Hi I just gave out my email for customer to pay extra for postage

Hi just given my email for customer to pay extra for Express postage and now I'm panicking 

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Why are you panicking...?  Buyers can't do anything with it except use it to pay you or to email you.

@dollysdollies 

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

red_magpie
Experienced Mentor

No need to panic! The risk is when scammers ask or your email, and then send a convincing fake email "from PayPal" pretending that you have been paid, and telling you to post the item.

Nothing like this is likely to happen in the present situation.

By the way, if your buyer as already paid the full amount stated in the listing I don't think this arrangement to upgrade the postage will count as a split payment. The sum it sold for is all that eBay will be concerned with.

Strictly speaking you've unwittingly managed to avoid paying eBay's 10% fee on the extra postage cost, but I think they will survive!

Why? It is the buyer who takes the risk as with a split payment they no longer have full buyer protection. All you have to do is see that you get paid before posting. Make sure you add he tracking to your ebay listing.

Buyer should have asked first, then you could have sent a revised invoice. Two Paypal Payments means two lots of Paypal Fees.

There's nothing wrong with doing that.  It's only relatively recently that buyers and sellers stopped receiving each other's email addresses from eBay and Paypal.

Ask a question