Question about battery chargers.

I've got loads of gizmos and gadgets that use AA type batteries and, as we all know, it is cheaper in the long run to use re-chargeable batteries rather than single use ones. Only snag is that you need to buy a battery charger.I bought one like ......

http://tinyurl.com/qz9us85

but what I really wanted was a charger that gave some sort of indication that charging was complete. I sent e-mails to over a dozen sellers of such items and not a single one sold a charger that gave clues about the state of charge. Surely that's dangerous.

Message 1 of 13
See Most Recent
12 REPLIES 12

The very first AA battery charger I looked at on eBay had overcharge protection and a "countdown clock" to tell you when the batteries are charged.

My battery chargers have a flashing light to show they're charging, this changes to a constant light when the batteries are charged.

It's life Jim, but not as WE know it.
Live long and prosper.

Message 2 of 13
See Most Recent

Mmmmmm, I wonder if my battery charger, which I have not yet received, uses a similar system but the sellers just didn't know about it?

Message 3 of 13
See Most Recent

It's got a couple of LEDs on the front so perhaps so.

High volume sellers know little about what they're selling except how much they paid for an item and how much they can expect to get for it! (Oh, and how quick the buyer pays!!!) 🙂

It's life Jim, but not as WE know it.
Live long and prosper.

Message 4 of 13
See Most Recent

I have an Energizer fast charger which stops charging when the charge is complete, it also charges the cells individually so you can charge just one if necessary and it does AAs and AAAs, I would recommend it.

It does have an irritating habit of flashing when it considers the cells are no longer functioning properly though, some of mine were a few years old. Smiley Happy

I have a UNiROSS and it looks very similar to yours.

The LEDs show Red when charging and Green when fully charged.

Genesis 1.31 NIV The sixth day.
Message 6 of 13
See Most Recent

The coloured lights would be a bit of a non-starter, if you happened to be colour blind.

Mister EMB

Message 7 of 13
See Most Recent

i have had a AA charger for donkeys years and all it has is a red light on the front and as soon as the charging is done it goes out and turns it self off also does not matter what colour light you see if you sre colour blind .all you look for is if light has gone out all done.

the other biggest problem use to be that once they were charged you put them in draw until needed then they use to loose a certain amount of charge in the draw but you can buy batteries that hold there charge no matter how long they sit in the draw.these are dearer but worth it.

.................................................................................................................
Running away from your problems is a race you will never win.
Message 8 of 13
See Most Recent

But OK if you happen not to be colour blind.

I'm sure that anybody that has a serious problem will colour vision wont be buying a charger with coloured lights.

Genesis 1.31 NIV The sixth day.
Message 9 of 13
See Most Recent

The lights on mine just go out when the charging is complete.

@genesis_1.31 wrote:

But OK if you happen not to be colour blind.

I'm sure that anybody that has a serious problem will colour vision wont be buying a charger with coloured lights.

I'm not too sure about that. I knew someone once who applied for a job in Burton the Tailors, and who was colour blind. He got the job, but sadly didn't last a week. He had a stand up argument with a customer who wanted measured up for a green sports jacket, and this chap was insisting that he was wrong, and that the particular swatch he had chosen was red.

Just shows you, doesn't it ?

Mister EMB

Message 11 of 13
See Most Recent

There is one consolation to being colour-blind ...

The grass is always redder on the other side. Smiley Frustrated

Message 12 of 13
See Most Recent

I got the Energiser fast charger too.

It's brilliant, charges in about 15mins...........you can hear the batteries sizzle !!!!

...................and use them as hand warmers when it's cold.

What The Deuce
Message 13 of 13
See Most Recent