Scanning photographs.

Technical question here folks. Can anyone tell me why my printer/scanner scans in black and white only. If I scan a colour photograph, it goes to my laptop ok, but it is in black and white only. It has to be a simple thing to correct but I don't know where to start.😐

Message 1 of 10
See Most Recent
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Scanning photographs.

I accessed the scanner through my computer, and changed the setting to colour, as opposed to grayscale as suggested by you folks. Simples! 😀😀 Is feeling a little smug now! Thank you all!,

Message 10 of 10
See Most Recent
9 REPLIES 9

Scanning photographs.

My scanner brings up a box on the PC screen. If you are hitting scan on the scanner, default settings may apply. If I go to scanner on the PC I get the box of options, including preview. The screen shows drop down options to change settings, if I am scanning a lot of stuff and want those to be default settings, or I can open it further to change more details..b/w, greys ale/ colour. If it's a photo. Resolution.

Message 2 of 10
See Most Recent

Scanning photographs.

The easiest way to check your settings is to go through Windows Paint ,every windows computer has it

Please do not feed the Troll
Message 3 of 10
See Most Recent

Scanning photographs.

in yer options the greyscale box will be ticked.

untick it, or tick full colour option.

@astrologica wrote:

Technical question here folks. Can anyone tell me why my printer/scanner scans in black and white only. If I scan a colour photograph, it goes to my laptop ok, but it is in black and white only. It has to be a simple thing to correct but I don't know where to start.😐

What The Deuce
Message 4 of 10
See Most Recent

Scanning photographs.

Agree with Lynda. If you scan by going through your computer -> to devices and printers, choose the printer and then choose 'scan document', rather than pressing scan on the printer you should see a preview option where you can change from grayscale or b&w to colour. Then see what it looks like when you press preview and if OK then press the scan button on your screen.

Hope that works for you

All that we are is what we have thought.
Message 5 of 10
See Most Recent

Scanning photographs.

Ok......thank you for your suggestions. I normally scan just from the scanner and it goes to the Lappy. I have a new Lappy and just managed to connect the scanner to it wirelessly ( a minor miracle in itself😀) so I will try accessing the scan function on the Lappy. It's Windows 10.....just getting used to that too😧. I will be back to let you know if I can fix it!

Message 6 of 10
See Most Recent

Scanning photographs.

Happy to say that it's all sorted! I can now scan in colour! Thank you so much for all your help.🙂🙂

Message 7 of 10
See Most Recent

Scanning photographs.

Well, tell us how you fixed it?

It's life Jim, but not as WE know it.
Live long and prosper.

Message 8 of 10
See Most Recent

Scanning photographs.

Well done astro!

All that we are is what we have thought.
Message 9 of 10
See Most Recent

Scanning photographs.

I accessed the scanner through my computer, and changed the setting to colour, as opposed to grayscale as suggested by you folks. Simples! 😀😀 Is feeling a little smug now! Thank you all!,

Message 10 of 10
See Most Recent