More scams, this one from USA?

Look out for this one, second I've had this week. 

Alright,

I will like to offer you £900 GBP include the shipping cost so kindly get back to me with your PayPal email address and full name or send me a money request to my PayPal email address (lgrniller AT gmail DOT com) also you shipping the item for my Niece in Rotherham, UK as a surprised gift, await your positive response soonest..

Thanks.      

So good that eBay can keep both feet in the lifeboat. These people can roam across the platform with impunity!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

red_magpie
Experienced Mentor

The one thing you could do is report the seller for soliciting an off-eBay sale.

EBay will probably take attempted fee evasion more seriously than trying to scam sellers!

Unfortunately, even if they're removed they'll soon be at it again on another account.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

I see you are using Packlink!! Have you checked what if any compensation they would pay if lost or damaged. Whether they pay anything you would still have to refund the buyer in full.

Packlink deliver NOTHING they just pass on to Hermes to wreck or lose.

Hi

Yes that is a well known scam 😞

They get someones details and then send a FAKE but very real looking email purporting to be from Paypal saying you have been paid when actually you have not.

Usually they target new members with high value items with totally the wrong postage.......which shows the sellers inexperience.

Unfortunately people do fall for it and we then have to give them the bad news.

Block people who contact you trying to do any off Ebay deal or scam you.

Blocking bidders and buyers | eBay

Ask a question