Soft touch Britain?

The FIVE dead sperm whales that washed up on beaches in Lincolnshire are already claiming benefits, in another example of how soft touch Britain will open its borders to ANYONE.

benefits_whale.jpg

“By now the sperm whales are probably living in a massive ten bedroom house in the outskirts of Boston,” said one hysterical man. “There’s probably some jobsworth from Lincolnshire county council hand feeding them squid and octopus at the taxpayers expense.”

Others have voiced concern at exactly how the five dead sperm whales, widely speculated to have come from the Mediterranean, will integrate into the UK.

“Will they even try and learn English, or will they just stick to emitting a directionally focused beam of clicks and creaks? And will they just lie there, dead and rotting, not even trying to look for work?” said one man concerned at the amount of dead whales that can come to the UK without a valid passport.

“Some sperm whale pods can contain over twenty animals, so are these five dead whales just trying to get their foot in the door so the rest of them can have a cosy life in the UK?”

meanwhile our own whales are probably at the back of the queue !!

http://www.thepoke.co.uk/2016/01/26/soft-touch-britain-five-dead-whales-already-claiming-benefits/

We are many,They are few
Message 1 of 13
See Most Recent
12 REPLIES 12

Soft touch Britain?

Lets hope they do better than Elmo did in Merseyside.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-35407714

Message 2 of 13
See Most Recent

Soft touch Britain?

The beaching of those poor whales was really sad. I don't know who the people are who wrote that piece, but personally I don't find the death of those whales to be a suitable subject for crass jokes. I hope that when the research is done they can find out why they died, and maybe try and prevent it happening again.

Message 3 of 13
See Most Recent

Soft touch Britain?

Nobody has ever speculated that whale beaching is due to the animals trying to head in the direction they want to go (in the case of those five, West) but the land is in the way?

It's life Jim, but not as WE know it.
Live long and prosper.

Message 4 of 13
See Most Recent

Soft touch Britain?

They navigate using geomagnetic fields which in many places run parallel to the coast but run perpendicular into the coast in the Wash and many cetacean live strandings are concentrated in areas where the geomagnetic field is perpendicular to the coastline.

That has been a theory since the 80s

All that we are is what we have thought.
Message 5 of 13
See Most Recent

Soft touch Britain?

I read somewhere that this kind of beaching has been recorded for hundreds of years, The same article mentioned that whales can suffer from pneumonia and that might cause them to become disoriented, is there any truth in that or is it supposition.

Message 6 of 13
See Most Recent

Soft touch Britain?

Strandings happen all the time so it's not particuarly unusual except that Sperm Whales aren't normally in the North Sea as it's very shallow for a deep-diving squid-eating whale.

They may have been confused and also starving in which case any pollutants accumulated in their blubber could be released into their systems. Also sadly they swallow waste like plastic bags etc. that block their digestive system.

Pneumonia - I don't know about that, but they might have parasites that disorient them.

They are very social and tend to follow each other so unfortunately if one heads to shallow water others follow. Smiley Sad  And it is very shallow for a long way out from the coast over the saltmarshes and mudflats in the Wash (plus big tides that go out quickly).

Message 7 of 13
See Most Recent

Soft touch Britain?

Thank you Suzie Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 13
See Most Recent

Soft touch Britain?

I was very upset to see your link about that poor dog with every bone broken. Heartbreaking.

Man Sad I can't understand how someone could treat an animal like that and cause it so much pain and suffering.

Message 9 of 13
See Most Recent

Soft touch Britain?

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/percy-pug-defies-odds-survive-10790939

It's life Jim, but not as WE know it.
Live long and prosper.

Message 10 of 13
See Most Recent

Soft touch Britain?

By all accounts the dog had a wonderful nature, it's an horrific story the like of which I hope I never see again. Humans can be so stupid.

Message 11 of 13
See Most Recent

Soft touch Britain?

At least that has a happy ending.  The poor dog dumped in a Birkenhead cemetary had injuries so bad he had to be put down.

Message 12 of 13
See Most Recent

Soft touch Britain?

Not such a happy happy ending for the whales, what an ignominious end for such magnificent animals.  Smiley Sad

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lincolnshire-35422380

Message 13 of 13
See Most Recent