unable to buy or bid or add to basket and add to watch list....

unable to buy bid add to basket or add to watch list when any of these are selected the whole box of that are is surrounded by a blue line and you are not able to select different pics of the item either so basically once you have selected the item from the search list and you are on the product page nothing works.....am using safari on macbook pro have missed out winning something i was bidding on for a week and wish to but other items now unable to so pretty *bleep* off about it ......any help?????anyone......

Message 1 of 4
See Most Recent
3 REPLIES 3

There have been similar reports from other member from the past few days,  so you're not alone.

I have tagged 2 Community Managers to ask if this is a technical issue, when I get a reply,  I'll come back to you.

In the meantime which device and browser are you using?  If the app or mobile browser, then switch if you can to a PC / laptop and use  Chrome or Firefox they work best with eBay,  and try from there,  it might help.

Message 2 of 4
See Most Recent

@bakuk.ftvbzfj8 wrote:

unable to buy bid add to basket or add to watch list when any of these are selected the whole box of that are is surrounded by a blue line and you are not able to select different pics of the item either so basically once you have selected the item from the search list and you are on the product page nothing works.....am using safari on macbook pro have missed out winning something i was bidding on for a week and wish to but other items now unable to so pretty *bleep* off about it ......any help?????anyone......

Have a look at this thread, lots of users are affected both here & in the USA, lots of reports , it started  on the 24th of April.

https://community.ebay.co.uk/t5/Technical-Issues/Clicking-on-bidding-buy-it-now-watch-this-item-make...

My friend also could not use Safari on Mac, but used a different browser Firefox & it worked, unfortunately it does not work for everyone as others reported the opposite could not make it work on neither Safari nor Firefox.

Apparently ebay released some live updates a few days back that were not properly tested on all browsers & operating system as a result many users have this problem now.

Hope they'll fix it soon before even more customers abandon this place, but so far no announcement .

Message 3 of 4
See Most Recent

This is a huge widespread issue that's been ongoing for 4 days. I am basically unable to use ebay (cannot scroll pictures, expand pictures or magnify, and I cannot add to lists, submit bid, or 'buy it now'. I have this issue in both Firefox and Safari and others are reporting it with browsers such as Chrome and Pale Moon. Sellers are reporting huge drops in sales as a result. Ebay needs to act immediately to resolve, yet so far, nothing has been done.

Message 4 of 4
See Most Recent
Got technical related questions? Start here: