Old nectar card

I have a new Nectar card that replaced my old one and would like to unlink my old card from eBay and link my new card instead.

"Your Nectar account has been temporarily disabled. We cannot show you your points balance and account information. Contact Nectar Customer Support".

This keeps showing whenever I try and find the unlink function. 

There is no option that I can see to unlink my old card.

Any help would be great, thank you. 

Message 1 of 11
See Most Recent
10 REPLIES 10

Old nectar card

They do tend to make things difficult to find sometimes!

Use a desktop browser,  not the app or mobile browser,  Chrome or Firefox work best with eBay.

Go to My eBay Selling drop down menu click on the last item, the Nectar logo.

On the page which appears on the left you will see your Account number partly starred out  Account no. ***** ******  1234  to the right there are 3 vertical dots.  Click on that and Unlink Account appears.

@george_owen 

Message 2 of 11
See Most Recent

Old nectar card

Thank you. I've tried this but the temporary disabled warning is still there so I can't reach or see the unlink function. 

Message 3 of 11
See Most Recent

Old nectar card

Hi @george_owen 

Ive escalate your account to be reviewed by our Nectar Team. I'll come back to you as soon as I have an update.

Thanks,

Dave

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
eBay
Message 4 of 11
See Most Recent

Old nectar card

Hi @george_owen 

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you, the guys were busier than usual over the last couple of days.

They checked your account and it looks like you were already up and running. We you able to get in? 

Thanks,

Dave

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
eBay
Message 5 of 11
See Most Recent

Old nectar card

Hello. No problem! Appreciate the help. 

It wasn't but it's now showing up as being able to link to my new card. However, I've linked to it twice and have had an email notification, twice, saying I'm linked but on the eBay app it still shows the, link nectar card, option. 

Message 6 of 11
See Most Recent

Old nectar card

Hello! 
Is there any news on my eBay/nectar link at all? It isn't showing on the eBay app at all and keeps prompting me to link up.

Message 7 of 11
See Most Recent

Old nectar card

Hi @george_owen 

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you, I'm only back in the office today.

From this side your account is OK so it looks like its just an issue with the app itself. There's a few troubleshooting steps you can try and if all else fails you can try reinstalling it. Try this and let me know how you get on:

Clear the Apps Cache

1. Open your device's Settings app.
  2. Find Apps or Application manager (depending on your device, this may be different, possibly under "more" settings).
  3. On the list, tap the eBay app. 
  4. Find  Storage.
  5. Tap Clear cache.

Clear the Apps Data

2. Tap Apps or Application manager (depending on your device, this may be different).
  3. On the list, tap the eBay app.
  4. Find Storage.
  5. Tap Clear data.

Force Stop the App

2. Find Apps or Application manager (depending on your device, this may be different, possibly under "more" settings).
  3. Select the eBay app from the list.
  4. Tap Force Stop.

Check for App Updates

1. Open the Play Store app.
  2. At the top left, tap Menu .
  3. Tap My apps & games.
  4. Apps with available updates are labelled "Update."
  5. If an update is available, tap the eBay app and then Update.

Uninstall/Reinstall the App

1. Tap the Apps button
  2. Touch & hold the eBay app.
  3. Drag the app to Uninstall at the top of the screen.
  4. Open the Play Store app.
  5. Tap Menu , then go to My Apps and games and tap All.
  6. Tap the eBay app.
  7. Tap Install or Enable.

Thanks,

Dave

eBay
Message 8 of 11
See Most Recent

Old nectar card

I'll try that, thanks.

I have an iPhone so it might mean an uninstall instead. 

Message 9 of 11
See Most Recent

Old nectar card

Hello there.

I've tried what you suggested and I uninstalled the app and reinstalled it but it still has the same, link accounts, option. The item I purchased from EBay yesterday hasn't shown up on my Nectar account either.

Message 10 of 11
See Most Recent

Old nectar card

Hi all,

Just thought I would add my recent experience. My Nectar Card showed as disabled on eBay after I reported lost card to Nectar.

I had to wait a while until new card arrived, then contacted Nectar online chat. As I had both old and new card numbers so I gave them both. They removed old card  from ebay and I then went on to eBay account and linked my new card. All transactions and points earned on old card showed correctly.

In all, a very easy process.

Message 11 of 11
See Most Recent
Got technical related questions? Start here: