Purchasing a truck through someone who says they are selling thru Ebay

Hello,  I was offered to buy a truck today from someone that told me they needed my name,  and phone number so that they could send it to eBay notifying them that I would be the purchaser.  They offered free delivery and eBay Protection Plan also.

Since then,  I have received an Invoice for $1,500.00 which says it's from eBay,  and includes the Buyer Protection Plan in the invoice with a phone number for me to call to verify the plan through eBay Customer Support,  phone number 1-858-413-7501.

They have told me to download and pay the invoice and the truck will be delivered to me.

Somehow,  I feel that this is a scam and that they are scheming people left and right over a truck they don't even have!  

I need your opinion on the matter as to whether this is a scheme or what?

Sincerely William A. Haight 

whaight@cfl.rr.com

View Entire Topic

USA Motors Category policies and payments differ from this, the UK site ... return to your > ebay.com < home site to seek advice from the USA Community Centre

Home - The eBay Community

For UK BUYER information ... eBay UK do not hold deposits or offer a Trial period, Escrow or Delivery/Shipping service for a Vehicle which may not even exist ... Do not pay anything including a holding deposit until you have seen and examined the Vehicle personally.

Cash on inspection/collection is the safest and best payment method for vehicles ... or ... mutually agreed Bank Transfer after you have seen and examined the vehicle and agreed the purchase, the seller then releases the Vehicle and documents to you ...

No PayPal payments including holding deposits should be made as there is absolutely No Buyer payment protection offered for Collection items/Vehicles.

Ask a question