit will soon be used up.

Is there a way to find out how many are already on the list without counting them?

Thanks
Russ

Thanks for your question, ducatimondo.

That's correct, the limit is 5,000. The reason why is because any more than this would be excessive and could limit your number of sales. 

Regarding your question about how to count them, this wouldn't be possible without counting them manually. However, once you reach the limit, you will see a message saying that you have reached the maximum number allowed.

Thank you,

Marco

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
eBay
Message 62 of 74
See Most Recent

@keelinge wrote:

Would there be a way of showing the amount a seller would recieve when they sell an item? at the bottom of the page when they list. It would be useful for a number of sellers in the community that are shocked by the fees they receive at the end. It could have a section with 'you will save x when using the 80% off promotion' for example for private sellers. 

Hi @keelinge,

This is a great idea and I'll take note of it. Listing fees are shared when listing and there will be information available to sellers about the fees per category. As it is a site with loads of options, offers, bids etc this number can vary and can be flexible.

Thanks,

Katie 

eBay
Message 63 of 74
See Most Recent

@eco-green-chicken wrote:

Marco - there clearly IS a problem, otherwise I wouldn't be here trying to solve it.

sales do not "stop" on the change of a specific month. 

ebay applied limits to my ( perfect ) account without telling me, then let me ? have higher limits, but still no sales.... 

so why have my sales stopped, views/watches/impressions all dropped by 90% ? it's not the products, time of year, wars, or strikes, or any variable I can control....

either way if sales do not improve on ebay for me, by end of month I will close my account.

Thanks for your question, eco-green-chicken

As advised before, this is being reviewed. Once we have an update, we will be posting an update on the threads that are querying about this topic.

Thank you,

Marco

eBay
Message 64 of 74
See Most Recent

@pg_kicks wrote:

Could you please give feedback to the team who are in charge of the now updated AI help bot, it is terrible, when you want to contact Authentication Guarantee scheme because they never actually refund a customer it asks for the order number which you give from an option of all the items I have sold, then says sorry we cant find that purchase. Shock because its not a purchase on my account as I'm the seller and the bot brought up all my sales. You are then stuck in a loop with a bot created by somebody who hasnt a clue on eBay, so you just have to keep repeating speak to agent until it finally caves.

Hi @pg_kicks 

Thanks for the feedback, I'll forward it to be reviewed. 

In the mean time if your issue hasn't been resolved I can reach out to the guys on the Authentication Team for you. PM me the order number and with a quick note on what happened and I'll forward it to the guys.

Thanks,

Dave

eBay
Message 65 of 74
See Most Recent

@lord_and_lady_m wrote:

All items so i'm not going to work that out, and is there really a point to me screenshotting the its not you its us page?

Thanks for getting back to me, lord_and_lady_m.

Perfect, thanks for letting me know. I will report to our IT team that all listings are experiencing the same issue, I will then post an update here for you, once they get back to me.

Thank you,

Marco

eBay
Message 66 of 74
See Most Recent

@keelinge wrote:

Could the multivariation listing fuction be changed or at least the search parameters as it is incredibly frustrating as a buyer to see the 99p item is a sample or something else completely irrelevant in order for sellers to manipulate a search. Ie is you are searching for packaging materials, you have to go into all the pages to select the option you want to even begin to start comparing prices. 

Hi @keelinge,

This would be against policy and we would ask that you report these listings for being a "choice listing".

Our teams will review and take any needed action.

Thanks,

Katie 

eBay
Message 67 of 74
See Most Recent

@ak_craft_crazy wrote:

Hi,

I dont want it looking into as i have received a refund for this but according to one of your representatives, this is considered a "promoted listing". How can this be when you haven't promoted anything?

My next queryto this is how many times have you charged me a promoted listing fee without actually promoting the lisitng?

Thanks for getting back to me, ak_craft_crazy.

Without me being able to look into the transaction in question, it would be hard for me to confirm why was a promoted listing fee applied to your transaction.

If you feel that this could have potentially happened before, you can go through your transactions to double check everything is ok. If you find something that you believe it could be a mistake, you can contact us again in the way you did, and we will be happy to review that and take actions accordingly.

Thank you,

Marco

eBay
Message 68 of 74
See Most Recent

@swiss_expert_uk wrote:

dave@ebay wrote:

@keelinge wrote:

Impressions appear to be down for a number of sellers in the business community.  Which is then also correlating directly with sales. One member has even been told by a rep they have a soft block on their account.  Can someone please have a look at the thread and respond? 

Hi @keelinge 

I cant comment on anything that may be happening on another account but I did speak to the Tech Team about the reports on that thread. There was no tech issue causing a drop in impressions but it I am looking into the impressions report to see if there are any issues with the report itself. I'm waiting on the team that deals with the report to come back to me. 

I'll update the thread once I have more information.

Thanks,

Dave

Hi Dave, I updated the drop in organic impressions thread yesterday, not sure if you saw the recent posts? 

https://community.ebay.co.uk/t5/Business-Seller-Board/Impressions-broken-again/td-p/7442399/page/5

yesterday a large simultaneous drop in promoted  impressions for many sellers, has not recovered so far. Are you looking into yesterdays reports? Thanks. 

Hi @swiss_expert_uk,

I'm not fully up to date on the thread but I still working on it this side. I have a contact on the promoted listings team now so I'll get the details and get them to check over it.

Ill post an update once I have one. 

Thanks,

Dave

eBay
Message 69 of 74
See Most Recent

@hatsford wrote:

I ask this every few months but nothing ever changes.

so, with no expectations, is there  chance someone can fix  some of the broken issues in the dispatch/tracking.

It would be really nice to add a tracking number and it stay added, and not get an error page .

It would also be helpful it orders which were marked as dispatched, didn't either stay in the awaiting dispatch, or randomly re-appear in them a few days later.

It takes almost as long to 'tell' ebay that the order has been sent, then it does to physically pack and send it.

Worse offenders are where one customer has bought a few different items 

Hi hatsford, thanks for your message.

This sounds like some technical issues we experienced before, and they are now resolved. However, if you are still experiencing this issues, please feel free to open a thread on this on the Postage board, and you can tag me if you wish, so I can look into it for you.

Thank you,

Marco

eBay
Message 70 of 74
See Most Recent

@hollybee4ever wrote:

The selling page format has changed to a simplified but abysmal app style layout. When going to the bottom of the page it says mobile/classic view. When clicking classic view it takes you to the homepage but when clicking the selling link again it's the mobile page once again.

Hi @hollybee4ever,

If you are using a mobile device it is more aimed towards buying. There will be limited access to selling tools in the app which can be the easiest on a phone.

Depending on your browser it may refresh back to the mobile version when a link is selected. This is not something our site is influencing.

Thanks,

Katie 

eBay
Message 71 of 74
See Most Recent

@messier44000 wrote:

Any plans to introduce a ðŸ‘Ž / not helpful icon to replies.

This is a genuine question, as we can do this on your you-tube channel 

and numerous other chat forums.

Hi messier44000, thanks for your message.

No, this is something we are not planning to do, as we want to keep our community with a positive enviroment.

Thank you,

Marco

eBay
Message 72 of 74
See Most Recent

@lord_and_lady_m wrote:

I've been to the roadshows. I've spoken directly in person and via email with some of the people that presented at Birmingham.

The divide is clear if you read the business seller boards. You're either doing great or you're not. Even those that are the exact same category and products are split. Very much like in the switch on or off lottery, some win and some lose.

It's very odd that impressions have collapsed for some. And it's not the reporting. If sales hadnt collapsed then the impressions wouldn't be being raised. But impressions dropped and so did sales / clicks etc. That's not a reporting error. Literally, someone has typed an if statement in the code. If sellers name starts with N or greater than you're in team B, else team A and switched off!

Hi @lord_and_lady_m ,

We do not switch off sales for anyone based on any kind of a divide and there is definitely not any code that would create this divide.

There can of course be some sellers who sell more than others but that is not something that we control.

Thanks,

Dave

eBay
Message 73 of 74
See Most Recent

@keelinge wrote:

Dave I just tried the link you sent and it comes up with: 

Unfortunately, you're not currently eligible for a selling limit increase.You may need to build up your selling history or wait until your current monthly limit is reset before you can request another increase to your selling limits.

I have been on ebay for over 20 years and have feedback over 41,000. How can I i need to build up my selling history?

Hi @keelinge 

That sounds like the standard response when an account is not eligible for an increase at this time, you may have recently had an increase or you aren't approaching the limit on your account. 

Keep an eye on the limits section in seller hub and you will be able to see when you are hitting your limit. You should be able to make a request after that.

Thanks,

Dave

eBay
Message 74 of 74
See Most Recent
About this Weekly Chat!

Welcome to the Weekly Chat with the eBay Community Team! Unless otherwise noted, chats occur every Wednesday from 2pm to 3pm.

Our Community Team will be in the Chats to help with the questions.

If you have multiple questions please open a post per question so we can get back to them individually. If it's something we can't answer right away we will get back to you after the chat has finished.