How can I complain to eBay?

I have been an eBay buyer for many years. I recently bought an external hard drive for over £30 for one of my children. It didn't work properly, so I requested a refund.

i got sent a return sticker, and was told the seller had received the item, after I returned it for a refund.  I am currently going through a painful divorce. As well as trying to buy a flat. So receive a large number or emails each week regarding these and other matters.   So I do not regularly check eBay messages.   But because I was told the seller had received my item, I was waiting on my refund.    Yet I have now been told ebay have closed my refund claim!, and my seller cannot be contacted!   Please can someone from eBay help me. As I have been a loyal eBay customer for many years now. And will be so upset and angry if I am not refunded.   I cannot afford to lose this money, due to extreme financial difficulties. Please help me.

Message 1 of 7
See Most Recent
6 REPLIES 6

Contact eBay in the morning and ask for an explanation as to how this happened. You can request a call back from an eBay representative, if you go to the eBay help section and search contact eBay in the morning you will find it. 

If eBay can't enforce a refund now, if you paid by PayPal or credit card, contact them to see if you can do a chargeback. 

Message 2 of 7
See Most Recent

papso22
Experienced Mentor

As your seller failed to refund within the set time you should have escalated your returns case to eBay for them to step in.  As you didn't, the case timed out and can't be re-opened.

However eBay might do a courtesy refund for you, it's worth asking them before going to your funding source.

Message 3 of 7
See Most Recent

Here's a link to get a callback from eBay customer services it should bypass the automated assistant.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/eua?id=5275&mkevt=1&mkpid 

Message 4 of 7
See Most Recent

Thanks so much for your response and info.  Really appreciate it

Message 5 of 7
See Most Recent

Thank you for responding and info.  Much appreciated

Message 6 of 7
See Most Recent

Thanks so much for responding and providing the attached link. 

Message 7 of 7
See Most Recent
Got technical related questions? Start here: