Can not send message to specific seller

When sending a message from listed item to a seller, I keep getting this error for about 4 days now.

"Send message failed. Please try again"

Bidding on this seller items works fine.

Sending messages to other sellers works fine.

Cleaned cache on ebay app, no effect.

Can a seller block another user from sending messages? Or maybe just block messages from everyone?

Message 1 of 15
See Most Recent
14 REPLIES 14

Sellers can set their selling preferances to block buyers from bidding on their items if a buyer has 2 or more non payment strikes agianst there account.

I'm unsure if it includes stopping possible bidders/buyers from messaging a seller as well

Message 2 of 15
See Most Recent

Sellers can stop blocked buyers from contacting them but it says "Buyer won't see the "Contact Seller" button on your Questions and Answers page" so I don't think that applies in this case.

It's more likely a glitch.

Message 3 of 15
See Most Recent

As I mentioned, I can bid on this sellers item. But can not send a question about an item.

Never had a non payment issue with anyone.

Message 4 of 15
See Most Recent

Can see the button, just get error after sending. Can send fine to other sellers... How can this be a glitch with just one seller? 

Message 5 of 15
See Most Recent

I am experiencing same issue but only with 1 seller. I get either "failed to send message" or the eBay message 'Unfortunately, due to the high volume of messages this seller has received, they are unable to respond to your question right now'.

I have several issues as I am trying to return goods that had parts missing and not as described, but unable to contact seller at all. I can only send message once a purchase hase been made on the message to seller box. No other way to contact seller unless I make another purchase!

Can eBay step in as it appears from their feedback that I am not the only one and they are committing a scam!?

Message 6 of 15
See Most Recent

If there is a fault you do not contact the seller you simply open a case if within 30 days for "return" + "faulty".  If too late and you paid by Paypal you have 180 days to claim there and must escalate after 2 days

Seller will send a label to return if you are within 30 days.  If he does not then escalate the case after 3 full business days

@mikea-d 

Message 7 of 15
See Most Recent

Sellers expected delivery date is always in excess of 30 days from purchase! I believe they are using 'sharp practise' techniques. Is there no facility to open an investigation on seller practice on ebay?

Message 8 of 15
See Most Recent

I'm getting exactly the same issue with 1 seller. I won 3 items from them on one day and wanted to ask for combined postage invoice but can't contact them in any way.  I'm getting the same "send message failed" and my messages don't get through. I never dealt with this seller before. Never had this type of issue with anybody else.

Message 9 of 15
See Most Recent

That's super weird. I'm having exactly the same issues with one seller and it's getting quite annoying because I I don't want to pay additional fees for shipping when they can be combined in one. 

Message 10 of 15
See Most Recent

I am the seller and unable to message the possible buyer

Message 11 of 15
See Most Recent

I have the same issue as a seller. Initial exchanges with successful bidder worked but now "failing to send". Compounded by inability to contact eBay

Message 12 of 15
See Most Recent

If you still haven't managed to resolve the problem by the time you read this response try logging off of eBay UK and log onto one of their overseas sites, preferably one that uses English as its first language so that there is no language barrier.  Whenever I've used this option in the past to overcome site glitches I've always used https://www.ebay.com, which is the USA version of the site.  If you try that then you may be able to get through to the bidder if the problem that you are experiencing is due to a glitch specifically affecting the eBay UK site.

Message 13 of 15
See Most Recent

Thanks, managed to re-establish communication by using my laptop rather than my iPad & iPhone that I normally use. Very disappointing to have no support/explanation from eBay.

Sent from my iPad
Message 14 of 15
See Most Recent

Yep .on android phone I can only now get notifications.Obviously another botched app update.i have had to use an old phone with outdated android app to send and receive messages to seller.

Message 15 of 15
See Most Recent
Got technical related questions? Start here: