Has anyone else noticed that if you give a negative review it doesn't get published?

It is very rare for me to give a negative review but recently a gave a 1 star review and commented on the extremely slow delivery and also on the poor manufacturing quality of the item. I considered the review to be fair - I pointed out the poor and good points of the product and included photos. The review wasn't published so I left second negative review which also wasn't published. This has made me think twice about trusting positive reviews on eBay. Has anyone else had experienced this? 

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

You're not understanding the difference between a product review (which is linked to the product manufacturer only, not to the Ebay transaction) and seller feedback (which is linked to the Ebay transaction).

When you review a product, you must review only the product.  That's what product reviews are for.  If you mention anything that has nothing at all to do with the product, such as slow delivery, your review will quite naturally not be published.

Product reviews are not controlled by Ebay, by the way.  Ebay only has control over seller and buyer feedback.

@kevbell007 

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

I doubt that product reviews are anything to do with Ebay. Not all reviews will get published and it is possible that some will be removed. Complain to the Manufacturer or Seller.
plpmr
Experienced Mentor

Adding to the advice already given -

your neutral feedback is still there -

“Extremely slow delivery. Item is very poor quality. Stainless steel post is OK.”

And the seller left you feedback explaining -

“Slow delivery because of Royal Mail. They have suspended delivery in some areas.”

Ask a question