can't bid

Hello why cant i bid or watch item or look at more pics instead of one  cant realy do anything 

Message 1 of 10
See Most Recent
9 REPLIES 9

can't bid

There have been similar reports from other member from the past few days,  so you're not alone.

I have tagged 2 Community Managers to ask if this is a technical issue, when I get a reply,  I'll come back to you.

In the meantime which device and browser are you using?  If the app or mobile browser, then switch if you can to a PC / laptop and use  Chrome or Firefox they work best with eBay,  and try from there,  it might help.

Message 2 of 10
See Most Recent

can't bid

Same here. This is a huge widespread issue that's been ongoing for 4 days. I am basically unable to use ebay (cannot scroll pictures, expand pictures or magnify, and I cannot add to lists, submit bid, or 'buy it now'. I have this issue in both Firefox and Safari and others are reporting it with browsers such as Chrome and Pale Moon. Sellers are reporting huge drops in sales as a result. Ebay needs to act immediately to resolve, yet so far, nothing has been done.

Message 3 of 10
See Most Recent

can't bid

Hi andrewsneddon53, thanks for your post.

Is this still happening to you? If so, could you please let me know if you are getting an error, or the is the page just not responding when you try to submit your bid? Also, could you please let me know if you're trying to do this from the app or a browser?

Thank you,

Marco

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
eBay
Message 4 of 10
See Most Recent

can't bid

A lot of us are having the same problem. I'm using a browser (Safari) on an iPad and cannot bid, buy, watch items, nor scroll pictures. There are multiple similar reports from many users across multiple threads, and on other media. I think we’re all staggered that eBay don’t seem to have noticed until now.

Message 5 of 10
See Most Recent

can't bid

Could eBay PLEASE sort out the issue that started around 5 days ago with customers no longer being able to use ebay with certain versions of Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Pale Moon etc? eBay has excluded thousands of customers from being able to use it. I and other customers can no longer scroll, expand or magnify listing photos, or add to a list, buy it now or submit bid! I am now restricted to using my phone which I dislike because I cannot view the required detail in listing photos for the types of items I buy. Thank you.

Message 6 of 10
See Most Recent

can't bid

same thing happening with me,ebays customers support advice was to refresh the page,which made no difference,unbelievable this has been going on for about 5 days now.thank god for amazon.

Message 7 of 10
See Most Recent

can't bid

eBay's lack of care and support for customers on this is a real eye opener.

Message 8 of 10
See Most Recent

can't bid

Hi all,

This is an ongoing issue from our end, and I've reported that your accounts are being impacted. Right now we don't have an estimated fix time, but we are working on it to get it resolved as soon as possible.

Thank you,

Marco

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
eBay
Message 9 of 10
See Most Recent

can't bid

Seems to have just been fixed, thank you. I'm still getting that annoying rectangular box that appears around the main button panel when I click on anything in that area such as adding to list, submit bid, buy it now etc.

Message 10 of 10
See Most Recent
Got technical related questions? Start here: